• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The Sims 2 (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Not sure if anyone mentioned this but there's that promo with Pizza Hut for like $35 you get the game and a bunch of food for you and your mates.

EDIT: Turns out you also get the University expansion pack too, along with 2 large pizzas, Garlic Bread, and a 1.25L Pepsi. Sounds pretty awesome imo considering that the food alone probably costs $15 or so if you buy it from Pizza Hut anyway.

Last edited:

robo-andie

HSC
The_highwayman said:
it was University > Nightlife > open for business.
Didn't they come out at the same time?.......

I swear I live under a rock and I just can't admit it...

transcendent

HSC
N/A
it's definately University > Nightlife > Open For Business > Family Fun Stuff > Pets

froggy_chik87

HSC
okay, so what would happen if i got university now, after i already have nightlife? would it still work? and i've also heard unversity is really shit...is that true...cause i was thinking of getting the pizza hut deal assuming it was good and it'd work!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
You would need to uninstall nightlife and then put university on, then nightlife, otherwise it wouldn't work.

University is alright. I never get my sims to go to uni and get a degree though, cause I'm too lazy :p
Might start another family full of sims who have uni degrees.

One thing I hate about the sims, is twins! I can't stand them, especially when they are todlers!

Last edited:

transcendent

HSC
N/A
uni is awesome! it gives you two extra want boxes and a little kick to get you started in all career fields. it is a drag to get them to uni but uni is where my sims usually get their first sexual experience :D i didn't like nightlife as much but the date mini game is interesting. open for business gives other mini games like building your own business but i found this to be the weakest of the current expansions.

frootloop

HSC
Love the Sims. Haven't played in yonks and yonks. Don't know if I want to start again because I'll probably get really addicted (again) and eventually ignore all my uni work and then fail and yeah.

lol. Death is people too. :uhhuh: Who doesn't like watching TV? During an ad break he should've gotten up and gone to the can. :D Priceless.

Death by satellite- when I read that could happen I tried to make it happen but I couldn't. :(

transcendent

HSC
N/A
you can't really 'make' it happen. apparently there is a higher chance of it happening if the sim goes and stares at the clouds of it's own free will. this also goes for alien abductions and male impregnations of an alien spawn with the telescope.

you can install the expansions in any order, it doesn't matter.

s2indie

HSC
I had two sets of twins in one family. Man that was tiring. I gave up on the second set of twins, they're not as brilliant as the first.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
i have only ever had one set of twins. They were ugly so i had to make one of the parents do the career where they get the plastic surgery machine as the career reward. they're not so ugly now.

has anyone ever got into a secret society? i read that you have to become friends with three of the uni students with blazers on. Is this true?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Twins are such a handful. But its also a genetic thing.

I've never got into the secret society at uni. I've heard about it though. I've read that you need your sims to make friends with 3 sims who have jackets with llamas on them.

Has anyone had zombie or vampire sims? One of my sims got bitten by a vampire, then I accidentally killed here, cause she was up during the day =/

frootloop

HSC
I hated my stupid twins! Pissed me off! Too much work... had to turn off aging so I had the time to potty train them and all that. Grrr toddler twins.

Secret society: yes. I've made a couple of the sims I sent to uni members. From what I remember you get taken to this large house (the secret club place) and there's all rare and hard to get stuff there. You can go there to hang out any time you want (whilst you're at uni). You can also do a secret handshake with other members... and when you try doing it with a non-member they're all like wtf? heheh. You are able to do the handshake for the rest of your life (not just at uni).

s2indie

HSC
The_highwayman said:
and with the twins thing, i just got the dad to look after one of the kids and the mum to look after the other.
Yeh I did that. But then the other twin didn't have a relationship with the other parent.

Haha, my toddlers were never potty trained or anything. It takes too long. It's not like they don't know how to walk when they reach the next stage.

frootloop

HSC
Yeah it's not really worth it. Just have heaps of cash and accumulate heaps of aspiration points and you could easily get everything that is at the secret society place. I'm pretty sure you could get everything in there...

About the toddlers... I know they can walk and go to the toilet and talk when they grow up but I just liked having that sense of completeness after teaching them everything. Closure. It's all about closure. :uhhuh:

edit: yay 300th post!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I think I found the secret society, or atleast it was a society. A limo came and picked my sim up from the dorm. It went to this house, which had all the career rewards. And you also get a bonus $40,000. Which is handy when you don't cheat.

frootloop

HSC
Cape said:
I think I found the secret society, or atleast it was a society. A limo came and picked my sim up from the dorm. It went to this house, which had all the career rewards. And you also get a bonus $40,000. Which is handy when you don't cheat.
Woah I don't remember that part. Well that's a definite bonus of becoming a member! I didn't like using the motherlode cheat... 40k would've be sweet. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)