• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Foundation (1 Viewer)

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
my sharona said:
I'm gonna ask you guys a question: What do you use to put your foundation on?
There's brushes, sponges, powder puffs or (of course) your fingers...

Vote now :p
I use a sponge:).What do you use?

HSC
I use my fingers.

I have brushes, but i never use them because i wear foundation less than once a month, and i'd have to wash the brushes and... yeah too much hassle.

I've never tried using a sponge, it looks exciting because of all the different shapes and sizes. I guess i'm just worried that the sponge will absorb too much of it, as well as bacteria breeding in the sponges. And i could never figure out whether you're supposed to wash sponges or throw them out.
Do they work well?
(Wow, that last paragraph was really disjointed.)

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
my sharona said:
I use my fingers.

I have brushes, but i never use them because i wear foundation less than once a month, and i'd have to wash the brushes and... yeah too much hassle.

I've never tried using a sponge, it looks exciting because of all the different shapes and sizes. I guess i'm just worried that the sponge will absorb too much of it, as well as bacteria breeding in the sponges. And i could never figure out whether you're supposed to wash sponges or throw them out.
Do they work well?
(Wow, that last paragraph was really disjointed.)
No I don't wash my sponges out ,I just throw them out after a while and use a new one,I bought a bag of sponges so I have heaps of them.I use a cream compact foundation so the sponge dosn't absorb that much.
I think they work really well, foundation is so easy to apply with a sponge and it comes on nice and even.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i use sponge and my fingers, and when i use loose powder (chanel) which is hardly ever, i put that on with this cool retro looking powder puff. the puff just looks good on my vanity i guess.

Always

HSC
I use fingers, mostly. If I use a sponge I throw it away right after - I'm terrified of spreading bacteria.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
I use fingers and brushes- fingers more often because it gives a greater medium coverage. Whilst i also use brushes sometimes cos it can give a more sheer finish.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
kat_in_a_hat88 said:
Fingers...how do you use brushes?Or is that for powder foundations?
no, some people use foundation brushes to put on their makeup if they want a heavy, even coverage. i think it uses up too much product, though and stick to sponges.

Skeeta

HSC
my sharona said:
skeeta, pressed powder and loose powder are exactly the same thing, except one is compressed for convenience during travel.
i know theyre meant to be the same, but i swear they go on differently.. i dont know if its just me (it probably is) but, i think you can tell the difference. Its probably how i put it on though, i use loose powder with a puff and brush, and i use the compacted powder with the sponge that comes with it... meh

oh and i use my fingers with liquid. Its the only way to go

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
My foundation comes in like a pump pack thing, so I squeeze it directly onto my face from the bottle, and then use my fingers to spread it and stuff. I've used sponges in the past, normally from bottles with a screw on lid, but I'm not a fan.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
I use that revlon true match foundation but I rarely wear it and tend to stick to a bit of concealer under my eyes (i have shocking black rings under my eyes) and some rimmel pressed powder (dazed, this is pretty good and extremely cheap.. and I think my skin tone is sorta similar to yours from the sounds of things).

And as for the finger/brush/sponge debate, i usually use my fingers. It's a lot easier and i've worked it out.. almost.

Danoz The Great

HSC
Maybelline (I think!) skin perfecting makeup in ivory, it's a liquid. $30 a bottle that lasts for ages

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
my sharona said:
And you're supposed to use powder and liquid foundation together. I guess you could just use one, but it will probably come off really easily and you'll have to keep reapplying every few hours.
I use pressed powder alone and it lasts all day.

Its perfect for a light coverage if all you want is to even out a complexion.

That said, Ive never used liquid and powder together anyway because its way too heavy and you can feel your skin crying. Even when I've had my make up done professionally (once at Napoleon--which was disgusting and I looked so cheap afterwards, but we won't go there) they only used liquid foundation.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
yeah i think the people who put both on are girls who used to do or did dancing and are used to heavy coverage.

i was thinking about this because a friend of mine wears both foundation and loose powder, and it looks ok on her but she has clear skin anyway. so i asked her and she said its habit from dancing.

and i remembered that when i did dancing we used to put our makeup on in bucketloads...so that sort of makes sense.

anyway...free trip down memory lane:). glad you enjoyed.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
when i used liquid/cream makeup, i used a foundation brush (the one from the body shop) THE. BEST. INVENTION. EVER.

Now i use powder foundation tho, mineral makeup from jane iredale but havent found the best way to apply yet.

HSC
Napoleon = Overpriced crap makeup

They sell repackaged $2 cheapo eyeshadows for $30. I advise people to never set foot in that store.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah I was given a voucher for a gift to get my makeup done.

I didn't have good feelings about the place when I walked in, the girl 'Candy' who was going to do my face looked like a goddam clown, pink eyeshadow from her lid to her eyebrows, bright pink lipstick, but silly me went through with it.

Then they tried to sell me the shit they used to make me look like a tart. I just rolled my eyes and walked out.

olchik

HSC
I usually don't wear foundation. But when I do, I use Max Factor.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
my sharona said:
Napoleon = Overpriced crap makeup

They sell repackaged $2 cheapo eyeshadows for $30. I advise people to never set foot in that store.
vogue tip-off hey rei ;)

HSC
Emily. said:
vogue tip-off hey rei ;)
Shush you! :p

I've replaced one bad habit with another. And like you, it's wreaking havoc on my bank account *points to signature*

But it's true, its all true... Bettina Liano has terrible Sales Assistants, Chanel has great service, Napoleon is rubbish, guys wearing eyeliner deserve to be shot, and people will always be stupid, selfish and vain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)