• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

CSSA IPT 2003 Trial (1 Viewer)

Huss

HSC
N/A
hahaha...they r not just fast..they are also nicce..plus u worked the engine :D....anywayz where di ya race it and have u gone the 1/4 mile yet???

Huy

HSC
N/A
Can we remain on topic please, this isn't Non-School ;)

Huss

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Huy
Can we remain on topic please, this isn't Non-School ;)
sorry huy but me n rx always have this dispute between mazda n nissan....like an ongoing war. everytime we c each other it somehow creeps into the convo...like uve witness here and in another thread :p

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Comedy_Al
How much off topic have we gone?
That's what I've been saying :)

There's another thread which has gone off it's rails...

rx72c

Ok. Seriously hassan will stick to the topic of the CSSA, yes they were hard, but doable.

cheri_986

i was stoked with my final ranking!!! i'm 2nd compared to 8th!!! i went up heaps!!! my trial i got it back and it had a devastating 58% then (luckly) i added my marks and sum how i had 68%!!! i was stoked and then i found the teacher didn't mark a page so i scored another four marks!!!! i was stoked!!!! from 58 to 72 that one mighty jump!!!! i bombed out in multiple choice a huge 12/20 lol

fatmuscle

HSC
Originally posted by cheri_986
i was stoked with my final ranking!!! i'm 2nd compared to 8th!!! i went up heaps!!! my trial i got it back and it had a devastating 58% then (luckly) i added my marks and sum how i had 68%!!! i was stoked and then i found the teacher didn't mark a page so i scored another four marks!!!! i was stoked!!!! from 58 to 72 that one mighty jump!!!! i bombed out in multiple choice a huge 12/20 lol
ALWAYS CHECK YOUR MARKS!!!

check each Question, and FIGHT for marks that you think you deserve. Query EVERY question that you think has been marked a bit dodgy.

You have to total your marks for each questions at the bottom of the page, and then total your marks for each section, then do a final total of your paper.
teachers are doing lots of marking, and they do make mistakes!!!

I remember my friend went from 110/120 to 120/120 in some maths exam. Either dumb teacher or skilled scabbing!

connie

HSC
N/A
ok my school did the independant trial but we got given the catholic one afterwoulds and i was wondering what people wrote for question 21 c ii "critically evaluate the devlopers..." and 22 c "select and justify..."

thanx

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by connie
ok my school did the independant trial but we got given the catholic one afterwoulds and i was wondering what people wrote for question 21 c ii "critically evaluate the devlopers..." and 22 c "select and justify..."

thanx

Section II
(Total marks - 40)
Question 21 (10 marks)

(c) (ii)
Sample Answer

The developers use of the IPO chart and data flow diagrams tend to indicate they are following a structured approach. In one sense this is beneficial because they are following a sound method and this should result in the delivery of a quality system.

Three key points are stated in the question including, the manager is non-technical, a system is wanted in 5-6 weeks and the current system is manual. Therefore, showing the IPO chart and data flow diagram are the least suitable tools for helping the clients and the developer understand the system requirements.

An IPO chart simply shows what goes into the system, what processing occurs and what comes out. A data flow diagram shows the flow of data within the system. These tools alone are not sufficient to represent a system. Other models are needed to represent hardware, storage, decisions and time frames.

These diagrams are too technical and will most likely confuse the store manager. It is unlikely a system could be delivered in the desired timeframe if this approach is adhered to and a Gantt chart would be more suitable for scheduling.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question 22
(10 marks)

(c)
Sample Answer

(I like this particular bit here, so I'll type it up too for you guys).

Note:
teachers will need to use their own judgement in marking this question. Reasonable cases could be argued for object orientated databases as well as expert systems (with some AI) and it is felt there will be some students who will argue for them.

The best answer is intended to be a relational database.

Relational databases are a database design strategy based on mathematical set theory. Relational databases are constructed by separating data into smaller tables. These tables are quite similar to a flat file database. In relational databases, tables that contain data having a natural association are connected or related.

Relating tables is achieved by adding foreign keys or by creating transaction tables between the two tables. Relational databases minimise redundancy and are very good for large data sets. The smaller tables are easier to maintain because data integrity is improved and it is easier to locate data that may require modification.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use the search button in future ;)

It is in this thread:
2002 IPT Trial Answers?
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10436

See my last post, it will have all Section II answers, to the 2003 CSSA IPT Trial.

:)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by connie
ok thanx
No problem :)

PS,
Is that you in your avatar?

Nice ring +hair :)

rx72c

What avatar, come on huy, dont tell me thats your attempt to get a girlfriend, you wont get a girlfriend or at least a nice one by sitting on the computer.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by rx72c
What avatar, come on huy, dont tell me thats your attempt to get a girlfriend, you wont get a girlfriend or at least a nice one by sitting on the computer.
LOL I was talking to connie, jokingly.

Asking if it was her in her avatar (left hand side column).

Nope, that's not my attempt, LOL @ "or at least a nice one" hehehe!

:rofl:

rx72c

HEHE , how could you say connie looks good when she has got her finger up to you, that finger tells me one thing. FUCK OFF.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by rx72c
HEHE , how could you say connie looks good when she has got her finger up to you, that finger tells me one thing. FUCK OFF.
LOL I didn't say she looks good (but you can tell she does haha! look at the half-facial appearances).

Anyhow, I should have used more emoticons such as :rolleyes: :D :D :p :p

Because I said "nice ring... and hair"

(As there was nothing else to comment on)

But hey, maybe she's the type of girl I'm attracted to (brunettes) haha sshh!! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)