• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Important - Please Read (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
Sometimes Marcus hates it, but he also realises that it serves a legitimate purpose. It's supposed to be an anti-spam device.

HSC
N/A
It is indeed.

Lynn is currently reading a reworking of "The Goose Girl" and wants to kill the chambermaid.

Lynn does appreciate... darker fairy stories, but sometimes she really appreciates the sugar-coated versions that always ensure that the goodies always triumph over the baddies.

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
glitterfairy said:
It is indeed.

Lynn is currently reading a reworking of "The Goose Girl" and wants to kill the chambermaid.

Lynn does appreciate... darker fairy stories, but sometimes she really appreciates the sugar-coated versions that always ensure that the goodies always triumph over the baddies.
Marcus agrees. What's sacred, if not a fairy story? :p

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
goldendawn said:
Sometimes Marcus hates it, but he also realises that it serves a legitimate purpose. It's supposed to be an anti-spam device.
"Anti-spam??? This ENTIRE thread would be considered spam, wouldnt it? Well, minus bits and peices, but considering this whole thread started up on the topic of irrelevancy..."

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
Marcus should be going to bed soon...

He actually cleaned his room today and got rid of all his old notes. Sleeping in his own bedroom should be more bearable for him tonight...

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
Marcus thinks that we should revert back to first person soon. And then after a while return to third.

HSC
N/A
Llyrai said:
"Anti-spam??? This ENTIRE thread would be considered spam, wouldnt it? Well, minus bits and peices, but considering this whole thread started up on the topic of irrelevancy..."
Lynn supposes that it could be, however it has been mentioned numerous times that we do, in fact, use this thread for more than merely idle conversation. Secondly, since we write so well, it would be such a shame to see our beautiful words taken away.

HSC
N/A
goldendawn said:
Marcus thinks that we should revert back to first person soon. And then after a while return to third.
Lynn fears that a reversal to first-person narration would lead too quickly into an msn-style conversation. Lynn personally feels that the third person narration has become something of a symbol, a personal quirk, a definative style.

She does, however, dare anyone to write in second-person-narration :p

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
You believe that Marcus is very tired. You think Marcus should be going to bed. He addresses you - He says: "Goodnight! Happy second person-ing!"

Last edited:

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
Marcus bows humbly. He has made corrections to his second person narration. He has been a little out of practise with second person lately.

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
To Susan: I just finished reading your major work, and I thought it had some strong parts to it, even though it took me a while to understand the conventions of the script and what it included and what it didnt.

The few criticisms I have are quite minor. One, is that alot of the themes are made quite obvious. But i have to say this probably would be required, as I wonder how many of the markers ARE asian, and understand the whole culture/generational clash. To me, being a asian-Australian, I'd say they were obvious, but like i said... Secondly, it feels like i was watching a midday 30min length episode of some Australian show. I confess that I have a bias towards midday programs LOL. And finally, i couldnt relate to the school setting. Felt like Home and Away or something to me. But then again, I go to a disadvantaged school with 95% of its population from other cultures and nations, and in fact, im sure I only have 2 Australian students in my grade.

But other than that, i thought it was good. Alot, if not ALL of the scenes between Mrs Choi and Lydia were familiar to me. The dialogue was neat and clear, as were the camera angles and directions (I could picture it perfectly!). So yeah, a very nice major work. Neat!

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
Alan agrees that second person is difficult. But he thinks you all at Important - Please Read can handle it.

HSC
N/A
Lynn has not used second-person narration in a long time, although was thinking about it the other day.

Lynn feels that the use of third-person narration has been very entertaining and very educational. It has, in a small way, allowed Lynn to objectively analyse the way her friends write.

Lynn still resists a shift to first-person narration. She has fears for what it might lead to.

EDIT: Lynn wonders the cause for such a long silence.

Last edited:

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
Alan thought it was because of Alan's net lag, and didnt realise it was a silence!
Often, Alan would refresh, and see no new posts, only to refresh again to find six or seven posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)