• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Bush or Kerry (1 Viewer)

Who would you vote for in the upcoming US Presidential Election?

• Bush

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • Kerry

Votes: 67 83.8%

• Total voters

ohne

HSC
I don't like either of them but I would likely vote for Kerry as the lesser evil if I had the right to do so.

Rorix

HSC
Again, you failed to see the point.

thorrnydevil said:
Can you see all the familiarities? THEY HAVE ALL WORKED CLOSELY WITH THE REPUBLICANS, AND SOME EVEN SERVED AS REPUBLICANS. This means my statement wasn't wrong, and you are stupid.
THIS IS PRECISELY THE POINT.

REPUBLICANS APPOINT CONSERVATIVE JUSTICES.

DEMOCRATS APPOINT LIBERAL JUSTICES.

HENCE, THE BALANCE OF POWER IN THE SUPREME COURT IS AT STAKE IN THIS ELECTION WITH UP TO THREE JUSTICES RETIREING.

ERGO, THERE ARE MAJOR RAMIFICATIONS OF THIS ELECTION RESULT

ERGO, YOUR STATEMENT THAT THE PARTIES ARE BASICALLY THE SAME IS INCORRECT.

Moonlight: Yeah, that's true. Which is why I said he was 'sort of right'. Shrug. He still went on my ignore list for stupidity:)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I think they're both kinda screwed, Micheal moore is basically the only connection to american politics most australians have, so of course the majority of australians hate him...

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I think they're both kinda screwed, Micheal moore is basically the only connection to american politics most australians have, so of course the majority of australians hate him...
That and the fact he is a blatant propagandist.

Rorix

HSC
Asquithian said:
wow thats alot of Republicans!

Two of them are RINOs, I can't remember exactly which two, Scalia and Stevens ring a bell. Basically the court is 5-4 conservative.

walrusbear

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
do you have any overwhelming evidence of bush being a good president?

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Firstly may I say I'm for the first time somewhat optimistic that Kerry will win this election. A lot of the swing states like Michigan, New Jersey and crucially, Flordia, have swung over to Kerry in the last couple of days by the barest of margins, but based on the pollsters' assumption (which is based on historical evidence) that undecided votes tend to go to the challenger, it seems Kerry will win, and win fairly comfortably. Fingers crossed.

On Michael Moore.. he's a propagandist no doubt, and there's absolutely no reason for you to take anything he says at face value. By now I think most people should realise that. However, as Jim Emerson said in this review of the movie "FarenHYPE 9/11", essentially lightweight and by the sounds of it,
rather unintelligent conservative rhetoric, those who criticize Moore's work are
not necessarily right. There's plenty of information readily available online about
the election and the 2 candidates' policies if you only look for it. To those of you for whom
Michael Moore is the only source of information on American politics, here are a
few 'sample sites' you might want to try.

Firstly, the 2 candidates' official webpages. Bit of a no brainer :rolleyes:

www.georgewbush.com
www.johnkerry.com

Now, since I'm anti-Bush and somewhat pro-Kerry (I don't think much of him, but I still think he'll make a world of difference after the mess Bush made), here are a couple of pages which identify some of thing crap Bush has done.

Firstly.. much has been made of Senator Kerry's decision to vote for funding for the war, then withdraw his vote when the funding became deficit. I don't know how much damage the Republican sound bite 'flip-flop' would've done at the end, but for Bush to accusing Kerry of 'flip-flopping' reeks of hypocrisy.. sounds a bit like
John Howard and his 'the election will be about trust' tripe actually.

www.bush-flipflop.com
http://www.kanzeon.nl/doubt.html
http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=20041108&s=facts

Anyhow that's enough from me.. if you went to www.electoral-vote.com you'll see that Kerry is ahead, but has the barest of winning margins in the major swing states (Ohio and Flordia especially, Florida by 1 %). Fingers crossed Jeb doesn't mess with the votes again and hopefully we'll see Bush out of office real soon.

Interestingly, on Firefox at least, going to W's website gets me "Access Denied". Ironic.

