• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Important - Please Read (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
jhakka said:
Justin encourages Alan to give Jeans West a call and find out what's going on. If anything, it will show them that Alan is keen to work.
Alan was specifically told not to call. If he happens to be by the office soon, he will pop in and question as to the status of his application.

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
ujuphleg said:
Susan wishes Amber a belated good luck and hope that her interview went well.

So far for meet up -
Susan, yes.
Lynn, yes.
Marcus, yes.
Alan, yes.
Justin, maybe.
Katie, maybe.
Amber, probably not (although Susan thinks that Alan had said yes on the proviso that Amber said yes)
That is indeed true. Alan will not be attending unless Justin, Katie and Amber attend.

SEE WHAT YOURE DOING!?!?!?

J

jhakka

Llyrai said:
Alan was specifically told not to call. If he happens to be by the office soon, he will pop in and question as to the status of his application.
Justin thinks that being not told to call is just rude. He thinks that if they plan on not giving a job, they should at least let a person know.

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
Katie is sorry she cannot give a definate answer about the meetup but she really needs to work and often gets called to take shifts as late as 2 hours before she needs to start work. This is generally ok as she only lives about a ten minute walk from her work. She needs to take all the shifts she can get as she has no money for christmas or her sisters birthday. She will however, endeavour to attend the meetup as she really really wants to see everyone and give everyone bear hugs!!

J

jhakka

Justin would like to point out that this does not have to be the only meetup, and that nothing is preventing one later on after uni starts or something.

HSC
N/A
Lynn will ensure that there will be a get-together - even if it is just Lynn and Marcus - before Uni starts :D :p

J

jhakka

Justin is rather pissed off at the moment. He got the "Thanks for coming, but we don't want you" letter from Angus and Robertson. :(

hotcocoababe

Sexiest BoS Member
I'm up there.... somewhere... gently floating abou
HSC
Amber is terribly flattered from all the 'good luck!' s she recieved prior to her interview. She would like to report that, although told that only 30% of the applicants for her course are successful, Amber has a sneaking suspicion that she just maaaaay have nailed it :D The professors who interviewed her seemed very impressed and kept nodding and grinning and making encouraging noises, where the girl before me told me that throughout hers they sat stony faced and look skeptical. Only scary thing that happened was that the following -

Professor - "So Amber, tell me some of the texts you studied at school this year."
Amber - "Oh, for Advanced English we did Antony and Cleopatra, Lionheart, Gwen Harwood and Emma/Clueless."
Professor - "Out of those, did you find yourself having problems with any?"
Amber - "Yes, I really didn't enjoy Antony and Cleopatra" (probably because I didn't read it :eek:)
Professor - "Good, lets talk about it then."
*Amber looks terribly worried and her eyes dart towards the door in sudden nervous tension*
Amber - "Uh......errrr...(stutter stutter)..... ok...."

Apart from that, the other 20minutes seemed to go well, particularly when I talked about my own work and writing styles - "I seem to find that I currently transverse many genres through my writing, as I am still settling upon a particular style of my own." *nod nod encouraging grin* etc etc. Let's just hope that I got in :D and If I didn't I'm actually not too fussed, cuz that means I get to work all next year and have time off/fun before going to Uni (which was my original plan all along). Either way, I'm not too worried :D

Amber feels very sorry for Justin, and pats him on the shoulder. *There there Justin, Amber still loves you :D* Amber recounts a funny incident involving her best friend, who recently tried out for two jobs at a Newsagents and Mathers Shoes. Mathers rang her first and announced that the best friend had got the job. However, the best friend was so utterly convinced that she had landed the Newsagents job that she turned Mather's down. Funnily enough, Newsagents rang best friend the next day to tell her that unfortunately, she had not got the job. Luckily, best friend rang Mather's back, begged, and is subsequently getting inducted there on thursday... *phew!*

Amber thanks Alan for his faithfulness and loyalty, however announces that she will not be attending the meet up :( She is free only on monday and feels that the journey will not be possible for her :( Amber apologises profusely and cries in the corner....

:(

J

jhakka

Justin would like to state that his disconnection from the I-PR MSN chat was not deliberate, and that Bigpond disconnected him and would not let him back online. "Sorry guys."

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
jhakka said:
Justin would like to state that his disconnection from the I-PR MSN chat was not deliberate, and that Bigpond disconnected him and would not let him back online. "Sorry guys."
Alan will decline the apology, and will deckslap Justin for his untolerable behaviour. (Thats right, any excuse will do :p)

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Susan queries:

"Amber, do you really think we're THAT organised?!"

Susan doesn't think so..... :D

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
hotcocoababe said:
Amber is wondering the result of the aforementioned meet, as she was unfortunately forced to leave prematurely. Was a day/time/location settled upon?

:D
Unfortunantly no. We decided (rather, we discovered) that attaining all participants of IPR was a bit difficult. And although a semi meet up is possible, Alan, and he is sure others in IPR, would much rather prefer a complete meet up of participants.

HSC
N/A
Lynn urges Nick1048 not to worry very much. Lynn's proposal was done in half an hour the night before it was due, and it really did not have much of a bearing on the rest of the year at all.

Lynn feels that EE2 assessments should not cause very much stress, for after all, it is (in her opinion) that they are merely formalities. The REAL thing to worry, love, stress, sweat, panic, brood and generally go crazy over, is the major work itself.

Lynn also wishes to add that so long as you have a strong grasp of what you are doing and/or how/what you want to do/express/raise up etc, then you will be fine. If you don't, like the majority of people will, then put to use all the wonderful fudging and waffling talents you have honed in Eng Adv and EE1.

:D

PS: If Nick1048 is absolutely going nuts over his proposal and wishes for someone to look it over just for the sake of having it looked over, nick is more than welcome to email it to Lynn. If email is not possible, then feel free to pm it to her and she will do her best to get it back to Nick1048 ASAP.

tRiXsTa

HSC
Renee's just wondering what could possibly have posessed everyone into talking in third person....when read by, yes you've guessed it, another 'third' person (a real one ) this mass of randomness (aka conversations) is currently quite amusing ... mainly due to the conformity (ha i did learn something!!) of third person'ness (yes its a real word!! :)

(ok so maybe everything Renee has written is ... realatively unrealevent...but what can i say i was bored !!)

HSC
N/A
Lynn admits to not really remembering why members of Important - Please Read began talking in third person, particularly as we have been talking in third person for a long, long time now (see number of pages).

She does however, suggest avoidance of the word "irrelevant" as Tim (or is it Thomas? Keep getting them mixed up! :'( ) will bite you.

J

jhakka

Justin informs Lynn that she was the one who started the third person trend by commenting on work or food or something. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)