• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Telstra Vs Optus (1 Viewer)

Telstra Vs Optus (value)

• Telstra

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Optus

Votes: 23 69.7%

• Total voters

Tarek

0oo0o0o i get from 600-900kb/s lolz.... yay go me... and plenty of people in my area have optus cable including 2 schools lolz...

but yeh... i should change from optus to telstra but i cbf and 12 gigs is enough for me... (6g i 3 days... thats not normal....)

lol ive given up games 2... remember the days of startraft, counterstrike, grand theft auto,fifa....etc.

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
How the hell do you people get fast download speeds? I mean FUCK... i only get like 100kb/s.......... download rate ............

sunny

meh.
HSC
Also depends on where and what you are downloading from.

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
if i can get my bigpond webspace thing uploaded or even bothered uploading the usuage thing.. i would.. maybe later

but atm.. im on telstra unlimited* plan for cable. Atm 45GB downloaded the entire month. No cap at all.

Telstra don't have the capping thing in yet for the past two months.. so ive been going on a download bonanza.. its great.. optus users i think don't have the same story. :p

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
how the hell do u have 45 gigs per month??????????
im wif telstra too........unlimited plan too, 2 months free, free modem and installation, $70 a month, this is cable by the way, unlimited tho may slow to 64kps if over "10 GIGS"......wat plan r u wif?......ive checked all plans but havent seen urs b4

Tarek

Originally posted by lillaila
im wif telstra too........unlimited plan too, 2 months free, free modem and installation, $70 a month, this is cable by the way, unlimited tho may slow to 64kps if over "10 GIGS"......wat plan r u wif?......ive checked all plans but havent seen urs b4
he canonly do it for abit, its not a real plan... i dont think they have put the cap on yet, but they will soon. if they dont he knows someone on the inside. lol.

i think he use to be wif optus from before anyway.

Panda Bear

HSC
Originally posted by lillaila
yup I am at 49GB now..I'm gonna reach 50GB over night LOL...

but yeah... i know what you mean... you must be annoyed!

what telstra has done for the past 2 months is that they havent' implemented the capping system in yet. I have been with telstra for 2 years now, and they have been fine. I have been using the cable service.

Anyway, Before i was on the 3Gb plan, and i couldn't download anything. when this plan came online.. I changed immediately. However, i have been trolling around forums and with people's experiences, capping has not started at all for january and february. I found that out late in the middle of the month last month.. so i went on a download bonanza.. i got about 30GB total last month

this month, i pretty much started in the second week and have been going strong ever since.. i will try to post a screenshot if i have time..

But yeah, the gest of it is that telstra hasn't had their capping thing in yet for the past 2 months.. and all downloads atm since then have been "true unlimited"

next month may not be as so.. but let's just hope it isn't on again :)

u can check out www.whirlpool.net.au for the information.. check back there often.. it'll give you miracles!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
hehe i dont mind, youll be capped hard when capping comes in considering ups and downs count :D

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I WANT panda bear's plan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: THATS SOOOOOOO UNFAIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

:)

Last edited:

Panda Bear

HSC
lillaila! what plan and ISP are you on?!

if you're on telstra this has been going on for 2 months!

True pure unlimited downloads at a flat rate with no capping!

Not sure about next month, there is speculation that capping will finally kick in.. but if it doesn't download download download!

Lill, you can still go on a download spree for like 3 days! no harm!

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
I've got telstra broadband cable.....i've been dl-ing a lot actually, i changed to Tesltra on the 3rd of Feb.....

Any way i share the cable internet btwn 2 comps at home like a network thing...connected by a router. The comp man who did it for me said "dun tell telstra or they'll make u pay for the extra comp" ...like $1 a month or smthng.....
Prob for me is ever since i got the net wif telstra i could never access the "my account--my usage" stuff, so i dunno how much i dl.....they ask 4 ur username and password but then it says they're unavailable for some reason.....dunno if its cos of the 2nd comp??

Panda Bear

HSC
routers cause alot of problems with the broadband thing...

so that could be the problem

I juust pay the extra $1 coz i get me own email account and i can log on myself :)

so yeah.. boils down to whether you want to pay and extra $1 or mess around!

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
Yeah, I'd rather pay the $1 than what I have now actually...but how will i get it so both comps have cable?....I heard telstra doesn't do the "cable for 2 computers" thing....and that u gotta do it urself or call someone else to do it 4 u, not telstra....so i did that and the man installed a router which caused so many probs.

What do i do? Call up telstra and ask for a 2nd comp connection?
thnx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)