• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Subject Selection (1 Viewer)

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Rite all you macquarie wankers i need some help regarding subject selection.

Firstly i am doing applied finance + accounting,
now for first year i need a comp or isys subject - so recommend me one
then i wondering whether to do accg100 or accg105- so tell me which one to do and why?

i think thats it.

thank you wankers,

HSC
N/A
HotShot said:

then i wondering whether to do accg100 or accg105- so tell me which one to do and why?

i think thats it.

thank you wankers,
I doubt anyone will bother to help someone who calls his fellow MQers wankers.

Of course on the bright side, if he acts like this in Uni it'll be reasonably easy to pick him out...

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
i dont know what to make of it.

humorous? but i missed any wit. i dont care about you being rude, but make it funny when asking a genuine question.

i have answers to your questions, but you can get fucked.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
redruM said:

humorous? but i missed any wit. i dont care about you being rude, but make it funny when asking a genuine question.

well it would be nice if you could help me out?pls , its no tlike i am asking for anything really big and expensive?

oh and there is nothing worng about being a wanker or is there?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
HotShot said:

i think thats it.

thank you wankers,

Congratulations i hope you get hit by a bus on the way to uni.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
HotShot said:
well it would be nice if you could help me out?pls , its no tlike i am asking for anything really big and expensive?

oh and there is nothing worng about being a wanker or is there?
there definately is.

(this isn't ns)

*wanks*

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
redruM said:

as do i...but I agree, HotShot get you're attitude sorted out...

HotShot

-_-
HSC
i got attitude problems ok, dont discriminate me just cos i have issues. anyway so noone offering any help? pls? u know i ask kindly..

wkr

Smokin'Squirrel

Learning to Surf
HSC
This is what gets dragged into the uni's when they lower the UAI cut-offs...

Asy... that picture... I was literally rolling around on the floor laughing...

Hotshot... uni is going to be long, difficult and especially lonely for you if you don't respect the people you're asking help from. I too choose to leave you to work this out on your own.

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
app fin and accg...u need to do both accg100 and 101
then, econ111 and 101
acst 101, stat170, isys123 and econ141

4 each semester :p

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
HotShot said:
i got attitude problems ok, dont discriminate me just cos i have issues. anyway so noone offering any help? pls? u know i ask kindly..

wkr
discrimination against people with attitude problems? re-read that again. something doesnt sit right.

oh and we are helping, all this is called negative re-inforcement. one of the four types in the reinforcement theory, which you will learn in management accounting.

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
People aren't going to go out of their way to help you if you ask like that. If you had asked normally, not like a twelve year old who's snuck onto his brother's computer , I'm sure there would be a page of helpful answers to your question instead of a page of posts telling you you're a tool.

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Have you accepted your offer yet, HotShot?

(...if only the 'devil' smiley worked. Perfectly indicates my thoughts.)

Last edited:

Tabris

HSC
If u want to be a good CPA accountant u need good interpersonal skills, and if u cant be courteous then we cant help u, but since u copped enough trouble i'll give u a few tips.

If u havent done any accounting do 105, if u have, do 100, the difficulty difference between these two units is quite big (no GST in 105 last year). accg100 failure rate is around 30% and can get very tricky and tedious.

ACCG101 is an extension of 100, it can get quite difficult and the journal entries and "how to's" get very long. But if u applied yourself it shouldnt be a problem.

ISYS123 or COMP? choose ISYS123, one of the easiest subjects there is, havent even touched the textbook, just think HSC IPT, except they mark heaps easy. If u are an experienced excel, access and word user, it should be no problem. Enormous amount of content with a few *insert Frank Moisade's voice* IMPORTANT concepts.

Half of first year units for applied finance and accounting is number crunching and interpretation, whether it is crunching it like violet crumble or trying to digest some expired chocalate like accounting for shares and calls. The chocalate also loses its flavour in ACST101, where ur finger's go "pavlovian" on u when u see an annuity questions.

