• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

yr 10 goin to yr 11 (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey guys would u hab any tips 4 me.. im in yr 10 goin to yr 11 nxt yea.. wot would u recommned me to study b4hand.. in yr 11 so i'll know some stuff..
i picked eco, buss,2 english (standard), IPT, accountin ( tafe ) and 2 unit maths.. ( mathematics..
yea.. well im doin yr 11 maths now.. but for the toehr subjects do i need to know stuff? before hand would it be benificial??

thanks guys
lilkiwicutie89

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
lilkiwicutie89 said:
hey guys would u hab any tips 4 me.. im in yr 10 goin to yr 11 nxt yea.. wot would u recommned me to study b4hand.. in yr 11 so i'll know some stuff..
i picked eco, buss,2 english (standard), IPT, accountin ( tafe ) and 2 unit maths.. ( mathematics..
yea.. well im doin yr 11 maths now.. but for the toehr subjects do i need to know stuff? before hand would it be benificial??

thanks guys
lilkiwicutie89
Eco, you don't have to but start to take an interest in what's happening in the Australian economy just by what you read in the papers (you might find it boring or you might develop an interest which will help you later)

Good on you for starting the maths now, that will definitely help. If you want to you can start early on any of those subjects just by looking at what is required in the y11 syllabus and borrowing some y11 textbooks having a quick read through it all.

HSC
heh^^ fans..
tho im still ot sure.. abt 2 unit maths.. cous i do itemmidae now
every1s lyk do 2 unit.. my teacher said to my class.. u all will struggle in 2 unit? im still conufesd?

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Good on ya

Economics and Business Studies Are the Two best subjects in the Universe. I am Topping Eco and coming 2nd in Business, and let me tell you it is the easiest 4 units in the HSC. Anyone can get a mark in the high 90's for these two sunbects. You have to make sure u always consolidate your work and Worship the syllabus like the Bible i think u get my point, anywayz i got tons of notes in my pc for prelim eco and business if u ever need any help then u can email me, zfarhan_1987@hotmail.com , and we'll see how things go......Good Luck in yr11...It's a bludge :) .....

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
lilkiwicutie89 said:
heh^^ fans..
tho im still ot sure.. abt 2 unit maths.. cous i do itemmidae now
every1s lyk do 2 unit.. my teacher said to my class.. u all will struggle in 2 unit? im still conufesd?
If you start now, you won't struggle I promise. You don't even have to do a lot, just put in 2 hrs a day. You will prove your teacher wrong :)

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
lilkiwicutie89 said:

thanks guys
lilkiwicutie89
tip 1 - learn to spell.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
dont mind jago he/she is just being mean to you lil coz your lil
you can probably spell just not type i always have that problem!
::p *love ya* mwah

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Are you a smart person? If your choosing economics and 2 Unit maths then you must be. Why aren't you doing advanced maths? You do know that you wont be able to get over a 80 by doing standard, don't you?

Economics is a good subject. I'm coming second in my year in it.

I did 2 Unit maths at the beginnig of the year. Compared to Intermediate, it is VERY VERY HARD. The stuff you are doing now is more like general...which I dropped down too. It is way easier and has more to do with everyday life.

Have fun!!!

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
dangerousdave said:
I really dont think you need to study anything beforehand. Relax and enjoy your holidays, dont waste it studying for prelim.
You're right but it's nice to see someone enthusiastic about it, anyways for maths it's always helpful to study beforehand. The more you do, the better you get... esp if you're going from intermediate to 2u it would definitely help starting early.

Raginsheep

HSC
Enjoy what sanity you will have while you can. While most people will say that the prelim course has nothing to do with the hsc course and therefore you shouldn't be bothered to study, the hsc course does build on what you have done in prelim so do some study to make sure that you're up to date, identify any areas of weaknesses you may have and develop good study habits so in yr 12, you don't have to try to work out how to study when assestments come up.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
*girl04* said:
dont mind jago he/she is just being mean to you lil coz your lil
you can probably spell just not type i always have that problem!
::p *love ya* mwah
don;'t mind girl04..she...needs no further introduction, just check out her ns thread.
'my name is not alisa, it's noose.'

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
horrors of horrors. I agree with *girl04* on this one. Jago was pathetic in being a smart arse and pointing out the writing. Geez, sif she's gonna write like that at school. She's just asking for advice and it's interesting that that was the only post Jago has made in this thread :rolleyes:
Yeah, *girl04* makes alot of stupid threads in NS, but she's actually being helpful here.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i have to agree - really, this is the last holiday you're going to get with nothing to do until after the hsc. don't waste it working. i wish i could have a holiday without schoolwork. :(

HSC
I just finished year 11, i regret not doing harder subjects and dropping down

i did year 10 advanced, so when they put my in mathematics, i seriously found very little similar, i dropped after first term due to my lazyness, but i regret doing so

if i was you, spent like 10min reading your pages work and summarise, 10 min each subject

year 11 is not piles of work, thats year 12

study hard for your exams, so you get used too it for year 12

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Sarah168 said:
horrors of horrors. I agree with *girl04* on this one. Jago was pathetic in being a smart arse and pointing out the writing. Geez, sif she's gonna write like that at school. She's just asking for advice and it's interesting that that was the only post Jago has made in this thread :rolleyes:
Yeah, *girl04* makes alot of stupid threads in NS, but she's actually being helpful here.
anyone who purposely type like that deserve to be mocked, don't care who you are.

petemuse

HSC
N/A
dont be like me and not take year 11 seriously and say stuff like "i will start serious studyingin year 12"

it dont work, you have to build up your habit now

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
petemuse said:
dont be like me and not take year 11 seriously and say stuff like "i will start serious studyingin year 12"

it dont work, you have to build up your habit now
So true, it was really tough for me in y12 cos I was such an ass in y11... Hmmm I was an ass till trials... damn.

petemuse

HSC
N/A
how do u think u went?
im struggling now so....well guess i better start studying but its nrealy holidays :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)