• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Writers Block. (1 Viewer)

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
moffat said:
have u noticed most ppls short storys are all sad/dark/evil/depressing etc. is anyone actually doin a happy story..with a happy ending? and yeh.i too, am suffering from writers block.not that i can't write anything.just that i have no idea wot direction to go in..still dont have a plot...
i am... well, at least i think i am...
i'm not to sure just yet what it's going to turn out like.

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
last_chance said:
i hate reading -- i just think to myself in the time it takes to read a book i could have done so many other useful things. But there are some good books.
OMG!!! i think i would die if i didn't read! i also think i wouldn't really be much of a writer if i didn't.
i think that reading is one of the the most useful, interesting thing that i do. i don't think there are many other more useful things to do other then to immerse yourself into another world and see other peoples lives through another persons eyes.

get_born

PerfectByNature said:
OMG!!! i think i would die if i didn't read! i also think i wouldn't really be much of a writer if i didn't.
i think that reading is one of the the most useful, interesting thing that i do. i don't think there are many other more useful things to do other then to immerse yourself into another world and see other peoples lives through another persons eyes.
Its nice to read once in a while, but not to the extnt where you might drown yourself in a puddle of library books. :eek:

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
last_chance said:
Its nice to read once in a while, but not to the extnt where you might drown yourself in a puddle of library books. :eek:
i don't think i've ever drowned myself in a puddle of library books. i love to read and i read a whole lot but i never "drown" in books.
im kinda getting withdrawal symptoms right now cos i can't read much and so every book i do read i try to get as far into it as possible... so yeah...
i guess it just depends...
but i know i couldn't not read. there are some people who say they never read unless they have to - like for school or something- so no wonder they hate books, cos most of the books we get for school are shithouse. but if they read some really good books maybe they'd see what they're missing out on.
i don't know...

get_born

PerfectByNature said:
i don't think i've ever drowned myself in a puddle of library books. i love to read and i read a whole lot but i never "drown" in books.
im kinda getting withdrawal symptoms right now cos i can't read much and so every book i do read i try to get as far into it as possible... so yeah...
i guess it just depends...
but i know i couldn't not read. there are some people who say they never read unless they have to - like for school or something- so no wonder they hate books, cos most of the books we get for school are shithouse. but if they read some really good books maybe they'd see what they're missing out on.
i don't know...
nah i can see what you mean, and in most cases what you just said is true, but i think in the end it comes down to two facts... some people like reading while people like me just dont find it their main interest!

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
last_chance said:
nah i can see what you mean, and in most cases what you just said is true, but i think in the end it comes down to two facts... some people like reading while people like me just dont find it their main interest!
True, true.
are you actually doing a short story for your major work? or are you just in here checking it out?
i just don't really see how you could be into writing if you're not into reading... i don't know, that's just my opinion...

get_born

im doing a narrative poem. like you i find me not reading weird. i love writing i can tell you that much, and i do read alot of poetry, but i guess looking at a book freaks me out. I dont like them...put it this way when i was in primary while all the girls were taking babysiters club books home to read i was borrowing Aestrix and TinTin comic books from the school library. lol.
Maybe if i read i would become better in english, you never know, but im pretty good in english, and my marks are pretty good to.

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
i'm not upping you or anything, i was just wondering, i don't mind that you don't read its just me... i'm wierd... i love reading and sometimes i get really fanatical about it, like when the ninth book in this fantasy series came out at the beginning of this year, i nearly died cos it came out in America a whole month before it came here and i really really REALLY wanted to read it and i almost went crazy waiting and then i read it in like a day at school cos i couldn't wait to read it.
so don't worry about me, i get pretty fanatical about reading, i just love it, i love to get into a whole new world and experience something other than my own boring life for just a little while.
*grin*

get_born

*grins back* yeah you remind me of a couple of my friends. I always see them excited. Ask them what happened...its funny coz im expecting something huge...and then they tell me some book came in the library...everytime a new harry potter book comes out, the symntoms of book lovers kicks in...the world goes upside down for a while.

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
last_chance said:
*grins back* yeah you remind me of a couple of my friends. I always see them excited. Ask them what happened...its funny coz im expecting something huge...and then they tell me some book came in the library...everytime a new harry potter book comes out, the symntoms of book lovers kicks in...the world goes upside down for a while.
yeah, i get pretty excited about the Harry Potter books, i like them quite a bit, cos theyre and interesting an quick read for if i just want something to read for an hour or so... the books i was talking about before are the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind, they are sooo excellently good, and the ninth on Chainfire came out in Febuary over here.
but most of my friends are keen readers too which is good so we all go a bit crazy at the same time! hehe. i love it. and i cant wait for the 6th HP book i already ordered it from Dymocks. *grins again*

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
ooo i read sword of truth, i got up to the 6th one, then 7th just sort of went sidetrack so i stopped there =/

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
OOOH, no, you HAVE too keep reading.
i didn't like the 7th one that much either (1 and 6 are my faves... soo good!) and the 8th isnt as good as the others but then the 9th one is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!
you have to read on!

Rockchic

College Kid
HSC
Thanks guys!!!

Hey people i am back to view my thread i started ages ago when i was whinging about my english teacher and how incompetent he is. Thankyou so much for all your support, you made some very good points which i took onboard. i wrote regardless of what he said and now i have a story pushing 7000 words and i've almost finished it. and you know what? the teacher really likes it!! i stopped listening to what he told me that contradicted itsef a the time and went on my own way and it paid off.

Btw i think some of you mistook my teacher for a lady, he is actually a man... and he deffinatly isn't a teacher that gives your advice and when he does its bad.... but im getting there. Just getting ready for my viva voce!! EKKK...

Btw also one of you guys said something about living near hornsby? GO YOU! i ive in berowra!!

Thanks guys bye bye...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)