• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Classical Greek Cont. & Ext. Class of 07 (1 Viewer)

anthropoestin

HSC
yes perhaps...netball is such a lame sport though...i mean, you can't even move with the ball, it's like a further degradation of ball sports; not only can't you tackle the person, you can't even move with the ball!

could be fun though, i guess.

btw History Boys comes out on DVD on 1st October!!!
I can't wait to get it...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx CATO was a chick for sure.

HSC
Netball is quite bitchy and violent at times...we played a very bitchy and violent team yesterday! Despite that, netball is always fun! It's a good run and it's a lot of fun (who cares if you can't move with a ball!) and it's not boring! A lot can happen in a game!

Well him being a misogynist was probably to hide from the rest his true feminine identity. "I can't be a chick coz I hate chicks...yeah!"
...Which I guess is highly depressing if you think about it that way....right I'm going to shut up before I get onto this impossible tangent...but that funny thing he said must allude to his true feminine identity! XD (w00t no tengents required to get to that point!)

Yay, it comes out just in time for the HSC...OH WELL at least we'll have something to do when it's over! XD

:wave:

HSC
That's what we can do the afternoon after extension latin then...

Ah, but not being able to tackle people and not being able to move with the ball means that you actually need a couple of skills other than mowing people down and running fast.
You also get more creative (and less permanently damaging) injuries.

HSC
All the broken fingers, stuffed ankles and grazed knees...Alas!

Funny thing, sort of. I was just on the school website looking up my time table and I noticed that they've actually included our study day under "Events" but they say it's from time 12:30am-4:30pm...Oh well looks like we can wag the whole day after all. XD

HSC
...And occasionally pushing people around in a wheelchair after, eh, Zara?

XDD That's brilliant.
Only I don't want to have to meet up to be driven there at12:30am... D:

HSC
Yes and I can't imagine any of us being in particularly good moods at 12:30am. D:

We'd have to bring our sleeping bags and find somewhere to sleep because there'd be no way in hell we'd learn anything. XD

Bahaha Greekie Sleepover! XD XD XD

anthropoestin

HSC
hahaha sleepover!
im going to try and get all day off too...because i don't want to go to English extension haha...can't wait till ive dropped that one...

rattyrayvn

HSC
Misogyny eh? The Wall was pretty misogynistic ("ZOMG WOMEN SCREWED UP MY LIFE"), especially the film, but we love it anyway. XP

You must all show me the History Boys >.>

Mr Gumby

HSC
As tempting as you're making netball sound, I think I might have to pick an activity to force you all into, as payback.
Steph, speaking of TV, I see on your profile it says you like Wire in the Blood. You'll be very excited to learn there's going to be a new series on ABC soon. Just as well, since Midsomer Murders and Silent Witness both finished. Now the only thing worth watching is Antiques Roadshow. I'm not happy.
Speaking of misogyny, my favourite quotes are from Euripides:
'We are women, useless for noble deeds, but the most skilled devisers of every sort of evil' (Medea)
and 'a woman is a foolish creature, I'll not dispute that' (Electra),
ironically, both said by women.

Last edited:
HSC
And both written by men.
Well, a man.

But we love The Wall :3. And there're enough nifty sounds to make up for it. That said, I do love The Trial almost most of all; "The way you've made them suffer, your exquisite wife and mother..."
Judge's voice = sehr cool.

What activity then? : o

Linds, we must watch History Boys after Ext Latin is OVER --- along with, say, a collection of favourite kids movies?
Total brain-turnoff (ignoring the scene in French o_O)

Mr Gumby

HSC
Short of forcing you into some sort of classical sport like, say, gladiatorial combat or pankration, I'm really not sure; you've got netball to fall back on, I don't. I translated this Roman play last year - I could make you act it out in Latin, but on second thoughts that's a bit sad, even for me. I think I might keep you in suspense, and let you decide whether you want to run the risk of making me play netball, and then be forced to do something truly humiliating.

anthropoestin

HSC
Sitting still. Women are useless at sitting. Let's put them in a room and see who can sit the longest.....

