• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Private Schools (1 Viewer)

alessandra

HSC
it is true that we get the best holidays, right now i haev 3 weeks off and 2 weeks ago i had a week off. i also think we have smaller classes (but i might be wrong) my largest class is english adv and its liek 20 people most of my classes have 6-10 people which is great!

s0k0y0e0

HSC
HSC_sUcKsSsS said:
People who go there, are they loaded? Discuss.
I don't go to a private school personally, but do know a lot of people who do!
And the majority of them aren't loaded; most of them just have parents who are insecure and so worried about what people think of them and their status, that they scrape around to find enough money to send their kids to a private school just so they can say to someone; "well my child goes to a private school!".

I obviously know a lot of snobs! Hey I do come from that kind of area...he he :p

Hey...each to their own; it's their money, they can do what they like with it! :uhhuh:

HSC
Not everyone who goes to a private school is loaded. I went to a private school for most of my life and alot of my friends parents struggled to pay the school fees and worked very hard to be able to afford to pay the fees.

So no, I dont think every person who goes to a private school is loaded

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
[[Quote: However, there are differences, my public school friends happily swear at the teachers, and the teachers give as good as they get, things like that. ]]

Give as good as they get ?? we do ???
We have to put up with many forms of physical and verbal abuse - kids swearing, spitting at us, at some schools the threat of knives, those kids who find out your home address and throw cartons of eggs in your swimming pool, that kid up in the back corner masturbating whose mother thinks he is an angel and the teachers pick on him...
Basically kids who would be expelled in the private system within the first week, that due to huge paperwork wars can "survive" in the public system for years.
Large class sizes, minimal resources *sigh*

[[Quote: Private schools, force me to go to school and also i am now more motivated to do work and achieve my goals.]]
what a shame that cant happen at public schools - its just a mind set, an attitude - if every student had that the educational system would be a very different place
:(

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
I went to public school (my mum wanted private but they couldn't facilitate my needs) Not all 'public' schools are relaxed so to speak. Both the primay & High school I went to their standards were very strict and high, particularly the high school I went to.
The staff there are very piky on student dress standards, attendance, etc and look at you from every angle.
My sister who is still at that school this year says that the standards are even stricter this year and believe me my parents are busting their guts to put the appropriate uniform on my sisters back and cover her school fees. Alot of ppl mistake Lithgow High for a private school. At the end of the day it comes down to how the schools put themselves across, because I believe that 'public' schools can match it with the 'private' schools.
Most of the time it felt as though I was at a private school because everyone was so strict there and had very high expectations. So public can be just as good. ;)

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
my dads friend sent his daughter to a private school in a beat up used car, the next month they changed, couldn't afford to. Especially parked between those mercedes and bmw's.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
amoz_lilo said:
my dads friend sent his daughter to a private school in a beat up used car, the next month they changed, couldn't afford to. Especially parked between those mercedes and bmw's.
Honestly, I don't think private schools are all of what they're cracked to be. Can just be another platform for ppl to show off just how much money they do have. I undrrstand that families do work their butt off to send their kids off to the 'best' school, but I say again it's not always what it's cracked up to be.

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
champ_sammy_19 am guessing Lithgow High has a very committed principal ?? supported by good deputies ??

cause no matter how good the teaching staff is without a strong executive even private schools would suffer. Its just in private system they would be employed on merit and only keep their jobs by constantly proving themselves to be efficient managers - unfortunately thats NOT the case in the public system.
And thats where it all starts to fall apart...

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
I go to a public school.
I do agree that it doesn't really matter which school you're at, its your attitude and commitment. However, that being said, I think how school needs a little more funding because we have pretty poor chemistry equipment.
Most teachers are really supportive though!

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
Lwaxana said:
champ_sammy_19 am guessing Lithgow High has a very committed principal ?? supported by good deputies ??
Yeh Lithgow High has a very strict principal & with that very strict deputies. The DP for management is the one who along with the principal very strict on uniform standards and school rep, etc. Her last school was a private school so yeah it says heaps, but I'm glad I went to a school that could match it with the private schools. It taught me alot ;)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
sorta related, fuck i found it so amazing that some group of kids in yr 10 or something at my brother's school (newington) had a big party and trashed some guy's house and the principal sent a letter home to every parent lecturing about setting boundaries etc. that would not happen at my school.

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
glycerine said:
sorta related, fuck i found it so amazing that some group of kids in yr 10 or something at my brother's school (newington) had a big party and trashed some guy's house and the principal sent a letter home to every parent lecturing about setting boundaries etc. that would not happen at my school.
That reminded me of this time a few girls at my school (in younger years) got drunk before going to like a year 9 Newington dance. They traced the girls back to our school and our school punished them in some way because it wasnt good enough behaviour for students attending our school. Private schools do trippy things like that.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
hahaha, well if we showed up to a school dance drunk/with alcohol we might be punished, i know some guys in yr 12 last yr got suspended and couldn't see their final assembly cause they were drinking on school grounds, but there's no way they'd send letters home abt discipline etc to the whole school. the newington letter had some warning about guys over 18 who drank and acted stupid risked expulsion as well

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
glycerine said:
hahaha, well if we showed up to a school dance drunk/with alcohol we might be punished
It wasn't even /our/ school dance though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)