Make sme good friends at uni, sounds like u need some, u got a bit of anto-scoial behaviour there. It can be a great experience in life or can be a very lonely experience.

Last edited:

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Tabris said:
If u want to be a good CPA accountant u need good interpersonal skills, and if u cant be courteous then we cant help u, but since u copped enough trouble i'll give u a few tips.

If u havent done any accounting do 105, if u have, do 100, the difficulty difference between these two units is quite big (no GST in 105 last year). accg100 failure rate is around 30% and can get very tricky and tedious.

ACCG101 is an extension of 100, it can get quite difficult and the journal entries and "how to's" get very long. But if u applied yourself it shouldnt be a problem.

ISYS123 or COMP? choose ISYS123, one of the easiest subjects there is, havent even touched the textbook, just think HSC IPT, except they mark heaps easy. If u are an experienced excel, access and word user, it should be no problem. Enormous amount of content with a few *insert Frank Moisade's voice* IMPORTANT concepts.

Half of first year units for applied finance and accounting is number crunching and interpretation, whether it is crunching it like violet crumble or trying to digest some expired chocalate like accounting for shares and calls. The chocalate also loses its flavour in ACST101, where ur finger's go "pavlovian" on u when u see an annuity questions.

Make sme good friends at uni, sounds like u need some, u got a bit of anto-scoial behaviour there. It can be a great experience in life or can be a very lonely experience.
ok thanks, "If u havent done any accounting do 105, if u have, do 100"- i came straight out of high school, so how do people do accounting before hand? but anyway i havent done accounting before so i will do accg105. thank you.
but with accg105 there is a problem- it only available on D2/E2, and accg101 is avaiable both semesters, does this mean i have to do accg105 and accg101 at the same time?

accg105-weekly assignments - wtf? it seems harder?
k i will choose isys123, should i do the easier stat170 or the more difficult stat171-does it make any diff?
thnks

Tabris

HSC
I have never done accounting before only touched abit of it in HSC business.

Now Accg100 and accg101 is bearable if u apply yourself, i suggest u do those, an accg100 student can adapt more easily to accg101 than an accg105 student. Since u r doing B com accounting, i suggest u do accg100, yes its harder, but u need the experience. The weekly assignments are not assignments, they are homework, u read the chapter makes some notes and u have to do around 6-8questions ranging from easy to "pull out your hair in frustration" questions". They will usually be cheked and whether u can do those questions or not is a good measure of your understanding in accounting.

STAT170 is the way to go, STAT171 is for actuaries and hardcore statisticians and those who made the mistake of not choosing stat170. Assignments are easy and concepts easy to grasp. Easy homework and heaps of "free lunch" marks on quizzes.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Tabris said:
I have never done accounting before only touched abit of it in HSC business.

Now Accg100 and accg101 is bearable if u apply yourself, i suggest u do those, an accg100 student can adapt more easily to accg101 than an accg105 student. Since u r doing B com accounting, i suggest u do accg100, yes its harder, but u need the experience. The weekly assignments are not assignments, they are homework, u read the chapter makes some notes and u have to do around 6-8questions ranging from easy to "pull out your hair in frustration" questions". They will usually be cheked and whether u can do those questions or not is a good measure of your understanding in accounting.

STAT170 is the way to go, STAT171 is for actuaries and hardcore statisticians and those who made the mistake of not choosing stat170. Assignments are easy and concepts easy to grasp. Easy homework and heaps of "free lunch" marks on quizzes.
ok so this wat i will be doing then :
stat170
econ110
accg100
econ141
econ111
accg101
acst101
isys123
k another question, tutorials? what do u do in them? as for timetabling, they suggested put it after a lecture gud idea?

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Sweet_Lemon said:
Aren't u suppose to do accg100 and 101 if u majoring in Accg?
i am!

ok so this wat i will be doing then :
stat170
econ110
accg100
econ141
econ111
accg101
acst101
isys123
also should tuts be after lectures, and when should i have practicals?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)