• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

would it matter if the guy/grl was a goth,prep,or nerd? (1 Viewer)

rumour

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I refuse to believe anyone on here likes people that wear those huge metal shoes, rubber vests, long leather jackets, all types of clown makeup, fucked up hair, cut their wrists all the time...
Why ?

slinky

A Very Important Member
HSC
N/A
rumour said:
maybe beacause there are other ppl out there who have a better dress sense, listen to better music, and are not always in a shitty mood

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I think it's partly goth, if you're a depressive son of a bitch, dye your hair black and listen to opeth you're a goth in my book.
No i would say ur a Metalhead, goths are into the occult, Satanists are an extension on this aand worship Satan, who true Satanist belive that the God in the Bible is actually Satan, and Satan is the Christian God

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Metalhead and goth are very close...
See there's the depressive factor, u can be into metal music and not be depressive.
True u can be into Metal and not be depressive, but that isn the only difference in Metalheads and goths, as i have already explained

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
WTF? Being a goth is pretty much about being depressed, and rebelling against ANYTHING.
Not to mention the clothes, some of them are good, some are utter shit

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Of course i don't think goths are in a constant state of depression :rolleyes:
but they like to convey that they are, like "life sux i wanna die", that sort of thing.

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
WTF? Being a goth is pretty much about being depressed, and rebelling against ANYTHING.
and you would know?

there's too much generalisation in everything. everyone is different.

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
but they like to convey that they are, like "life sux i wanna die", that sort of thing.
shrug. maybe that's just their way of getting attention. as like the bimbos who go 'omg, my hair is like so stuffed' but who aren't reallly like that. they just do it to fit in with their friends, or whatever

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Of course there are individual differences, but if you're a goth and you're not rebelling against social norms or being depressed you're just into goth fashion lol

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I have ment many like that but they arnt all the same, though there are alot that try and be the same, and also goths generally only date goths

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Being a goth, i think basically comes from the idea of 'individualism'. They want to be individuals, like sorta being a "hippie", however on the more depressive side.
I.e. some people believe that progressive change can be made through people power.
Others believe that changes to the world can't take place, so they just give up, fall into their little realm and sometimes turn depressive or whatever.

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
Of course there are individual differences, but if you're a goth and you're not rebelling against social norms or being depressed you're just into goth fashion lol
but that person would still be classed as a goth. and automatically judged as someone who is depressed or whatever without really being known, or even attempted to be known by some others. which sucks

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
Being a goth, i think basically comes from the idea of 'individualism'. They want to be individuals, like sorta being a "hippie", however on the more depressive side.
I.e. some people believe that progressive change can be made through people power.
Others believe that changes to the world can't take place, so they just give up, fall into their little realm and sometimes turn depressive or whatever.
i don't know. i can't really comment on that because i don't converse with many 'goths'. but i don't like how they're being judged harshly by some by their outer appearance

i hate stereotypes

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Well if you truely wanted to be an 'individual' or express yourself, you should come up with a new way to sell yourself... like seriously everyone knows what connotations come with wearing different styles of clothing.
What about people that wear average clothing? They're judged as just another average nobody too.
I'd get over the idea that everyone should know, understand, and love each other lol

Well my ex was fairly goth, like.. just a very depressive girl.
I don't really "converse" with many goths, and i doubt they'd get into too much about why they are the way they are, these are just observations from the media and my own first person observations..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)