• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Writters Block (1 Viewer)

Fire_Hydra

ain't no other
HSC
Originally posted by Will_Sparky
3,300!!! HORRAH! well not really. I need another 1,700 by the end of the holidays to get a decent draft essay.

ERGH!!! Critical Response will be the Death of Me!
POETRY WILL BE THE DEATH OF ME..............(it wouldn't if i wasn't such a perfectionist......)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I'm now approaching 2,000. my main focus is getting my assessments done atm though, cause I've got one due the first day back and another that I'm going to have to devote all of week 2 to.

clerisy

HSC
I too am at a loss. Every time I sit in front of the computer ready to continue, I feel tired, decide to have a little catnap to refresh my mind and promptly fall asleep for several hours.

I've hit maybe 3000 words of my short story, but that's going to have to be revamped considering nothing's happened. I have no plot! My writing style is very character based; so though its not the purpose of my work more than it is my natural style, I tend/aim to explore character and emotion during ordinary experiences... I have recently come to accept however that 8000 words just of people thinking shall get somewhat dull.

So I'm stuck, and with a viva voce coming up where they want copies of my entire first draft to look at, I'm incredibly scared!

mayhemily

HSC
im good at organising my story, and getting inspired with structure, and setting, and characters. Even working out the ending... Im just not so great at sitting down and WRITING the damn thing.

Fire_Hydra

ain't no other
HSC
Originally posted by mayhemily
im good at organising my story, and getting inspired with structure, and setting, and characters. Even working out the ending... Im just not so great at sitting down and WRITING the damn thing.
no kidding!

I have the muse - but can't string the ideas into a decent poem!

OR not the patience to constantly refine and structure my ideas...

OR inspiration - but not on the topic i'm doing.......

so very frustrating....

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Argh, I'm with you on that one. I'm tempted to write mine as a narrative first to get it going. (Doing a script)

J

jhakka

I agree. I have a storyline going in my head, but I can't write it. If I can get something good going, I'll be able to continue, but it doesn't seem to be happening. :(

zerzillia

i get this too... urgh... i have weeks where i don't touch my journal at all.... depressing...

Fire_Hydra

ain't no other
HSC
Originally posted by zerzillia
i get this too... urgh... i have weeks where i don't touch my journal at all.... depressing...
...........same:( .............and days when i can't stop writing.......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)