• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Classical Greek Cont. & Ext. Class of 07 (1 Viewer)

HSC
Don't worry. I was thinking the same thing...

Dude Harrison Ford is eww and I read somewhere that Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman were voted one of the worst movie couples ever, which I thought was HILARIOUSLY fitting!

Yeah, Hairspray comes out next week!!! So excited!!!

Oh yeah I remember your military story! XD

HSC
Apparently the most common uniform-fetish for women is the fireman uniform.
My next-door neighbour is definitely afflicted.
It's a little scary.

(When we had that street party. And the powerlines exploded five-ten metres from us. And we had live wires all over the street, and it was blocked off, and we weren't allowed to go home. There were firemen all about. Mel was drooling.
Simon had also broken his arm, and wasn't allowed to leave the house.)

HSC
Speaking of Firemen, funny how one of the most common occupations little boys want to be when they grow up is firemen. I'm thinking of this completely innocently because it's so darn cute, but too bad most of them grow up and change their mind not thinking how much of a chick magnet they could potentially be if the fetish stands true amongst the masses. XD

>.< You poor things!!!

Fakhri

HSC
well...i don't think i like firemen more than i like others in uniform..though...but firemen are deffinetly mean more athletic..soo..possible why more women like firemen in uniform..cause being a police men doesn't mean you have a hot bod...oh well..

Btw..went to protest today..well just got back..i don't think i actively participated..but i did go to hyde park and listen to the speeches about anit-war and anti-well amost everything...it was mostly focused on anti-war but they also brought up stuff about the IR laws and problems through out the world...like new terror laws and stuff..quite intersting..however i spent most of the time mocking...sort of...just some stuff they said was just such a side sweep so..it was weird..sorry steph there was nothing about russia and i didn't hold a banner.....

the actual viewing of the protest was interesting though..like there were police everywhere..i mean they blocked off all these paths..and basically encircled us in hyde park and there were people standing on cars, and of course people shouting and stuff, and handing out flyers and pins etc..but it was peaceful, i guess
and we saw um..mike munro..so we saw famous people..cool..but he looked really tanned...looked like he had a fake tan..probably all the make up..but still famous...

well thats it...hence the excitement have done no homework..except some sort of bad attempt at bio..and i hate essays...hate with extreme passion..cause i always hate with passion so this is extreme...

HSC
Yeah, when you mentioned your police fetish I was thinking exactly that...erm what about all the tragic ones...yes, zara I'm carrying out our horrible theory.

Told you protesting is gay!
Speaking of Apec, the national costume they made all the leaders wear was a "Driza-Bone" rain-coat-thing. Hilarious. They all looked ridiculous!

I've done a bit of maths and now I'm doing some Ext Latin. I just got back from singing at a wedding though. Fun fun.

rattyrayvn

HSC
Firemen have suspenders and ash on their faces. S'kinda heroic, in an old-fashioned way. XD

These days when I think of policemen, it's the fat cops and the sheriff in First Blood. So yeah, kinda ruins the idea for a girl.

So...CAMO PRINT.

Mr Gumby

HSC
TheLadyDisdain said:
How can you be scared by the band Queen!? I'm very unhappy with you! O:
You need to say something like you like the Rocky Horror Picture Show to redeem yourself...but you probably don't, do you? >>

Dude, Alexander V Basileus is just confusing...ALEX II all the way.

I have issues with protesters. Well mainly just the teenagers on the news "We're like here coz they're are like bad things that like go on which is like so like bad"... Stephania: "More like um like free like day like off like school like."
I mean geeze! Well despite the smart move of potentially getting international awareness for your cause, they all seem to just be protesting for the frikkin hell of protesting, plus I'm sure half of the protester's opinions are formed purely on those of the majority and or media. We all know the frikkin war in Iraq is bad, but do half these people actually realise why it's bad excluding the obvious fact that it's a war? No I don't believe half these people do know about the tribal structure of Iraq and what frikkin not. etc.

