• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

CSSA IPT 2003 Trial (1 Viewer)

Jeo

Well hehe thx man! what uve done alrdy is excellent and alot of help! hehe thx again man :D

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by cyrax83
huy u freak :confused:
thanks? :confused:
Originally posted by Jesh
Well hehe thx man! what uve done alrdy is excellent and alot of help! hehe thx again man :D
Not a problem,

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Huy
I have the same effect on babydoll!
*whistles with hands in pockets, while swaying to and fro* :D

Orange is lost for words most of the time and is usually left gasping for air... :eek: ;)
yes, thats why were getting married.
enjoy your trials +_+

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by babydoll_
yes, thats why were getting married.
enjoy your trials +_+
Heyyyyyyyyy orange!!! Love that avatar!

My trials are over? (See page 8 of this thread, I responded to your "Huy has left the building" comment. :p)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Doesn't really matter now, CSSA should have been over.
And the security period is over too.

(She's not cheating if that's what you're thinking)
She could have had the exam last week if she wanted to.

As she said, she wanted to do revision/see the paper.
I don't think I should read into that, or question it.

There are plenty of ways to get trial exams from other schools, (and much quicker too, I might add).

Don't worry too much, she doesn't go to your school (or does she! LOL).

And assessment marks should be in by Friday, so it's all good.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Originally posted by Huy
And assessment marks should be in by Friday, so it's all good.
Are you serious? well our trials dont finish until friday and im sure they wont be marked by then... plus i have another english and business assessment to go in the next few weeks so how is that possible?

Im so jealous!!!!!! I had my ipt trial today and i think the CSSA one was much easier from reading it from huy here... apart from question 24 i didnt like that in the CSSA but the rest... man i wish i did that paper...
i mean independant wasnt HARD but it was weird and all the shit i studied wasnt in it and i had to leave a few questions out because you couldnt bullshit your way through them

Pudgedog

i have my IPT on thursday.

i dont seem to know anything at all.

i am very angry at myself =P

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by *~Dazed~*
Are you serious? well our trials dont finish until friday and im sure they wont be marked by then... plus i have another english and business assessment to go in the next few weeks so how is that possible?
Maybe it's just for my school, but everything (assessment marks, ranks and all that) is to be finalised by Friday.

I could be wrong though :)
But don't worry if you're having your trials now, maybe they'll send them off to the Board afterwards.

The stupid thing is, our English Major Works were supposed to be due on Wednesday (today), as the date of submission was the 27th August.

The Major Works have to be receieved by the 3rd September, but we're not handing anything into submission until the end of the week. :confused:

Weird...but as far as Trials/marks are concerned, with my school, it should be done by Friday at the latest.

blazezs

Originally posted by Huy
Not a problem.

...that's what Babydoll says ;) :D

For your convenience, but don't take a peek until you've attempted the Multiple Choice questions.

Multiple Choice Answers
1. C
2. D
3. B
4. C
5. B
6. D
7. B
8. D
9. B
10. C
11. B
12. B
13. A
14. D
15. C
16. A
17. C
18. A
19. A
20. C

:cool:
OMG, I did them all..........and guess what?

I GOT THEM ALL CORRECT

Jeo

No you did not! LIAR!

Because HUY....

18 is D!!!! NOT A :p

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Jesh
Because HUY....
18 is D!!!! NOT A :p
This is the question I argued about.

Read Heinemann's IPT text.
I answered A and got it right, even though the CSSA answers were D. The majority of my classmates answered A as well, with one or two answering D.

My teacher accepted both A and D, however she knows that A is the 'textbook' answer.

18. Which of the following would be considered as the most common settings for asynchronous transmission?

(A) 8 data bits, no parity, 1 start bit, 1 stop bit
(D) 7 data bits, 1 parity bit (odd or even), 1 stop bit.

Heinemann definition:

Page 87.

"Serial transmission can be either synchronous or asynchronous. Asynchronous transmission is the sending of data by identifying each byte with special start and stop bits. It has become the standard for personal computers".

Now, take a look at answer D, which is "correct" (according to CSSA).

Firstly, 7 data bits does not equal 1 byte.
It takes 8 bits to make 1 byte.

Secondly, turn the page to Page 88.
Take a look at Figure 3.10, serial transmission.

Count how many 0's and 1's there are in the figure.
With arrows under stop bit and start bit.
That makes 10 single bits, correct?

8 bits (or 1 byte) for the character, with start and stop bits

Finally,
7 data bits, 1 parity bit and 1 stop bit equals 9 data bits.
As mentioned, 7 data bits does not equal 1 byte, and having 1 stop bit does not equate to "special start and stop bits (plural)". You need 1 start bit, and 1 stop bit.

You cannot have 1 stop bit on it's own (without the start).
B and C are obviously incorrect, because it has "0 stop bits" for (B), uses 7 data bits, and as for (C), you have 8 data bits, and no start bit in use.

(A) is correct as:
There are 8 data bits (to form one byte, by definition),
1 start bit,
1 stop bit. (by definition).

:)

Jeo

hey a few of our multiple choice is from CSSA.... like 4 or 5, and one of em was that... i answered A and got it wrong.... hey im going to argue for that mark on monday..... im going to copy this and print it KEKEKEKEKE

Jeo

hey we also got that question where we had to define the three things, and i said interactivity is where the user takes direct control over the presentation, thats what fat's notes says, and i got it wrong...

and on that same question, like for path based movement i put that it is an object moving on a background to create the animation, and my teacher said path based is when u give the computer start frame and end frame, and the computer creates all the frames inbetween!!!!! WTF? then thats basically cellbased!? am i making any sense or is my teacher right?

HSC
nah i think your teacher is right jesh
coz all pathbased animation does is you draw the path of the movement right? then you draw in the first frame, and the last frame
then the graphics program uses a technique called "tweening"(short for in-betweening) which just fills in the rest of the frames, depending on the frame rate of course!

I find it best to understand this by looking at Macromedia Flash MX! to create an animation of an image following a path you use a "Motion Tween"...i dunno...maybe someone else can explain it better...im not good at explaining things!

Jeo

i know flash.... really well...... and path based according to fats notes and text book is an object moving on a background... as u said, what my teacher is talking about is tweening.....

or am i still wrong :( damn it.. 3 more mark and i come 2nd = ... and 4 outright second~~@!`

HSC
hmm i actually got that question wrong in the trial...i wrote exactly what you wrote..

i dunno, after the trials i can see the logic behind the 'tweening' justification

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)