• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

wat mark is considered good? in MX2 (1 Viewer)

justchillin

HSC
but to get 90+ as a HSC course mark, you only need like 80+ in the exam as a raw mark...

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
justchillin said:
but to get 90+ as a HSC course mark, you only need like 80+ in the exam as a raw mark...
Possibly even less depending on the exam.
100/120 is a decent mark imo - it would get you around 95 or even 96 (with rounding, and depending on the Band 6 cut-off)

justchillin

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Possibly even less depending on the exam.
100/120 is a decent mark imo - it would get you around 95 or even 96 (with rounding, and depending on the Band 6 cut-off)
mmm still, I think many pple would be dissappointed with that... I really do hope they make it hard this year...

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
justchillin said:
mmm still, I think many pple would be dissappointed with that... I really do hope they make it hard this year...
Really? Why is that? I'd love to hear your justification for a harder exam.

chap87

i have been told by all the maths teachers here at my school, that a raw mark of around 4.5-5/8 will get you a mark in the 90's for ext 2. What would that be, around 70-75/120.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I think many people are a bit too blase and complacent. You should be aiming for at least 80%, not 70% or 60% (and certainly nothing lower).

We have NO solid evidence that 70% raw would get you a 90 aligned.

What you be happy with actually getting is a different story.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Slide Rule said:
I think many people are a bit too blase and complacent. You should be aiming for at least 80%, not 70% or 60% (and certainly nothing lower).

I can say with great certainty that that is the case, though.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Slide Rule said:

Good point.
As long as you are content with your level of study and have no regrets about the exam, you will be happy with your mark. As I've said to a few people, I'd be happier with 85% knowing that I could've done no better than 98% knowing that I could easily have got the extra 2% with just a bit more study. Strange as it may seem, that's my attitude towards exams.

P

pLuvia

~ ReNcH ~ said:
Good point.
As long as you are content with your level of study and have no regrets about the exam, you will be happy with your mark. As I've said to a few people, I'd be happier with 85% knowing that I could've done no better than 98% knowing that I could easily have got the extra 2% with just a bit more study. Strange as it may seem, that's my attitude towards exams.
my mind is very wierd, when doing exercises i tend to just leave out the ones i cant do and dont bother doing them later, but when it comes to tests etc, i do quite well, i can remember anything lol. This is only in maths though

HSC
The idea that people who do MX2 are complacent is surely a misconception...
except for those scurvy people who do it just so their 3unit maths counts for two units.....but I know what you mean, that people can be complacent about 'just' getting 70%
Anyway, 'a good mark' is the best you can do. And then some.

justchillin

HSC
The reason I want a harder exam is becasue I think the q8 should be for talented students who can see the linkage; at the moment if u do a shitload of past papers and are well prepared, then the q8 u will have proably seen before... and why should we be complacent with 70 or 80%; the way I see it, over 90% raw mark is certaintly not an impossibility, considering the level of genius present even here on this forum...

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
The HSC was never designed to challenge talented students. ;)

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
hsc is purely to provide a means by which you are tested and ranked, no where are u supposed 2 learn, or gain an "education"

as proven by the fact that english is purely a subject where u learn it the way ur teacher says it and cant take any other view, physics is completely wrong and almost everything u learn doesnt actually work in true life physics, and maths tests are easy....ish

ishq

brown?
HSC
Slide Rule said:
The HSC was never designed to challenge talented students. ;)
Agreed!!!
Absolutely.
That is not the purpose of the HSC.
I think the 'level of genius' on this forum should keep that in mind.
For further challenges, for 'talented students' there is the option of doing Maths at Uni, or in their spare time.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Indeed. I am all for challenging talented students, but I don't think the 4u course is the place for that. They would be freer to pursue their interests if said interests were not restricted by the HSC and its exams.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
you need to get out more. i just got owned in the 4u cssa paper and any harder and it would be a crime against humanity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)