Plus if you ask me, the situation in Russia is just as, if not more fucked than Iraq. $50 you're not going to see a bunch of protesters saying "Putin go home and BLOODY FIX STUFF" or whatever.

Zara, you're allowed to go protest, if you first of all laugh at them, and hold up some sort of GO FIX RUSSIA sign.

Oh shut up I know I'm rambling, but I'm in a crap mood.
1) I cannot find my frikkin watch anywhere and I have no idea where it's gone and what I've done with it. I'm very upset and getting impatient.
2) In my constructive unuseful procrastination I just read on the BBC News that Pavarotti died today. I'm not happy at all and very shocked. T_T

I'm going to STFU now, plus I ate my Maccas too fast and my body's wooping my arse for it. I need to puke.

:wave:
That's a lovely image, Steph. When I log on in the morning, fresh and eager for a new day of school, knowing that you ate your Maccas too fast and now need to puke is exactly what I need. I can now start the day with a smile on my face. [SARCASM! SARCASM! I've decided it's best to be quite explicit about this].

How can I be scared by the band Queen? It's probably something to do with Freddy Mercury. Plus the fact that I really don't like their music. But I guess that won't surprise you, will it?

I've never seen The Rocky Horror Picture Show. That won't surprise you either, will it?

You did spell Ratatouille right, Julia. What I find amusing is that the promoters felt the need to sound the name out (RAT - TA - TOO - EE) on the posters. For the American audience, I guess.

HSC
I'm speaking for Steph (she thinks it's a bad idea she speaks for herself):
1) You didn't need to signpost that particular bit of sarcasm
2) It's not her fault she needed to puke -- had to catch public transport in a limited timeframe.
3) You have some serious redeeming to do for the comment about Queen.
4) Queen is classically based, apparently, so you should like it.
5) Haven't seen Rocky Horror = you have no choice, you're coming with us to see the stage show that's coming soon.
6) I'm allowed to talk now :3

Americans are stupid.
(End of contribution).

anthropoestin

HSC
year 11 exams are soooooooo lame...had english today which was even lamer...i swear if they ask me about my creative learning process one more time, i'll...

hows geek going everyone!??
study day next week! hope you're all firing up!

ABII over and out

HSC
Steph's safe contribution to thread life today:

WE FINISHED THUCYDIDES!!!!!!! :O

(after much rambling and giggling over god-knows-what today...WE'RE DONE!!!! *huggleglompsquish*)

p.s Geek life is great Basileus Alex II! :p XD
p.p.s Good luck with your exams...THEY DON'T COUNT REMEMBER THAT! XD

Fakhri

HSC
well...in bio a english teacher (sub) read out some of the yr 11 exam creatives for romance genre..funniest things of my life..they were full of purple prose basically and it was really hilarious..sadly most of them got 5/15..which is really bad..but still it made us laugh...

btw nicholas i can't believe you don't like Queen..you should watch We Will Rock You..that was the best production (only one i have seen) which had only Queen songs..sorry to continue with the rant..but can't believe you don't like it..
and btw...i am weird cause i wear my dad's socks..well..its not my fault i don't have socks of my own..now i just steal my sisters...soo have moved on..but still..one day (just for you) i will buy socks..

AlexII...greek study..never heard of this..what is it???...is it fun???...seriously i haven't actually studied or done homework since the trials...i know weeks ago...but i think cramming works best for me...i am good at cramming and have been perfecting my skills this year during the trials..and since the trials are a 'trial' for the HSC..i plan to carry on with my cramming...plus i found out i only need 75UAI to get into the course i want to get into...

as you can see i have very low expectations...well it comes from years of doing nothing...i just love passive learning, which is why i love cramming...yeah passive is the best...

BTW...ki/steph both of you have to stop going on this website..i know hypocrite..but still both of you should be stuyding..considering we have mounds, litteraly mounds of ext latin homework..and then the greek essays (which are never going to be written by me...alas!!!)...although i agree Americans are stupid...like changing names of movies just so it is not confusing for the American audience...stupid people.....

well i am going to do some homework i think, i better..at least i will finish comment questions...

