• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Half yearly marks and ranks + thoughts (1 Viewer)

bored6

HSC
elseany said:
lol you guys suck, you all have awesome marks/ranks and you're all whinging. grow some balls the lot of you.

my marks aren't as good as anyone's in this thread but im like soo proud of myself, haha cant wait to get my report and milk some cash off the parents :)
Some people here, such as myself, actucally need Rank 1 or 2 in each subject due to the shit factor of the school - so when we get lower then expected, what you think are "awesome marks / ranks", then yes, we do have a right to whinge.

:santa:

elseany

HSC
lol regardless of how smart you are or waht school you go to, i dont think you should have expectations to come first.

by all means strive to come first and work hard and aim high and all that shit, but when it becomes an expectation thats just sad because when you do come first it wont be an achievement and you wont necessary be pleased with your result.

i think its a tad egoistical... but thats just me :p

-pari-

HSC
N/A
^ yeah, it kinda looks like that on the outside, but then you gtta remember this is all being done for a UAI, and some people actually do need to get those ranks to get their desired/required UAI...

it's all relative :)

-pari-

HSC
N/A
^ yeah, it kinda looks like that on the outside, but then you gtta remember this is all being done for a UAI, and some people actually do need to get those ranks to get their desired/required UAI...

it's all relative :)

bmwz4

HSC
elseany said:
lol regardless of how smart you are or waht school you go to, i dont think you should have expectations to come first.

by all means strive to come first and work hard and aim high and all that shit, but when it becomes an expectation thats just sad because when you do come first it wont be an achievement and you wont necessary be pleased with your result.

i think its a tad egoistical... but thats just me :p
I dont get excited anymore if i come first. Its just a prerequisite now...however i dont see myself as egocentric.

Last edited:

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
bmwz4 said:
I dont get excited anymore if i come first. Its just a prerequisite now...however i dont see myself as egocentric.
Aww dammit, i wish i was coming first. :p

noobsgetowned

HSC
Say your at a crappy school and like in each class theres 6 people. Would the ranks still matter alot? How would BOS sort it out?

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
I'm failed badly......
I know you all will say I have to study more and actually that's true because I didn't study properly,but where the energy to study if I knew that I have to catch up with my failure? :(

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Got back a few.

92% for 2U Maths - 6th or so for the exam, 2nd overall (by 1%, grr)
51% for 3U Maths (passed, w00t! + above average and median) - not sure for the exam, 9th overall (seems like no matter what I do my rank will not change, I've been sitting at 9th for 3 assessment tasks and I even got 100% for the last one). Need to get a lot better though, I was going fairly well in the 3U tasks till this one.
89% for Business - 2nd for the exam (by 1% again!), 2nd overall (aargh). Bit disappointed, but I can't really complain.
95% for Music - 1st for exam, ? overall

And now I get back the ones I was worried about.

Uh oh.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
elseany said:
lol you guys suck, you all have awesome marks/ranks and you're all whinging. grow some balls the lot of you.

my marks aren't as good as anyone's in this thread but im like soo proud of myself, haha cant wait to get my report and milk some cash of the parents :)
Your marks were better than mine.

jaaaaay

HSC
noobsgetowned said:
Say your at a crappy school and like in each class theres 6 people. Would the ranks still matter alot? How would BOS sort it out?
your rank still matters, but the BOS also ranks where your WHOLE school is in the state.

say in the external exam, everyone in your grade did really bad compared to the state... even if you are ranked 1st, you could be put behind someone who came last in a school where all the students generally did much better.

likewise, if everyone in your grade did overall very well compared to the rest of the state, and you ranked very badly at your school... you will still be put infront of many others...

i think thats how they work out your school assessed exams...

sorry if my explanation isn't so clear... im tired -.-"

btw sam, STOP SPAMMING =P

Last edited:

zangetsu.xo

BANGSAT LOOO
anywhere with a bowl of rice and chopsticks in han
HSC
oh oh just found out im equal 3rd in jap continuers!! you dont understand, i never get that kind of ranking!!!
and and FINALLY got back my jap extension... 18/25. fourth. out of four. well SOMEONE'S gotta come last and i guess im ready to make that kinda sacrifice :p

:wave: jay! im watching leehom in taiwan again :D

Last edited:

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
noobsgetowned said:
HSC assessment marks are calculated by a process called moderation, and the HSC exam mark is what you get in the exam for that subject. Your rank, as well as the gaps in marks between ranks, will determine what HSC assessment mark you'll get, and these results are based on the performance of your subject cohort in your school in that particular subject. I believe the system works the same for all classes until you get to a subject cohort size under 5, which would alter results, but I don't know too much about that.

jaaaaay

HSC
arryn: really? again? haha you have so much time... but that concert is REALLY good xD

i am not pleased with any of my marks... -.-" physics was OKAY i guess... but im waiting for the beloved report... oh and of course i LOVE parent teacher interviews ><"

SoulSearcher said:
HSC assessment marks are calculated by a process called moderation, and the HSC exam mark is what you get in the exam for that subject. Your rank, as well as the gaps in marks between ranks, will determine what HSC assessment mark you'll get, and these results are based on the performance of your subject cohort in your school in that particular subject. I believe the system works the same for all classes until you get to a subject cohort size under 5, which would alter results, but I don't know too much about that.
thanks for making me look bad with such a clear explanation -.-"

haha... i need more sleep!

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
jaaaaay said:
arryn: really? again? haha you have so much time... but that concert is REALLY good xD

i am not pleased with any of my marks... -.-" physics was OKAY i guess... but im waiting for the beloved report... oh and of course i LOVE parent teacher interviews ><"

thanks for making me look bad with such a clear explanation -.-"

haha... i need more sleep!
Lol, i hate repors too. Don't worry about the interviews, cause even if you aren't doing good in a certain subject, the teacher will say that you have "potential" to do well, so its all good.

zangetsu.xo

BANGSAT LOOO
anywhere with a bowl of rice and chopsticks in han
HSC
jaaaaay said:

well not really its kinda playing in the background... i LOVE that concert!!!
*downloads all of the songs from his concert*
GAI SHI YING XIONG DAU LAIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
elseany said:

my marks aren't as good as anyone's in this thread but im like soo proud of myself, haha cant wait to get my report and milk some cash of the parents :)
uh huh,
sure Mr. i-beat-40-JR-prior-4Umath-kids!

ahaha!
grow some balls and stop milking from the parents!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)