• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Were israel's actions excessive? (1 Viewer)

Was the israeli response in GAZA and LEBANON Over The Top (OTT)?

• YES

Votes: 53 58.9%
  • NO

Votes: 25 27.8%
  • UNDECIDED

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • DONT REALLY CARE WHAT HAPPENS IN THAT REGION

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tobiascockerill

HSC
what alot of people have not realised is the ongoing pressure of the hezbollah on israel over a long time. Israels reaction can be seen as a 'last straw' reaction.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
tobiascockerill said:
what alot of people have not realised is the ongoing pressure of the hezbollah on israel over a long time. Israels reaction can be seen as a 'last straw' reaction.
this is a new beginning for terrorism, as far as i can terrorism has won a nother vicotory against the allies. innocent civilians have died, instability in the region , more support for hezbollah exactly what the terrorists.

diplomatic solutions have more lasting effects than militaric solutions. this has been proven over the years.

this wont be the last straw for the israel it seems it will be one of many straws for them. they just arent going about the right way. they cannot destroy hezbollah this way. they will just increase support for them, and the lebanese kids whose family died will want to seek revenge, and ahve nothing to lose afterall their family is dead.

its cyclical - its easy to say its the last straw action, but htink of it from hezbollah's perspective its only the beginnings. ever sive the afghanistan invasion the world has been in deeper problems. the likelihood of terrorist act has increased instead of reducing!

ZabZu

HSC
HotShot said:
anyway.. hezbollah is such a thread to Israel - i mean their rockets can just make it over the border and hit some outlying residential houses in northern israel - they are such threat.
Hundreds of rockets have hit Haifa, Israel's third largest city. The rockets arent just some dodgy weapons that they made by from household materials, they were provided by Iran and Syria, two countries that have advanced weapon programs.

Israelis in the north live in constant fear. Many spend most of the day in bomb shelters. Plus Hezbollah is saying that it can strike beyond Haifa, to other major centres, maybe even Tel Aviv.

ZabZu said:
Hundreds of rockets have hit Haifa, Israel's third largest city. The rockets arent just some dodgy weapons that they made by from household materials, they were provided by Iran and Syria, two countries that have advanced weapon programs.

Israelis in the north live in constant fear. Many spend most of the day in bomb shelters. Plus Hezbollah is saying that it can strike beyond Haifa, to other major centres, maybe even Tel Aviv.
yes, ever since israel bombed beirut.

ela33i

HSC
a blog taken from BOB (http://www.lebanonheartblogs.blogspot.com/), he is situated in Lebanon, he actually knows first hand what is occuring.

i think you should read it. think about what is being said.

" Unity? What unity?

I have been calling for peace and for putting internal pressure on Hezbollah to stop its violence, and now it seems that Hezbollah is the one pressuring the rest of us. People criticized me for offering a dissenting opinions and supposedly shattering our unity, while the pro Hezbollah forces in Lebanon and outside have been waging a fierce campaign against all the different factions. Nassrallah to Najah Wakim and all the rest of these guys, they have been attacking all those who stand against them, or have not supported Hezbollah, totally vilifying them, calling them traitors and maybe soon burning them at the stake.

It is shame, and it gives you a snap shot of what will happen if Hezbollah wins… the end of Democracy, the end of freedom of press and the end of Lebanon. Some of you will bombard me with comments saying look at Israel it is destroying Lebanon and killing its people, and if Hezbollah loses then we will be humiliated. That might be true. But this is reality and reality sucks. Nothing is totally black or white. All is gray and dripping with blood. Both prospects of this war are a nightmare; there is no solution that benefits us, the people of Lebanon. Everything benefits some external power. Iran or the USA. Israel or Syria. Our country is once more the battle ground for foreign powers using internal pawns. No matter who wins, Lebanon will lose!

Many will ask why not pressure Israel. Well I encourage you and will help you in this endeavor, but I have been here in 93 and 96 and that does not work and this time Israel did not start the violence, Hezbollah did and they have to make the first step to find a solution. Does this mean that I support Israel!! Not at all, as I repeatedly said earlier, I condemn all kind of violence, especially when it target civilians, no matter what are the reasons. And Israel methods of using excessive violence, targeting innocent and destroying infrastructure have been one of the reasons, among many others, that we are in this mess that keeps getting messier…

So where is the solution? I do not know, I am tired, I am sick of this whole thing and I feel helpless. Every time I call for peace I feel like I am committing high treason.
I feel that the county have been destroyed and its soul is slowly being poisoned, by hate, by fundamentalism. More and more people have picked up the rhetoric of war and violence. And people are still being killed, infrastructures is till being vaporized and Hezbollah are till being portrayed as heroes, with no end to violence in sight.

Real peace is the only way. All parties internal and external must understand that we do not care for any ideologies, religions, or dreams of grandeur. Let them keep their battle for the whole Umma, and their fantasies of destruction and death. We are sick of all this. We want peace and we want it now! No more war, not with Israel or Syria or anyone else. Nothing gets accomplished through violence nothing but death.

At the end it does not matter who is to blame and who started this, all what matter is that if you stop believing in peace, no matter how much it hurts at the moment, then we and our beloved country are really lost.

PEACE NOW"

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
^

Poll from Assafir newspaper

A poll found that 70% of lebanese support HA taking prisoners.

These are some of the highlights:

70 % support the capture of the two Israeli soldiers (73.1 among Sunnis, 96.3 among Shi`ites, 40% among Druzes, and 55 among Christians);

87% support that "the resistance fight Israeli aggression on Lebanon" (88.9 among Sunnis, 96.3 among Shi`ites, 80% among Druzes, and 80% among Christians);

8% think that America adopted a positive position toward Lebanon during this war (7.9% among Sunnis, 4 among Shi`ites, 13.6 among Druzes, and 15 among Christians
From that poll I would its pretty united. You cant get everyone on one side

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
For the final time - provide a link (or a meaningful reference) or don't bother to hit the submit button.

Last edited:

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
Generator said:
For the final time - provide a link (or a meaningful reference) or don't bother to hit the submit button.
My bad

fixed now

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
killing people, no matter who does it, is something which i cannot support. so many kids dead, and have had no idea of what was coming, or going on, that's just stupid, the innocent people are suffering because of these heartless "organisations" or whatever they want to be called.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)