• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Anyone going to the UWS or USYD lectures on the holiday? (1 Viewer)

Clank_

HSC
Also, VERY SOON there are lectures at USYD for History (Ancient, Modern, and Extension) that are running next week, majority of schools attend so a couple of the days are full. These lectures are run by the HTA (History Teachers Association), and are very very worthwhile! Also the ETA (English Teachers Association) having a Modules lecture day at UTS coming up soon as well. I'm pretty sure any information regarding these days will be found on respective websites (HTA and ETA) if you guys want any more information.
I'm going to those history lectures as they were a reasonable price ($30) and are apparently quite good. On the other hand, I've heard that the ETA lectures are a waste of time and money ($50).

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Just a tad expensive there, plus my school usually runs outside tutorials for people at attend when they need some extra help of revision. I subscribed to TSFX mailing system, and they've all been very expensive over this year! Plus I only do English, Legal and Modern which they cover, so doesn't really benefit me for all my subjects.

Oh, there's also some lectures for English, Maths, Biology and Ancient coming up at Blacktown Libraries (a bit of a trek for some, I know it's like an hour for me -_-), but apparently they're good and they're not expensive at all!

Also, VERY SOON there are lectures at USYD for History (Ancient, Modern, and Extension) that are running next week, majority of schools attend so a couple of the days are full. These lectures are run by the HTA (History Teachers Association), and are very very worthwhile! Also the ETA (English Teachers Association) having a Modules lecture day at UTS coming up soon as well. I'm pretty sure any information regarding these days will be found on respective websites (HTA and ETA) if you guys want any more information.
The HTA lectures are crap.

Readaholic

HSC
Uni Grad
I'll be going to the ETA lectures this friday in my town and the HTA Ancient lectures at USYD on this Saturday.

jamesfirst

HSC
TSFX math vs UWS math ?

Which course should I attend ??? UWS is cheaper. But it's only for a day.

TSFX is 2 days but 50 bucks more expensive per day.

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
I'll be going to the ETA lectures this friday in my town and the HTA Ancient lectures at USYD on this Saturday.
In your town? Does that mean Newcastle? I thought the only decent lecturer was Karen Yager and that Guy that did his lecture on Gwen Harwood.

Readaholic

HSC
Uni Grad
Haha yeah it does. I agree with you on Karen Yager, all the lady who spoke on the speeches did was show us the rubric :(

EXPLODE

HSC
My teacher is one of the lecturers for modern history. He's quite keen on us getting good marks, giving us class essays all the time. I say, if you're struggling with modern, you should go to the lecture

I think I'll be attending legal studies and the one lecture on medical physics :)

in my opinion, it's not really pricey compared to other places..

Deathless

HSC
JUST GET A TUTOR.

TBH getting a tutor helped me more than any of those programs by TSFX, HTA, ETA, USYD, UWS etc etc... Those programs give good 'general' overviews but not much else. Great if you're from a non-selective school and struggling to pass but not if you want to get high B6. I attended the TSFX and a few others which our school brought us to. Waste of time. I was sleeping. I personally know many of the teachers lecturing at TSFX, HTA etc etc and I find them good teachers but the notes that the TSFX advertise is really shit. So are many of the other programs. I never read them after attending. Using the money to buy a study guide or getting a tutor in the school holidays would BE MUCH MORE BENEFICIAL. Programs like TSFX, HTA etc etc wasted my time, days in the holidays which I could have spent studying or at least enjoying myself... I hope they doesn't waste your time!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)