Last edited:

SmokedSalmon

HSC
If I could, I would vote for Kerry. Is it not obvious that Bush is clearly an inarticulate uneducated fool? Has anyone not watched any of the three presidential debates?? Bush's performance was terrible, he didn't even make much sense half the time! He lied about there being weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, it makes me think what was the actual point of America's involvement in Iraq? Oil perhaps? And checking out the footage airing in America of Osama bin Ladin, who seems to be alive and fairly well, it is quite clear that Bush has not done a very good job on fighting terrorism.
Let us not forget that there is a possibility of him incorporating a 'draft' to recruit more soldiers for Iraq... but I suppose that notion could be political propaganda by the democrats. Same as the republicans taking Kerry's words out of context about his views on America's involvement in Iraq. I also do not support Bush's policies about him being against abortion, banning same sex marriages and not funding stem cell research.
What I find is, Kerry is the educated one, he is intelligent, articulate, and a great public debater. Although he is a catholic like Bush, he does not allow his own moral/religious views get in the way of politics.
Unfortunately I have a feeling Bush will win thanks to the elections being rigged (already problems occuring in Florida with missing ballot papers and people have been registered to vote in 2 places at once)... oh well, I suppose Hilary Clinton will be glad about the outcome if Kerry loses, because she then will be running for office in 2008.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
hmm, no comment Gough??? you're probably one of those "uber cool" 15 year olds who thinks it's cool to be anti-bush, even though you have no idea why you hate him.

Rorix

HSC
SmokedSalmon said:
If I could, I would vote for Kerry. Is it not obvious that Bush is clearly an inarticulate uneducated fool?
According to Bush's only taken/publicised intelligence test result (SAT), his IQ > Kerry's IQ. In fact, unless your UAI is 96+, Bush is smarter than you too. Perhaps you're making fun of a speech disorder? Why, that's noble of you.

He lied about there being weapons of mass destruction in Iraq
I and many inquiries disagree.

Oil perhaps?
No, Oil was the point of the 'OIL FOR FOOD' program, which was going quite strongly.

Let us not forget that there is a possibility of him incorporating a 'draft' to recruit more soldiers for Iraq
No, there's not.

but I suppose that notion could be political propaganda by the democrats.
Yes it is.

Same as the republicans taking Kerry's words out of context about his views on America's involvement in Iraq.
For example?

What I find is, Kerry is the educated one, he is intelligent, articulate, and a great public debater. Although he is a catholic like Bush, he does not allow his own moral/religious views get in the way of politics.
I'm pretty sure Bush isn't Catholic, but whatever.

Unfortunately I have a feeling Bush will win thanks to the elections being rigged
:rolleyes:

... oh well, I suppose Hilary Clinton will be glad about the outcome if Kerry loses, because she then will be running for office in 2008.
Rudy is winning in 2008, if he wants to run.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
SmokedSalmon said:
If I could, I would vote for Kerry. Is it not obvious that Bush is clearly an inarticulate uneducated fool? Has anyone not watched any of the three presidential debates?? Bush's performance was terrible, he didn't even make much sense half the time! He lied about there being weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, it makes me think what was the actual point of America's involvement in Iraq? Oil perhaps? And checking out the footage airing in America of Osama bin Ladin, who seems to be alive and fairly well, it is quite clear that Bush has not done a very good job on fighting terrorism.
Let us not forget that there is a possibility of him incorporating a 'draft' to recruit more soldiers for Iraq... but I suppose that notion could be political propaganda by the democrats. Same as the republicans taking Kerry's words out of context about his views on America's involvement in Iraq. I also do not support Bush's policies about him being against abortion, banning same sex marriages and not funding stem cell research.
Unfortunately I have a feeling Bush will win thanks to the elections being rigged (already problems occuring in Florida with missing ballot papers and people have been registered to vote in 2 places at once)... oh well, I suppose Hilary Clinton will be glad about the outcome if Kerry loses, because she then will be running for office in 2008.

sounds like somebody's a michael moore fan :rolleyes:

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
Rorix said:
According to Bush's only taken/publicised intelligence test result (SAT), his IQ > Kerry's IQ. In fact, unless your UAI is 96+, Bush is smarter than you too.
anyone who thinks the UAI is a good measure of true intelligence obviously got a high one.

Generator

HSC
N/A
It is a decent measure of intelligence. Hard work (and rote learning) may take you far, yet some degree of intelligence is required to achieve a high UAI.

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
Generator said:
It is a decent measure of intelligence. Hard work (and rote learning) may take you far, yet some degree of intelligence is required to achieve a high UAI.
true. but one of the smartest people i know got 91 last year, and a really average-ish girl i know got 96 (mostly from creative subjects).
book smarts, art smarts, political smarts...people are intelligent in different ways and your UAI measures few of these. dubya knows what he's doing in the business world and in the world of politics (you don't get an MBA and monogrammed towels in the White House for nothing) but he has trouble stringing a sentenec together, and that's what worries me. i just don't trust him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)