• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

General UTS chit-chat (3 Viewers)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Re: The UTS 'Secks and Start of Autumn Semester' Thread

krayzie_ said:
leeett nah i get whats goin on n shit jus sometimes the formulas are confusin, i got the 2nd edition and its sooo shit!!! i need to get a newer version but its all booked outr and on loan etc.

lets start a drinking group. :D
haha yeah just use it for the time being, and if theres a newer version, just borrow that...im sure you can keep renewing, just at least noone reserved it
i like that idea....lets go drinking before chem and just get smashed bahahaha

LostAuzzie said:
Hehe yeh.
We should set aside some time on wednesday to revise everything we need for this weeks chem quiz, I dont think it will be too much of a problem though
yeah, im just going to focus on chem until wed...even though its part of the 20% lab component, ill still need to do good just like you :)
just revise solubility rules and you should be fine....or you can memorise the answers for lab 1 and lab 2 :D

LostAuzzie

HSC

jemsta said:
yeah, im just going to focus on chem until wed...even though its part of the 20% lab component, ill still need to do good just like you :)
just revise solubility rules and you should be fine....or you can memorise the answers for lab 1 and lab 2 :D
Im not worried, the quiz is just basic chem, ill just have to do a bit to remember the solubility rules

krayzie_

HSC

jemsta said:
haha yeah just use it for the time being, and if theres a newer version, just borrow that...im sure you can keep renewing, just at least noone reserved it
i like that idea....lets go drinking before chem and just get smashed bahahaha

hahah those newer books are always wanted by everyone so i doubt i'll be able to keep it for long.. planning to buy the 5th edition from textbook exchange! lol only 40 -50 bux
yes lets have a ddrink upp but nott before chem o_O! haha, lets drink in chem hahah.. drink the 95% ethanol

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

LostAuzzie said:
Im not worried, the quiz is just basic chem, ill just have to do a bit to remember the solubility rules
im worried :|
i wonder when we can actually get the assessment sheet for the med sci research prac....im guesing it wont take as long as i thought

krayzie_ said:
hahah those newer books are always wanted by everyone so i doubt i'll be able to keep it for long.. planning to buy the 5th edition from textbook exchange! lol only 40 -50 bux
yes lets have a ddrink upp but nott before chem o_O! haha, lets drink in chem hahah.. drink the 95% ethanol
haha $50 is alright for a new edition of that book
haha getting drunk on ethanol?
what about methylated spirits huh?
:D

Last edited:

krayzie_

HSC

jemsta said:
im worried :|
i wonder when we can actually get the assessment sheet for the med sci research prac....im guesing it wont take as long as i thought

haha $50 is alright for a new edition of that book
haha getting drunk on ethanol?
what about methylated spirits huh?
:D
I'm worried too! lol, the med sci research should be available sooon.. my gf has done the assignment few yrs back she said it should be alright!

haha - nahhhh that shit is too hectixs!

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

rormonor said:
i partly blame accounting homework lol.. it gets boring very fast and theres so much to do and it takes soooo long to finish =(
It'll all be worth it. Trust me.
If you chose Option C, an easy 9-10 marks goes your way.

Also, when the mid-semester pre-release is out you will find that the questions that you did on the tutorial are similar to the questions you do in the mid-semester.

Last edited:

rormonor

HSC

Huratio said:
Also, when the mid-semester pre-release is out you will find that the questions that you did on the tutorial are similar to the questions you do in the mid-semester.
woot!!

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

Pre-release was good. I managed to prepare all 12 questions (6 theory and 6 practical) before the assessment, so it was all good.

rormonor

HSC

Huratio said:
Pre-release was good. I managed to prepare all 12 questions (6 theory and 6 practical) before the assessment, so it was all good.
do you think or know if the mid-semester exam ill be getting soon will follow the same format?

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

Musk said:
u business kids dont ever get anything hard :mad1:
The Accounting Final exam is certainly not easy.
Just because we get 12hour week doesnt mean we dont do work. Bloddy reading textbooks takes a chunk of your time which evens it up with the other faculties.

rormonor said:
do you think or know if the mid-semester exam ill be getting soon will follow the same format?
I have no idea if they changed it or not. I don't think so though - Jon Tyler likes the system and so do we (the students).

I can post last semester's pre-released paper here if you want?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

krayzie_ said:
I'm worried too! lol, the med sci research should be available sooon.. my gf has done the assignment few yrs back she said it should be alright!

haha - nahhhh that shit is too hectixs!
yeah i wonder how much work we gotta do for the assignment...i really hope we get something soon haha
are you and your gf doing the same med sci program outta curiousity?
i bludged all weekend :(

Musk said:
ive been reading tho these finance subjects (as everyone calls the devil major) and its just so easy, if i picked up the double degree i dont need to rock up for 1/2 of the classes and nail them all.
you think so?
ill prob either get a shit pass mark or fail, since most business subjects just bore the shit outta me, thus having no motivation in doing any business work what so ever
but its prob not as bad as engineering :p

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

LostAuzzie said:
I didnt do much better, all I got done was the notes on quantum theory
hahaha at least you did something :p
yes luckily weve done the mathematica lab coz seriously, i wouldnt be fucked if i had to do it tonight
guess ill just do some chem...post lab/pre lab work and study for the quiz :|

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

Musk said:
ive been reading tho these finance subjects (as everyone calls the devil major) and its just so easy, if i picked up the double degree i dont need to rock up for 1/2 of the classes and nail them all.
Try subjects from the schools of accounting, management, and economics.

Phyuk_Yiu

http://co.bos.error2-1337
HSC

Abstract. Our approuch to testing nonlinear population theory is to connect rigoroursly mathematical models with data by means of statistical methods for nonlinear time series.
You know your gonna have trouble researching an assignment when this is the opening line of an article.

krayzie_

HSC

jemsta said:
yeah i wonder how much work we gotta do for the assignment...i really hope we get something soon haha
are you and your gf doing the same med sci program outta curiousity?
i bludged all weekend :(

you think so?
ill prob either get a shit pass mark or fail, since most business subjects just bore the shit outta me, thus having no motivation in doing any business work what so ever
but its prob not as bad as engineering :p
I think it will be due in May so maybe not too soon!!
Yea we are both doing B.MedSci and both planning to do an internal transfer to B.Business/B.MedSci.
Once we finish that plan to do the MLLP program!
Me not so much, bloody typing up notes and remembering the Ni(OH)6 2 etc etc etc for wednesday.!

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

krayzie_ said:
I think it will be due in May so maybe not too soon!!
Yea we are both doing B.MedSci and both planning to do an internal transfer to B.Business/B.MedSci.
Once we finish that plan to do the MLLP program!
Me not so much, bloody typing up notes and remembering the Ni(OH)6 2 etc etc etc for wednesday.!
oh, so you wnna take up business by the end of the year?
yeah that sounds kinda good man, hope it all goes well
haha all those complex ions that we have to memoris by the next lab :D
gosh today felt soo good without med sci lab
if only it was like that for the rest of the semester :(
did you manage to find a copy of the stats book?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)