• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Was it just me or was Anasta not involved at all? Was a good game. i think Utai did ok for the doggies. Apart from him, it was a pretty poor effort from the rest in the 2nd half.

richz

yes, the anzac game is at aussie. I agree, tupou had a great game, it was ashame he got injured during training in 2003, or else he would be the youngster of the seson that year. I agree crocker had a magnificent first game. And yes i hope the dragons beat the broncos!!!!

HSC
copious said:
Was it just me or was Anasta not involved at all?
I thought he played well - he was more willing to attack the opposition line. His kicking game was solid, but nothing spectacular. The Dogs seem to lack confidence and some muscle to go forward without Mason.

*mel*

copious said:
Was it just me or was Anasta not involved at all? Was a good game. i think Utai did ok for the doggies. Apart from him, it was a pretty poor effort from the rest in the 2nd half.

Yeah Utai was one of the only Bulldogs to stand out yesterday. Didn't Anasta make heaps of mistakes?

And how about that try saving tackle from Mini!? WOOO!!! :D

T

timbk2

i thought anasta played pretty well last night in the first half.. . . utai was a stand out.. asotasi was good at the start.. the rest of the players did jack shit.

amazing how mich they miss mason/SBW.. the rookies arent up to the task yet... proly been thrown into the spotlight too early cause of the injuries.

Kazaf

HSC
How can you guys forget about Sherwin?
He's great, that wonderful 40/20.

Anyways, go the Knights this sunday against the warriors, Danny Bederus is BACK!!!
Wish I had foxtel to watch it :(

How much is fox sport channel only?
I would only want fox just to watch the footy.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Kazaf said:
Anyways, go the Knights this sunday against the warriors, Danny Bederus is BACK!!!
Wish I had foxtel to watch it :(
Is he actually back? Maybe I should tip Knights then. It's so hard to pick! It'll be interesting to see what impact he has. It'll be a good game. Come to think of it, all this weekends games are good. I love that it's this even (except I'd like it better if the Bulldogs actually WON a game).

Jiga

Even wif Buderus back, and the fact its ther first home game, they will still struggle against the Warriors. They are clear favourties for the wooden spoon.

As for the dogs, its obvious they are struggling without Sonny-Bill and Mason, once their bak, things will change for sure.

HSC
Rorters had to win for the good of the game... another loss and they probably wouldn't have any fans left.

Mason and SBW are 2 of the best 2nd rowers in the game, certainly the most damaging ball runners. C*nterbury really missing them as expected, and having Trevor Thurling out as well isn't helping. Agree with Schoolies, once they are back they will be a different team.

Anasta was not offisde, should have been a try. But then again Morley shouldn't have been sent off for that.

**Mel88**....

I was wondering if you could give me some information on how the Rorters obtained Anthony Topou?

**MeL**88 said:
And as if every other single club is only made up of local talent! Let's look at the oh so precious saints that many ppl love here. Colin Best, Willie Manu and Clint Greenshields have all been 'bought' to name a few... so can u say that saints are only made up local talent?
Do you still agree with what you said?

Knights_chick

I wish Anthony Tupou could come back to the Knights, since he was a knights junior. He really is becoming a top player.
I thought the Roosters played really well last night. I missed the first 20 mins when the Bulldogs scored all their tries. Morley should NOT have been sent off, it was not that bad. It deserved a penalty and maybe placed on report. Utai is the biggest actor in the comp. He lays down when he gets just a slight knock, he deserves a LOGIE for his performance.

Anyway, I am expecting the Knights to play better this weekend. The Warriors have a few out, so they should go close to winning. Buderus is definately playing and I think he is going to have a wow of a game.

Funny how the Bulldogs have lost 4 in a row now. Now they know what it is like to be missing your top players and be left with players who SHOULD be in first division.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
I agree the anasta offside was a pretty harsh call... overall simpkins had an absolute shocker...

regarding tupou. roosters can spot talent, and obviously rated him more than the knights. so roosters gave him a good offer, theres no reason why the knights couldnt have matched it to keep him. 2 possible reasons why they didnt :
knights don't think tupou is worth that much money - well whose fault is that? or
the knights couldn't match it financially - that just means the club is poorly managed, dont blame other clubs, have a look at your own board.

knights has a very well developed junior system and has a huge area covered. The roosters is based around inner sydney city, bondi and the area in between, which is positively tiny compared to newcastle, illawarra area, sutherland shire, penriths, the whole bloody state of queensland.
Theres only 3 clubs, of course there'd be little junior players in the 1st grade team. but that's not to say the roosters dont develop players. tupou lost 20 kg and has improved immensely since joining the club

Knights_chick

The Knights couldn't match the offer of the Roosters. Remember Newcastle have never had any money and clubs have been taking our talented juniors and making them top players. Oh well, every club gets it I suppose.
Oh btw, the Knights can't even afford recruitment officers!! I can't believe the board knocked back the offer for privitisation.

The Roosters have no junior system, they are in the Souths comp.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
The Knightz are suckin cauz they can't afford to pay all their playerz good money wit Johnz takin up so much of the cap.

I didn't think the Roosterz played that well last night, itz just the Dogz bein so shit after the first 20minz.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
the minichello tackle turned tonights game
It was a good tackle but I think the Asotasi try was the turning point. It wouldve been 22 all and the momentum with the doggies, but no excuses the doggies didnt deserve to win.

iamsickofyear12 said:
The roosters did play well, but the reason they won is because the bulldogs played shit.
True.
They were playing against 12 men in the second half, all they had to do is spread the ball and there has to be a gap or an overlap somewhere, or if there wasnt at least they made the roosters tired from covering more ground.

I still think the problem is the bench. The starting side ran to 16-0 lead, and then when the bench came on it was 16-12. I'll wait til we have Sonny Bill and Mason back.

But it wasnt all bad, i still got to see Ricketson get smashed by Maitua. It was funny! first Ricketson bitch-slaps him and then Maitua gets up and gives him a few jabs to the head.

richz

Anasta didnt play that bad, he was good in the first half, but he didnt get involved in the 2nd. The roosters didnt play well some ppl say, u r just arrogant. Look just becuz u dont like the roosters u dont have to say they play bad.

As for tonights game when the bunnies got thrashed by the panthers. It was the worst game ive ever seen, they were both awful

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
xrtzx said:
The roosters didnt play well some ppl say, u r just arrogant. Look just becuz u dont like the roosters u dont have to say they play bad.
who said they didnt play well?

richz

ohwhenthesaints said:
Rorters had to win for the good of the game... another loss and they probably wouldn't have any fans left.

Mason and SBW are 2 of the best 2nd rowers in the game, certainly the most damaging ball runners. C*nterbury really missing them as expected, and having Trevor Thurling out as well isn't helping. Agree with Schoolies, once they are back they will be a different team.

Anasta was not offisde, should have been a try. But then again Morley shouldn't have been sent off for that.

**Mel88**....

I was wondering if you could give me some information on how the Rorters obtained Anthony Topou?

Do you still agree with what you said?
not necessarily, if there fans are faithful, they will stay with them. Eg. Souths
they dont win but they still get a good crowd. Supporters dont always look at how their team is going. Thats why they are supporters, they support a team thorugh good and bad times...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)