• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Do you like maths? (1 Viewer)

Do you like maths?

• Yes

Votes: 329 69.9%
  • No

Votes: 142 30.1%

• Total voters

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
I use to hate math. But I love it now. It's so simple when you understand it and I find it fascinating how it all works and sticks together :D

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
I use to hate math. But I love it now. It's so simple when you understand it and I find it fascinating how it all works and sticks together :D
I used to hate it too. It used to be my worst subject from yr 9 to mid-yr 10.

I don't even know why I considered General Mathematics last year.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
lyounamu said:
I used to hate it too. It used to be my worst subject from yr 9 to mid-yr 10.

I don't even know why I considered General Mathematics last year.
Yeah, I use to hate it from 7-10, but that didn't stop me acing it. But I think with growing hate for English, some love has rubbed off onto Maths :) I find it, by far, the most relaxing subject and it's the only one that I don't mind studying for. :)

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
I wouldnt call maths as my favourite subject, nor my worst (thats reserved for english lol) but its interesting to see when everything comes together and fits like a jigsaw puzzle :)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: Do you like maths?

lyounamu said:
The face next to the Mathematics Extension 2 seems to contradict your view.
sarcasm lyou, sarcasm.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Re: 回复: Re: Do you like maths?

tommykins said:
sarcasm lyou, sarcasm.
Glad to hear that...hope you locked in "yes"...

To the thread issue: I actually like all the topics. Circle Geometry is pretty easy so yeah, I don't mind that. To be honest, my worst topic is probably...um...well...3-d trigonometry?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: 回复: Re: Do you like maths?

3d trig, perm/comb and binomial.

Numbers

Banned
HSC

lyounamu said:

To the thread issue: I actually like all the topics. Circle Geometry is pretty easy so yeah, I don't mind that. To be honest, my worst topic is probably...um...well...3-d trigonometry?
What about perms and combs? It was that topic that locked in my decision to drop to 2 unit math.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

Numbers said:
What about perms and combs? It was that topic that locked in my decision to drop to 2 unit math.
perms and combs is pretty easy in my opinion. some qs can get pretty tedious but really, it's an easy mark for hsc. (and it often needs the least amount of working!!!! my fav topic~)

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC

lyounamu said:

omg 3d trig, absolutely the crappest topic in 3u maths, absoultey failed it in the two times we got tested on it :angry:

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad

electrolysis said:
omg 3d trig, absolutely the crappest topic in 3u maths, absoultey failed it in the two times we got tested on it :angry:
+1.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC

i don't hate maths, and i don't love maths i just like maths ("like" as in the subjective participle)

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
Yeah, I use to hate it from 7-10, but that didn't stop me acing it. But I think with growing hate for English, some love has rubbed off onto Maths :) I find it, by far, the most relaxing subject and it's the only one that I don't mind studying for. :)
LOL same - I used to hate maths in years 7-8, then it became interesting in Year 9 when I did the Year 10 course (quadratics, trigonometry) and it's a lot more interesting in senior years (Applications of Calculus in the Physical World and also Investment and Owing - probably the most interesting topics in my opinion).

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
I am just no good at it. I appreciate it's usefulness and worth in society, but I still dislike it with a passion. But I wouldn't say I hate it, it's useful to me sometimes, when I actually do things properly...

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
supercalamari said:
I am just no good at it. I appreciate it's usefulness and worth in society, but I still dislike it with a passion. But I wouldn't say I hate it, it's useful to me sometimes, when I actually do things properly...
That's alright though. Everybody is different and has different likes. I just hate it when people say "oh maths is useless, and when am I going to use this and that"... when it's bloody obvious that Maths is useful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)