• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Foundation (1 Viewer)

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
yeah ive gone off vogue a bit cos ive 'discovered' mineral makeup and i only ever trawled the makeup/skincare forums on there anyway, and they dont talk much about mineral makeup. im going for more of a fresh faced natural look and have given MAC the flick. and ive got a new skincare range from my beautician now that no one on there talks about...so meh, it bores me now lol
oh well, i go back occasionally, but at least its saving me money.

HSC
I am planning to replace my online addiction to public forums with a passionate love of minesweeper.

Anyway, back to foundation.

Ms 12: I had no idea that people used pressed powder by itself, but it seems quite cost effective so i might check it out when my current bottle runs out. Which is approximately never. But thanks for the tip off.

monzi

HSC
----

I don't wear foundation. Even when I get a pimple, I don't conceal it I let it heal itself. I only wore foundation to my year 10 and 12 formal. MAC is fantastic that is what I used when I wore it. I use Covergirl tinted moisturiser I absolutely love it or Clinique Supercity Sunblock tinted.

I think I need to start applying concealer under my eyes but I don't want to make it obvious? Natstar how do you apply your concealer for that natural look? late night cramming is taking its toll.

fb07

HSC
slightly off topic .. but im about to get my formal makeup done at napoleon .. and reading some posts im now scared
should i change it? cancel the appointment?
where should i get it done .. in the city?

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
fb07 said:
slightly off topic .. but im about to get my formal makeup done at napoleon .. and reading some posts im now scared
should i change it? cancel the appointment?
where should i get it done .. in the city?
dont worry, they arent all that bad. i mean the makeup isnt of the ultimate quality and they can sometimes overdo the colour, but if you are stern with them about what you want, theyll have to listen.

you might like to take with you a picture of how you want your makeup to look so they cant just do whatever they want.

a friend of mine had her done at napoleon for a party, and she kept it pretty natural and basic.

good luck with it, and remember, if you arent happy, COMPLAIN! make them do it again. who cares if you look like a bitch, if youre paying for it then you deserve to get what you want.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
fb07, like Alleycat said, you should be ok if you are very direct with them as to what you want. I basically gave the girl free run of my face which was a bad bad idea. Make sure you specify exactly which colours they may and may not use on you, and keep an eye on what they are doing the whole time. If you don't like a colour or the way they have applied it, say so, because its your money and they have to provide the service you are paying for.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Ahhh the good old days of dancing... blue eyeshadow and red lipstick anyone? :p

I luv my Clinique and Bloom foundations; generally I use the former for night and the latter for day. The only issue with the Bloom one is that it can get a little oily if you don't have enough moisturisor on underneath it.

And yes: boooo to Napolean. I have some expensive masacara I bought from there and not only is it a bitch to apply, it takes ages to dry and smudges easily! Fuck that shit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)