Gumby, you're TV choices have hit rock bottom. Antiques Roadshow?? That's a last resort when you return home half pissed on saturday night and need to be comforted by someone...BARGAIN HUNT though, now there's a good show!
hahaha im so hypocritical...bargain hunt...

what does anyone think of English comedies? I love them; Allo Allo, Fawlty Towers, Dad's Army, and my favourite new one is Yes, Minister. Which is why i love the HISTORY BOYS.

we should do it when you guys finish your HSC exams...ah sad classicists we are...mmmm classics..

btw guys, what are you thinking of doing after school? Uni?

xxxxxxxxxxxx:wave:

HSC
Zara's already been forced to reenact the Battle of Marathon when she was at (shockhorror) Marathon.

And we did lots of acting out of Latin plays in year 10.
We're also planning to write a soapie - Electra and Pylades in the Suburbs - once the HSC is gone. You can't beat us for sadness, either :p (Seriously, poor Pylades. Doesn't get to speak then gets Electra forced on him...)

Oh, and we did some form of gladiatorial combat on Classics Camp in Year 8. That was an awesome camp XDD.

You're playing netball. We enjoy making spectacles of ourselves, within reason.

We can so sit still. Getting us sitting in a room together and not talking... That'd be a challenge. Our teachers have all failed so far.

History Boys is utter awesomeness. I watched the first full Monty Python thing on Saturday (Holy Grail), which was alright and definitely not as good as I was expecting XD.

Yes, yes we should :D
We need to organise lots of outings for the months following HSC. I really have no idea what we'll do o_O

Next year, from March, I'll be in NW India, living in Jamyang Choeling Nunnery and teaching English to Tibetan refugees. For four months. Then I plan to travel until I run out of money...

*waits for scones to cook*

By the way, Nicholas, tell Ross to get on this site. We bumped into him on Saturday (and he talked to us, which proves we didn't scare him away permanently either), and he's so far refused our commands to turn up here.

Fakhri

HSC
hey,

well i have another reason to add to my long rants...cause my interent always stuffs up and hence have to catch up on all the things u people say..and then reply to them..causei have to reply...cause i just can't stop talking...plus oddly alot of the stuff in the last few posts has been about me..or included my name..therefore its about me (centre of universe)

Nicholas you are deffinetly playing netball..you should listen to kayley she is right i just have a way with people (you know..i am annoying and hence they cave)...and i don't mind embarrasing myself..or making a spectacle cause i do it all the time..even when i don't mean too..i think i have become used to it...so whatever you can dish out to me i am sure i can handle it and it will be no risk...trust me i have done things you would never have thought i would do..and this was all when i was young and innocent...and as ki said we have enacted all kinds of things which i enjoy..excep the battle of marathon (which is not a very interesting place..my fav place was Sounion..on my classics tour)..most likely i didn't like it cause of Dr eb...damn her...oh well..

my way with people will be enhance i assure you, i went to a psych lecture of at unsw and if i do social psych then i will learn the art of manipulation..so be even more annoying...but i actually really want to do psych..or internatal studies....(this is to whoever asked)

btw Grammarpalooza???? what the hell is with the name...strange...yeah my friend kerry wanted me to go with her...cause her brother wanted her to go..its basically like a circle...but it was not that good...the inital bands were ok..stressing the ok..and the rest not so much..sorry to tell you, you guys are only good at one thing..being nerds..sorry..oh yeah and girls...

and yes..history boys best movie ever...ever..and i love english comedies...like 'are you being served' is one of my fav..and 'fawlty towers'...of course..they are just hilarious...

plus my tv watching has nothing to do with my inablility to work..cause i didn't have tv for about 8/10 weeks around the the time of my trials..and i spent most of the time on the internet..mostly reading the news and looking up random stuff like on wiki and then spent the rest of the day sleeping (and of course the pigging out bit too..man i love food...all kinds..esp. sweets except of course chocolate..yuk!!!!!!!!)...but yeah so tv makes me do about the same amont of work...and i learn about the same amont of ramdom info....plus now i have taken to not watching tv but to walking around the city with my sister who came back a while ago now..day of my last trial..cause before i didn't ever go out in the city (only been living in the city for like 4months..not long)..

