• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Private Schools (2 Viewers)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
is that MLC? cause MLC is newington's sister school or whatever right?

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
champ_sammy_19 said:
Nope, my ex eng teacher teaches at chats high, Iam going there though at the end of the yr though. Why do u ask?
nah nothing just u had a pic of chats high
my bad my bad

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
okay you gotta tell me does this version of private mean actual private schools or catholic schools cos there is a big difference. I went to a catholic school and there were some people who were well off and those who werent. We bought 2 new buildings for the school (well sorta took part of the old boys school) 1 which was the admin building and the otehr ther design and tech /drama /music/ computers/ hospitality / textiles building.
so yeah i think that there are various types of private schools...some ARE extremely loaded. If u live i dont know where the private schools are -say harbour wise obviously there has to be some $$ in there. It doesnt make a difference in marks cos as someone said on pg 1 or 2 its the work that is put into it

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
glycerine said:
is that MLC? cause MLC is newington's sister school or whatever right?
MLC is Newingtons sister school
But PLC (Sydney)(My school) goes to alot of their functions cos they are close (close like distance).
Like in year 6 we had to write letters in french to them D:
Anyways our brother school its SCOTS or some random school. Not too sure.

Last edited:

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
private schools are really strict aint they? cause i know ppls from syd adv college or parra marist wasnt too sure well one of them do sat morning detentions
i would hate to be in that situation

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
HSC_sUcKsSsS said:
private schools are really strict aint they? cause i know ppls from syd adv college or parra marist wasnt too sure well one of them do sat morning detentions
i would hate to be in that situation
:eek: That would really suck!!!!:(

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
HSC_sUcKsSsS said:
yeh and also if u dont go u get two instead of one :(
Trinty had something like that. you had to dress in full school uniform and pick up rubbish on Saturday. Sucks to have one of them.
I'm really talkative in class but I have not had one detention. The teachers Ive had havent ever been too strict. But some are 'If you dont hand in your homework a certain amount of times.. blah blah blah'

stainmepink

HSC
jebbie said:
Trinty had something like that. you had to dress in full school uniform and pick up rubbish on Saturday. Sucks to have one of them.
I'm really talkative in class but I have not had one detention. The teachers Ive had havent ever been too strict. But some are 'If you dont hand in your homework a certain amount of times.. blah blah blah'

OMG HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

hahahah .. oh omg .. haha ... thats hilliarious! *dies from laughing*
fortunately i go to a public school where this sort of shit doesnt happen.

Cab31

HSC
gobaby said:
OMG HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

hahahah .. oh omg .. haha ... thats hilliarious! *dies from laughing*
fortunately i go to a public school where this sort of shit doesnt happen.
yeah public schools rock coz you dont have to do any of that crappy stuff on saturdays. Sport on saturdays for school...dream on! I was running out of school on fridays and sure as hell wasnt running back on saturday!

I am glad i went to a public school - my whole high school education cost like about $1500 at the most and i got a UAI that was a hell of a lot better than friends of mine who went to some private schools. But if people want to spend their money on education at private schools thats their choice. For some people its more about knowing their kids are going to a school where some high standards of behaviour are enforced - and that can mean a lot for people who dont necisarily want to go to uni or anything.

A

assman

public school ..
wow. that SURE IS a great thing to be proud of ...
i'll see you in centrelink "gobaby".

well "fortunately" people like me go to an elite private school, where we are surrounded by people who can actually speak fluent english beleve it or not. Also, we have more manners than people of your kind.

A

assman

may i also add Cab31 that being at a mere public school is not something to be proud of.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cab31

HSC
assman said:
public school ..
wow. that SURE IS a great thing to be proud of ...
i'll see you in centrelink "gobaby".

well "fortunately" people like me go to an elite private school, where we are surrounded by people who can actually speak fluent english beleve it or not. Also, we have more manners than people of your kind.
Excuse me but since when has what your parents acheived been anything of an indication of who you are as a person or what you can acheive. I work hard for my marks because i want to have a good job and be happy in my life. What my parents earn isnt an indication of what kind of manners i have, or how successful i am going to be. I was proud of the school i was at because i was at a selective school - which is more than what you can say about most private schools. I earnt my way into the school i was at - which is less than what you can say about many private schools. In future maybe you should display some of your so called 'manners' and not degrade people whose family isn't as financially successful as yours. Perhaps you should consider your own acheivements as something to be proud of as opposed to what school you go to - which is not an acheivement at all.

I am not 'proud of going to my mere public school', i am proud of what i have acheived in my life so far. Your private school 'manners' appear to be nothing less than arrogant ignorance of what people should really be proud of.

stainmepink

HSC
*yawn* my god get over yourself assman. im not going to bother at all actually, because chances are, with an attitude like that your the one whos going to end up on a park bench. and oh, i think "beleve" is spelled "believe". im so glad that you can speak "fluent english" and spell as well. pfft.

mattsta

hahaha
HSC
THIS IS MY OPINION:

I recognise catholic schools as psudo-government schools. They are pretty much the same (except for the type of uniform they wear). These schools aren't rich, and yes they may have a swimming pool and tennis courts, but so do some Government schools in QLD.

I recognise ANGLICAN schools as the elitist, snobby, ass licking type. The students that attend these schools are snobby, rich, daddy hands me everything on a silver platter, we're better than everyone (even though the final statewide marks say different) type.

Well, this was my non politically correct opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)