Last edited:
HSC
Shut up Zara, Ki and I did a lot in our free. We talked about Ext Latin and Ki made me a study timetable. Plus I just got home from a whole afternoon of music, which included learning how to breath properly so my stomach muscles are tres screwed. Plus I'm more than halfway through the ext latin stuff anyway and was just about to get going with it again when I saw your reply. >> << >>

Mr Gumby

HSC
Zara, I'm very glad to hear you'll buy socks one day. If I ever needed to buy you a birthday present, I'd know exactly what to get. I know it's usually extremely lame to buy someone socks, but I think in your case it would be perfect.

Did Steph think it was a bad idea to speak forherself because she was afraid of throwing up, or because she was afraid of giving more incriminating information?

I'm very sorry for that comment about Queen, but I'm afraid it's true. I don't see how it's classically based though. Simply calling a song Bohemian Rhapsody doesn't really cut it for me. That song is the chief reason I hate Queen, by the way. I know everyone else loves it, but it just makes me want to kill myself.

I warn you, if you drag me to see the Rocky Horror stage show, I will drag you to see Don Giovanni or Orlando. Unfortunately, you would have to pay for your tickets, as I am not going to spend close to $1000 just to have my revenge on you. Alternatively, I have a production of The Marriage of Figaro on DVD; I could make you watch that instead. Matter of fact, given Steph's love of all things in the vein of Austen, you might actually enjoy it. It also has one of the women I do find attractive in it too, so you'd probably be interested.

HSC
More like she was afraid of her reaction to your not liking Queen.

Socks for Zara...Really, I think we should just give you more thigh-his, Zaz. Then you'll never need socks.

I'm glad we didn't have to write a romance creative. But remember that romance poem French got us to write?
I think I still have it somewhere. That had to be the best English lesson we've ever had.

We were made to study Bohemian Rhapsody in music in year 9. Bicycle Races is better. Actually, I like all the lesser-known ones of the 'Best of' best :/

I really wish we'd get to the end of Livy. We could have been finished weeks ago, and it's really annoying me D:

Austen D:
We did the BBC version of P&P for ext eng this year. I couldn't get through watching it twice.
And I have friends who have the whole thing memorised and who're up to their 40-somethingth time watching it D:

Brilliant.
So Nicholas is dragged to play netball, watch Shrek (+ other movies), see the Rocky Horror stageshow, while we are made to watch a DVD.
I'm happy with this.

How can they ask a question about your creative learning process, Alex? I mean, how does that even work? :/
Good luck with the rest of them.

Fakhri

HSC
Ki, your right..nicholas thigh-his are the way to go...deffinetly..

Nicholas if you make us watch a dvd...which i have never heard of them i will make you watch IMPERIUM. you might actually like..even love this movie..or at least one section..its about the Augustan Age and his princeps...actually everyone should watch this movie..basically after watching it in ancient, ages ago when we actually had time to watch movies and do work, now steph, ki and i have sources for our work for our phd(k, not an actual doctoret but still....something to do after our novel about Pylades) on virgil...or specifically virgil, horace and maecenas...

Btw ki, i really like the BBC version of p&p it was good...i have watched i like 3 times..although i am not as commited to the movie as say um..one of the blondes..(the other)...i do enjoy it...like Wuthering Heights BBC, it is a good movie..can't believe you don't like it...

i looked up the production ofThe Marriage of Figaro..it actually looks funny although, its and opera...but at least it is satirical...

BTW Ki...Hans Zimmer, has litteraly, as jane said, done music on every movie...Madagascar: the crate escape, is his latest movie which is comming out next year..he did POTCIII, King Arthur, black hawk down, and even riding in cars with boys, as well as gladiator...jane is soo right..he has done everything..

