• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Bush or Kerry (1 Viewer)

Who would you vote for in the upcoming US Presidential Election?

• Bush

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • Kerry

Votes: 67 83.8%

• Total voters

Rorix

HSC
thorrnydevil said:
How, give me a legitimate reason why I am dumb?
Firstly, your response 'members of the Republican party' was dumb, even if the thread was about that.

But it wasn't, in fact, about that. It was clearly about the up to 3 Supreme Court justices the next President gets to appoint.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
superbird said:
i wouldnt say i have been brainwashed...though i hav seen both sides of the story and moore's argument does seem more convincing.

sure - but do you know the TRUTH?

Rorix

HSC
Go look at my link.

It's independant.

You know that even the Democrats don't respect Micheal Moore right?

superbird

HSC
Rorix said:
Go look at my link.

It's independant.

You know that even the Democrats don't respect Micheal Moore right?
nope didnt know that. the article you gave me is pretty lengthy but i will take the time to read it

Rorix

HSC
You can just look at what was false in the parts of the movie you felt presented the strongest case.

mewcou

BreaKing said:
truth is not an opinion.....
Actually, what we perceive as truth usually is just an opinion. Especially on political matters.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Rorix said:
Firstly, your response 'members of the Republican party' was dumb, even if the thread was about that.

But it wasn't, in fact, about that. It was clearly about the up to 3 Supreme Court justices the next President gets to appoint.
And? You still haven't explained to me why I am dumb. Your just trying to earn points with Asquitian. You poor, poor boy.

Rorix

HSC
thorrnydevil said:
And? You still haven't explained to me why I am dumb. Your just trying to earn points with Asquitian. You poor, poor boy.

Because you said something incorrect (that the candadates are exactly the same) and even when I pointed out an obvious flaw in that view (3 appointments) you did not a) understand it was a flaw or b) even acknowledge what the remark was directed toward.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
I highly doubt he is biased towards asians seeing as he was heavily involved in the anti-vietnam war protests, warning the public about free-fire zones where innocent people were being killed due to lack of permissable distinction between civilians and combatants

Rorix

HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
I highly doubt he is biased towards asians seeing as he was heavily involved in the anti-vietnam war protests, warning the public about free-fire zones where innocent people were being killed due to lack of permissable distinction between civilians and combatants

He supports massive protection for American manufacturing i.e. protection against cheap Chinese imports

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Rorix said:
He supports massive protection for American manufacturing i.e. protection against cheap Chinese imports
I see. I wouldn't say that necessarily makes him biased against asians though. I mean if a really poor 'white country' was making the cheap imports, it might just as well be against them.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Rorix said:
Because you said something incorrect (that the candadates are exactly the same) and even when I pointed out an obvious flaw in that view (3 appointments) you did not a) understand it was a flaw or b) even acknowledge what the remark was directed toward.
OK, lets look at all the Justices on the High Court.

Chief Justice Rehnquist: Appointed by President Nixon (Republican). He also worked as an Assisstant Attorney General in the Nixon years. He was nominated as Chief Justice Of the USA by Reagan (Republican).

Justice Stevens: Nominated by President Ford (Republican). He worked on many committees for the Attorney Generals office under the Republican presidency.

Justice O'Connor: Nominated by President Reagan (Republican). Served in the Arizona Senate as a REPUBLICAN.

Justice Scalia: What, yet another Republican appointment. Nominated by President Reagan (Republican). Worked in the Nixon administration in the General Counsel of the Office of Telecommunications Policy, and many more positions after that.

Justice Kennedy: Nominated by President Reagan (Republican). Was on the board of the Federal Judicial Center and many more Judicial committees during the Reagan years.

Justice Souter: Nominated by Peresident Bush (Republican). Served as Deputy Attorney General of the United States under the Ford Administration (Republican).

Justice Thomas: Nominated by President Bush (Republican). Also served on many committees for the Federal Government under the Bush years.

Justice Ginsburg: Nominated by President Clinton (Democrat). Served on committees during the Reagan (Republican), Bush (Republican) and Clinton (Democrat) Presidencies.

Justice Breyer: Nominated by Clinton (Democrat). Served on amy committees during the same presidencies as above. (I'm a bit rushed.)

Can you see all the familiarities? THEY HAVE ALL WORKED CLOSELY WITH THE REPUBLICANS, AND SOME EVEN SERVED AS REPUBLICANS. This means my statement wasn't wrong, and you are stupid.

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
if i was an AMErican which im not (thank god!) i would set up another party. Ill get elected for sure!

there both evil parties. Since the end of the 2nd Gulf war both parties have done their bit to make IRAQ a llittle bit more of a iving hell for the people there.

out of the two... nah i wont vote.

walrusbear

HSC
since the us has emerged as a superpower they have used their own interests to fuck up other countries' problems with retarded intervention

i don't think the president being a republican or democrat will change a damn thing

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
you make simplistic arguments...

this was me agreeing with something...its not even an argument...its not event meant to...

thorny does it again
My "Simplistic agruement" was. This thread is stupid. How else am I meant to put it? Enlighten me, Asquithian.

And yes, it is alot of Republicans. Meaning my statement was correct.

lala2

Banned
HSC
agree with walrusbear above ^^^^

Australia and the UK are wading in deep s***, the US doesn't take the slightest notice of either, especially Australia, which pisses me off because it was their fault that Bush got elected, so Sept 11 happened, so American troops hauled ass over the world to Afghanistan and Iraq, so the Bali bombings happened, so everything that was bad since Bush's victory was because of them....pheewwww *wipes forehead*--that's my little rant

With regards to Bush versus Kerry, I go for Kerry but only because I don't want Bush to be re-elected. Kerry is just beating around the bush, he's not a strong leader, and personally I think that Al Gore should've been president---that's my political opinion for the century

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
lala2 said:
agree with walrusbear above ^^^^

Australia and the UK are wading in deep s***, the US doesn't take the slightest notice of either, especially Australia, which pisses me off because it was their fault that Bush got elected, so Sept 11 happened, so American troops hauled ass over the world to Afghanistan and Iraq, so the Bali bombings happened, so everything that was bad since Bush's victory was because of them....pheewwww *wipes forehead*--that's my little rant

With regards to Bush versus Kerry, I go for Kerry but only because I don't want Bush to be re-elected. Kerry is just beating around the bush, he's not a strong leader, and personally I think that Al Gore should've been president---that's my political opinion for the century
9/11 still would of happened under Gore and we would of sent tropps over, under Gore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)