• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Fight for Islamic state, Aussies told (1 Viewer)

zeek

HSC
It is true that they were often working off strong foundations left by the greeks.
All science starts from somewhere....

I doubt that was the reason behind it if such an event ever even occured.
Copernicus, Gallileo?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
All science starts from somewhere....
Yea and I agree, that's why I wanted to label it as working off a greek foundation instead of essentially 'taking credit' for their work as bshoc seemed to be claiming.

Copernicus, Gallileo?
I simply mean that while it's true an oppressive regime could halter scientific advancement the amount of funding going towards science/the general economy imo has an even greater effect... The situation for those living in middle-age europe wasn't all that great.

HSC
Armenikum said:
They ARE willing to lose it for THEIR political agenda, not out of the goodness of their hearts to stabilise the region for Iraqis and Afghanis. Geez, why can't you read phrases, not words.
What is US political agenda which is NOT good for the afghanis that the US is willing to let its sodiers die for it? Was Afghanistan better off before the invasion under Taliban?

Jews are in Exile, google it, ask any religious Jewish Rabbi - fuckface. At least it's being pulled out of my ass, as opposed to pushing in. Now crouch down biatch, the queue is getting big.
They were in exile not anymore, apparently god changed his mind and let them go back to Israel and create their own nation better than any other country in the area. Now get your ass kicked again by some turks.

Jewish people were protesting in NY actually, because the world is confusing Jews with Zionists. Israel is the works of Zionists, and those who call themselves Israel, suport Zionism.
Jewish people in NY were demonstrating in thousands in new York City in support of Israel during its war with Hezbollah, including the next would be US President Hillary Clinton. You maybe confused with jews/israel and zionism, the world is not. And No country in the west declare zionist as terrorists, in fact most western countries support zionist in establishing Israel. Biggest supporters were france, USA,UK, USSR ha ha:rofl:

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
bshoc said:
I think you've got your history muddled, it was Islamic Arabs that provoked the Crusades ever since they (led by Mohammed) strode into Jerusalem and started forcibly converting (yes read any real history book) people, the holiest Christian city
you might have a point had Mohammed actually been alive when the muslims took jerusalem

Armenikum

HSC
Here you go IPrincess and Exphate... Here and Here.

IPrincess, you talk as if you have some knowledge of the Turkish Armenian story. Do you accept that there was a Genocide when you say 'armenians got their asses kicked?"

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Exphate said:
Winner. I wish people would stop the Zionist rants. Zionism is a waste of time now, they have their fucking homeland. Anyone who thinks someone who supports Israel is a Zionist should just shut the fuck up and open their god damn eyes.
Explain.

And no, i'm not with arguing you, nor am i trying to disprove your point. I just want to understand your perspective regarding the above quote.

zeek

HSC
So then zionism is acceptable every now and again when the Jewish homeland is under threat?

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Exphate your logic fails.

Zionism exists, because of the threat of losing the state of Israel. Historically, from 1099 to 1187, the land was in control of non-muslims, and that's alot more than 60 years. (Until saladin, reconquered modern day Israel, or Palestine.)

The biggest issue with Israel is the laws of migration and the treatment of Arab-Israelis. They're treated like second-classes citizens, they can't get jobs, can't go to good schools and aren't even defended properly. It's like the White-Australia policy. British colonists take the country off dark-skinned natives, and then institute a white-australia policy? How ironic is that?

It's proof that Zionism (Jewish State) and not an Israeli state. Still exists.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Exphate said:
The original point I made was that being a Jew and being a Zioist are two seperate entities and that people should stop fucking confusing the two.
They are two,

but every jew wants be a zionist. All zionists are Jews!.

So in essence it makes no difference.

banco55

HSC
sam04u said:
Exphate your logic fails.

Zionism exists, because of the threat of losing the state of Israel. Historically, from 1099 to 1187, the land was in control of non-muslims, and that's alot more than 60 years. (Until saladin, reconquered modern day Israel, or Palestine.)

The biggest issue with Israel is the laws of migration and the treatment of Arab-Israelis. They're treated like second-classes citizens, they can't get jobs, can't go to good schools and aren't even defended properly. It's like the White-Australia policy. British colonists take the country off dark-skinned natives, and then institute a white-australia policy? How ironic is that?

It's proof that Zionism (Jewish State) and not an Israeli state. Still exists.
The Arab-Israelis have more civil rights than just about any other Arabs in the middle east (the possible exception being Lebanon). In fact there are Arab-Israeli newspapers that are very critical of the Israeli PM etc. Try publlishing a newspaper in jordan, egypt, syria etc. that says nasty stuff about the dear leader. They also have higher living standards than most other arabs (exceptions being some of the oil rich gulf states).

banco55

HSC
Exphate said:
Ie. Most of them?
ahh no. The gulf states have small populations so they make up a small proportion of the arab population. The big arab countries like Egypt, Syria, Jordan etc. are poor as church mice. Iraq's economy has never been good. Saudia Arabia isn't as rich as it used to be either.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
banco55 said:
ahh no. The gulf states have small populations so they make up a small proportion of the arab population. The big arab countries like Egypt, Syria, Jordan etc. are poor as church mice. Iraq's economy has never been good. Saudia Arabia isn't as rich as it used to be either.
I wouldn't really consider Jordan to be big......

zeek

HSC
The fact that Israel is still going ahead with the construction of a 6 metre high concrete wall to enclose Palestinians on their land is enough proof that they're still fighting(i use this word lightly) for their state and for more land.

JayB

HSC
zeek, they're fighting for peace, not more land. in the past, the peace offers on behalf of the israeli government to the palestinian one have been land. why give away what you're fighting for, doesnt make much sense now does it?

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
fuck religion and fuck islam...fucking used as an excuse for war...the more i hear about these pyschopaths the more i hate islam

"the pope said we are taught to be violent...its in the qu'ran...lets show him that we arent violent by bombing churches"

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
zeek said:
The fact that Israel is still going ahead with the construction of a 6 metre high concrete wall to enclose Palestinians on their land is enough proof that they're still fighting(i use this word lightly) for their state and for more land.
Israel shouldn't have been created in the first place.

[/thread]

JayB

HSC
why exactly shouldnt israel have been created? the land was bought from those who owned it, or given by those who controlled it. and it was peaceful until the 48 war of independance was started by the arabic nations around it... where is the justification for that claim s1m0?

HotShot

-_-
HSC
JayB said:
zeek, they're fighting for peace, not more land. in the past, the peace offers on behalf of the israeli government to the palestinian one have been land. why give away what you're fighting for, doesnt make much sense now does it?
Oh yeah, so is Hamas , Hezbollah and IRan they are all 'fighting' for peace.

Israel gave away land that was worthless - that had no natural resources whatsoever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)