HSC
My thigh highs sometimes cut off the circulation in my legs...maybe that's because I have HUGE thighs. XDDD

Damn right that would be crappy revenge (if you really want decent revenge) seeing as there's a rather high probability (maths...is ruling my life..) that I will enjoy whatever opera you attempt to dump on me. You're talking to someone who loves the likes of Puccini, was upset that they missed La Boheme, and was sad that Pavarotti died, has sung in a school opera, plus thinks Mozart does a hot concerto...well a hot clarinet concerto. So yeah, basically dumping anything classical and opera-ish on me and hoping me to run away screaming is a bad idea. XD

Plus I've had Handel's Hallelujah in my head for ages. Didn't help choir teacher replaying it to us with funny high squeaks in parts.

Us revenge tragedy students know all about decent revenge...oh wait seeing all the revenge we deal with is tragic...nevermind.

I think it would be funnier to take you to something like Hair. Too bad the last time that was here was yr 8. Man that was awesome...minus my *cough* nasty shock. Way better than that Mama Mia Abba crap everyone was raving about at the time. Alright, Abba just makes the alright for karaoke category, but not stage show stuff.

Oh shut up you all! There's nothing wrong with Austen! I do prefer other writers from her time period much more, but she doesn't make me want to puke every five seconds. (like half of the 'romance' that is sold these days) BBC Pride and Prejudice is the bomb! (shut up not because of Colin Firth) I watched it a kazillion times in the summer holidays without dying, but that's probably because I'm not doing it in Ext Eng. Eng ruins everything...minus Wuthering Heights and Jane Eyre. (shut up you bastards not for that reason)
I still watch R+J and manage to analyse the use of symbols, much to my dismay!

I get upset by creepy Mr Guppy-like so-called Byronic heroes on the topic of BBC drama. >> << >>

Thing is I probably wouldn't throw up. (actually I've thrown up more in the past 2 years than I have ever since I was cured from what used to make me all the time at age 2)
I have outrageous eating habits, just ask the other two. Things from having excess sauce/dressing with everything, eating/drinking sauce/dressing by itself etc. In fact I'm eating straight vegemite right now... my snack about ran out of crackers, alasity!

Well ignoring the title (if it really pisses you off that much technically) it's a wonderful song. Great for karaoke...we've done it on the way to/from most choir gigs without fail. Not my favourite song though. I agree with Ki. The less known songs are best. Don't Stop Me Now is still my all time favourite though.

Eww I hate the movie Madagascar.

Right I'm going to can it and continue to stick to the study time-table Ki has made me.

Last edited:

anthropoestin

HSC
Jane Austen is awesome! I love Austen...and most 18th/19th Century English writers...the Bronte sisters etc..

I've just finished reading her last novel Persuasion, actually. I'm going to read Emma next...but not before I've finished Scoop by Evelyn Waugh - do you know him?? He's great! Early 20th Century English...great writer..my favourite one is Decline and Fall. What else is good...Allan de Boton, of course. And Richard Dawkins...dear Richard. I'm also reading this book called A Little Rain on Thursday, which is about a Russian translator who finds an ancient manuscript in a lanugage which no one knows...it's great! You guys might like it....and it's set in Sydney. The author is Matt Rubenstein....

See you all a week tomorrow

Fakhri

HSC
STEPH ur (i learnt that from Mr Brown) thighs are not fat...god we are as bad as each other....plus i don't often wear my thigh-his cause they look bad.....cause they are too tight for my flab...yeah i know nice image..anway..still

btw you don't have to like madagascar to appreciate hans zimmer...he litteraly has done everything..go look him up....

also last bit of advise STOP EATING CRAP...honestly you know its bad..you know that i know its bad..so stop eating random stuff..unless it keeps you on your study program then you can eat it...really feel bad about not doing work now..oh well will do commentary tonight..and hopefully learn latin for tommrrow...damn...only about 33 days till HSC..crap...this sucks...i am going to fail (ok i know i complain alot..well i always have..and just so you all know i am also always negative.)