to conteract all those misogynists..i wil become a misandrists...so and create a matriarchy when i take over the world..u know to balance out history....speaking of history..i hate that the course is soooo very long..it drives me mad i finally learn all this stuff for the trials and now not only have to revise that but have to learn new stuff which i have to cram at...annoying..annoying...annoying..

k that was it for my rant about ancient..

btw why are women useless at sitting???? i have no problem sitting still..but going without talking would be very difficult...but i think i could spend hours talking to myself..so you could just...that would be easy...techniqually it is easy for everyone but esp. for me..

i want to take the whole day off on the semniar day..that would be brilliant cause all i miss when we live school is a study..which i would be going home for anyway...but if i do i will miss three subjects...but then i won't have to travel all the way to pymble and then turn around and come back to townhall......less weird train trips, where i attempt to either to do work (only time i ever work) or pretend to look out the window...or appeare to be not be really interesting in something...taking train by yourself is not that great...k that was a v. weird rant..meh..i am weird we all know it...although in the presence of greekies i am not that weird...
well end of rant..unless i can think of more..

Last edited:

Fakhri

HSC
according to my post thing..i write less post than everyone..feel sad...and what is a junior memeber..and why am i one...just wondering...

Last edited:
HSC
Mr Gumby said:
As tempting as you're making netball sound, I think I might have to pick an activity to force you all into, as payback.
Steph, speaking of TV, I see on your profile it says you like Wire in the Blood. You'll be very excited to learn there's going to be a new series on ABC soon. Just as well, since Midsomer Murders and Silent Witness both finished. Now the only thing worth watching is Antiques Roadshow. I'm not happy.
Speaking of misogyny, my favourite quotes are from Euripides:
'We are women, useless for noble deeds, but the most skilled devisers of every sort of evil' (Medea)
and 'a woman is a foolish creature, I'll not dispute that' (Electra),
ironically, both said by women.

Whatever pay back you could give us, plays, re-enactments and whatnot, would probably not affect us as much it would affect you when we force you to play netball. It's no biggie for us. I make a good whorey wife in a latin play. Yr 10 was hilarious.

XD! Yeah I saw an ad for it the other night! As you could probably imagine my mother became momentarily deaf from my reaction! XDDD

I didn't watch any Silent Witness or Midsomer Murders this year. I do like them though!

You can always find stuff to watch on tv, unfortunately!

@AlexII: Trust me I was saying the whole of yr 11 that I'd drop Ext English...never happened. Decided to keep it as a back up incase I fudge advanced...Well AOS is a massive screw up for me so I need Ext.

Dude, I love Keeping Up Appearances, The Young Ones and Bottom....etc.

I'm hoping to get into uni next year. That aim is increasingly becoming more and more exasperating.

@Zara: Your ranting, for once, has actually killed my remaining brain cells. XD

@Ki: Yep, seconded. Nicholas get Ross and whoever else to turn up on this.

Fakhri

HSC
STEPHANIE>>>>>

I have not killed anyone's brain cells..plus if i have better for me then i am the only still with brain cells...and secondly..

how are u...missed u heaps today...oddly enough...poor kayley had to spend the day with me...sadly.....

hope you are feeling better now..or at least...at little bit..btw cause you have been sick i say don't do the essay for greek unless u have already done it...damn you if you have..haven't yet nor have a picked an essay yet...damn things...annoying

HSC
Zazia, XD

Glad you missed me! Bahahahahahaha Kayley had to spend the day with you!?!?! How was that by the way!?

Yes I'm sick, I guess? (my immune system is up to shit, must get mum to buy me some more eccanacia [sp?]) I'll be back tomorrow though, just in time for Greek and Ext Latin. Hooray?

I chose the first essay topic I flicked on. I haven't finished it yet (I'm about halfway?) because I'm still trying to do Ext Latin (man I hate it). I really need Perseus too, but alas I have to do it myself. I don't think "being sick" is an accepted excuse in someone's books. How much do we need to write for a Greek essay anyway? A page and an half?

<333

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)