• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The Sims 2 (2 Viewers)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
The first time I had kids I got the twins. The little monsters made me broke and took up all my time, so I made a new character. I think my second character was a bachelor that had the romance motives, and then I would go around trying to fuck all the women in the neighbourhood.

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
I don't see the point in any more Sim expansions when they are currently working on Sims 3 already. It better have a better more detailed facial configuration tool if I were to get it. I want to see what my potential kids would look like with different people.

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
Haven't you ever wondered what your kids would look like with say a celebrity or someone of another race?

I dunno when it comes out.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Even though this was said a few pages ago:
The_highwayman said:
Dont buy Mysims. It's terrible.
Yeah, I played it the other day it was horrible. The minigames are shit and there's no incentive to keep playing.

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
The_highwayman said:
Sims 3 is rumoured to be released something like late next year.

Oh, btw, dont buy SimCity Societies either. It sucks bad. As in, REALLY bad. On par with MySims
What's the deal with Societies? I saw it the other day and it looked interesting...what's so bad about it?

And woooo, Sims3.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
Lizakith said:
What's the deal with Societies? I saw it the other day and it looked interesting...what's so bad about it?

And woooo, Sims3.
Ok, so on further reflection my original statement probably needs fleshing out. As a SimCity game, yes, SCS does really suck. Basically, it doesnt really simulate any of the problems faced by a real city planner as the other titles in the franchise have done or, at least, attempted to do. When i approached it with a SimCity frame-of-mind it made me feel really dumb and uneducated. It was just too easy for a simcity game. That is, it was too easy to make a city because you didnt have to concentrate on all the micro-management stuff.
However, as a game in it's own right it isnt toooooooo bad. Certainly not game-of-the-year but it is sort of entertaining and quite beautiful to look at. it basically is an offshot to the typical simcity series but instead of focusing on transport, schools, hospitals, taxes etc you focus on the 'societal energies' like productivity, spirituality, authority etc. THis basically means that, by encouraging one or more of these 'energies' you can produce different types of cities (such as an Orwellian City, Romantic City, a redneck small town and so forth.) It requires a different sort of thinking to a typical simcity title and has clearly just been dubbed SCS to profit from the Original series' reputation. The biggest thing that i find is different from other simcity titles is that you 'plop' all the buildings. That means, no zoning, which also means no gradual evolution and change in your city. i think that is rather unfortunate considering that seeing a medium-sized skyscraper suddenly arise in your city (and then acting to encourage more) was one of the most exciting parts of SimCity 4 and titles before it.

Unfortunately, the thing that frustrates me most about SCS is that this game has become another victim to EA's notorious habit of releasing products whether or not they are 'ready' just so they fit a schedule. I can't play the game for >30mins before it crashes. I'm lucky. Some people posting on the SCS forum cant even start the game (different error to mine) and some, with the same error as mine, are lucky to last 10-15 minutes. A patch has already been released (like, a day after the game was shipped) supposedly fixing the crashes. No such luck. Instead, EA's dreadful customer support has resulted in basically no indication of a fix-in-the-works or even acknowledgement of the problems. I'd really love to play the game but atm i'm unable to grow my city past 8000 people because of crashes. I have autosave running every three minutes but it really tarnishes my motivation to keep playing when i'm never sure if that city block i just constructed will survive or if it'll be obliterated from memory by an error which should never have shipped with the game.

So yeah. Not really a wonderful game yet. No doubt it will also become subject to EA's other notorious habit with sim titles and see an abundance of Expansion Packs. (assuming it is actually a successful title).

Last edited:

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
The_highwayman said:
Ok, so on further reflection my original statement probably needs fleshing out. As a SimCity game, yes, SCS does really suck. Basically, it doesnt really simulate any of the problems faced by a real city planner as the other titles in the franchise have done or, at least, attempted to do. When i approached it with a SimCity frame-of-mind it made me feel really dumb and uneducated. It was just too easy for a simcity game. That is, it was too easy to make a city because you didnt have to concentrate on all the micro-management stuff.
However, as a game in it's own right it isnt toooooooo bad. Certainly not game-of-the-year but it is sort of entertaining and quite beautiful to look at. it basically is an offshot to the typical simcity series but instead of focusing on transport, schools, hospitals, taxes etc you focus on the 'societal energies' like productivity, spirituality, authority etc. THis basically means that, by encouraging one or more of these 'energies' you can produce different types of cities (such as an Orwellian City, Romantic City, a redneck small town and so forth.) It requires a different sort of thinking to a typical simcity title and has clearly just been dubbed SCS to profit from the Original series' reputation. The biggest thing that i find is different from other simcity titles is that you 'plop' all the buildings. That means, no zoning, which also means no gradual evolution and change in your city. i think that is rather unfortunate considering that seeing a medium-sized skyscraper suddenly arise in your city (and then acting to encourage more) was one of the most exciting parts of SimCity 4 and titles before it.

Unfortunately, the thing that frustrates me most about SCS is that this game has become another victim to EA's notorious habit of releasing products whether or not they are 'ready' just so they fit a schedule. I can't play the game for >30mins before it crashes. I'm lucky. Some people posting on the SCS forum cant even start the game (different error to mine) and some, with the same error as mine, are lucky to last 10-15 minutes. A patch has already been released (like, a day after the game was shipped) supposedly fixing the crashes. No such luck. Instead, EA's dreadful customer support has resulted in basically no indication of a fix-in-the-works or even acknowledgement of the problems. I'd really love to play the game but atm i'm unable to grow my city past 8000 people because of crashes. I have autosave running every three minutes but it really tarnishes my motivation to keep playing when i'm never sure if that city block i just constructed will survive or if it'll be obliterated from memory by an error which should never have shipped with the game.

So yeah. Not really a wonderful game yet. No doubt it will also become subject to EA's other notorious habit with sim titles and see an abundance of Expansion Packs. (assuming it is actually a successful title).

It seemed like a kind of in-between-massive-releases title when I saw it the other day. It sounds more like a civilisation sim that a city building sim, which is fine, but the fact that they're marketing it as simcity is kinda dodge.

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
I got the Sims 2 with Family Fun Stuff a while ago and now I've bought some expansions that were released before family fun stuff. I'm assuming I need to uninstall family fun stuff, re-install the others in order then family fun stuff?

What sites do you download stuff from as well? There seems to be so many, but which one are good? I mainly use the sims resource.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
i havent played this in a year. i did for the first time recently and got hecticly bored.

boy my tastes have changed

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
i havent played this in a year. i did for the first time recently and got hecticly bored.

boy my tastes have changed
I keep thinking about reinstalling it and checking out all the new stuff, but I know I will get bored.

HSC
i'm becoming bored of it recently too.
And i never thought i would! :(
it's only because i stopped myself from playing it so i could focus on uni, allowing myself to grow away from it.

And the Free Time EP does not appeal to me in the slightest. I think my enjoyment in the game will be rejuvinated with the Sims 3.

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
Kitchen and bathroom stuff...random. Would be good to have more things but I don't know if its worth the money.

Where do you all get your CC from? I only use the Sims Resource and raonsims.com for hair.

HSC
dont do CC.
Had bad experiences once where it screwed up my game and yeah...
I wish some decent games were around nowadays. Like, the last few weeks i've been so into SimCity 4. Why dont they make wholesome games like that anymore? why is it always about the money?:(

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
I stopped buying Sims when they started releasing the Stuff Packs. It's all about the money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)