BTW grammar people, your unseen homer vocab was WEIRD!!!....firstly there were only 3 words..secondly many of those you could have worked out..cause i could have...either you know very random words...or well i can't think about anything else..

Alex...you appear to be counting down till the seminar day....i would be but i think end of school slightly overshadows that....

speaking of end of school...very sad incident today...we have a junior/prep school morning tea and everyone who was in them went down and saw their old teachers and stuff...and i have been there for 13 years and no one remembered me...i felt so sad...everyone else was remembered by at least one person..sadly i am insignificant and forgetable...so sad...but oh well i am pretty sure in the senior i have annoyed enough people for them to remember me forever...

Last edited:
HSC
I have my huge anthology of Austen, which I am yet to get through naturally due to the HSC, annoyingly! From what I've read of her I've enjoyed!

I'm trying to finish Anna Karenina at the moment and I think Tolstoy is absolutely brilliant! I'm really really enjoying it! Definitely one of my favourite novels! My mum got me Fyodor Doestoevsky's Crime and Punishment for my birthday, which I can't wait to start either! I seem to be branching out to the Russian authors just a tad!

I love the Brontes!!!! Absolutely love them! Wuthering Heights and Jane Eyre are definitely two of my favourite novels, more Wuthering Heights though! (english hasn't ruined it for me yet!!!) Sadly I could probably analyse Wuthering to my hearts content, which is SURPRISING. You should all be ashamed!?

However, after Anna Karenina, all seven Austen novels and Crime and Punishment, I will be crawling back to DH Laurence most likely! I loved Son's and Lovers the BBC series and it's one of my mum's favourite books when she was my age, so I definitely must read that...plus LADY CHATTERLEY's LOVER, of course! It looks so damn BRILLIANT and INTERESTING all round! Oh and Snow Falling on Cedars...I love WWII based fiction as well! Generally anything that somewhat has Historical Fictional elements...like Sara Douglass's Troy Game, which is Fantasy but pretty much historical fiction spreading from Ancient Greece to WWII Britain in the last book...I'm a massive fan but still need to read Book 4...I highly recommend it.

But yeah, 19th-early 20th century literature, plus Historical Fiction plus bits of Fantasy and dare I even say Shakespeare is ALL GOOD for me! But I do read other genres and stuff...I once read this awesome Jodi Picoult book...I forgot what it's called...damn!

I used to be a really avid reader in my primary and middle school days (a good 3 or 4 books a week!!!), but I stopped reading out of school pretty much completely in yr 11 (minus that Jodi Picoult book and a couple of others)...well ok I was reading fanfiction. That pretty much ruined my ability to write/speak English. T_T

I haven't heard of the authors you're talking about, but I will definitely look in to them at some point! They sound very interesting!!!

After the HSC I intend to lock myself up and read for at least 2 weeks non-stop...screw HP though! JK is a BLOODY TWIT!!!

End of book rant. Off to finish work and stuff...feel pukish though.

See you next week!

HSC
Zara, your legs are way longer and less flabbier than my beauties, we should have a FLAB OFF. (now that creates wonderful imagery, we should be writers)

Secondly, I'll only stop eating crap when you decide to stop eating crap. XD

Thirdly, we all know my track record is way worse than yours. (in terms of academics...I have the lectures to prove it as you know!!!)

Fourthly, I need to go and start studying again...I have heaps to do but no, my rellies came over so that stilted things for a tiny bit.

Fifthly, we established I'm DUMB in Greek today and that I would need those peasy words at the bottom ANYWHOS.

Sixthly, that reminds me I'm going to go and do an unseen or some Ext Latin or learn some Lat Cont for that test tomorrow. I've done one line aren't I great.

Sevently, I have resisted the URGE to watch "Thank God Your Here" so I can concentrate on my work. Be proud you guys!

Eighthly, I'm leaving now...

XD

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)