• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

working the day be4 an exam (1 Viewer)

mm_d14

HSC
who thinks its suicide working the day before a major exam???

HSC
mm_d14 said:
nah not really.. i mean if u have studied progressively its not like the few hours ur at work is gunna make u blitz ur exam, yeah?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Depends how much study you have done before the exam and how many hours you are going to work. If you're going to work all day - don't do it. If it's a few hours and you're prepared for the exam, go ahead.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I wouldn't, personally - it'd disrupt my "examinating" frame of mind. but if you feel ok about it then go for it.

smegthehead

is chairman kaga
HSC
working all day before an exam is fine IMO if you are prepared. One thing I'd never ever do again is working all day with a mega bitch hangover. I almost barfed twice in front of customers last time.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
hell i done a night shift and then went to exam after a few hours sleep.

results? well i got money from work , all that matters

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
mm_d14 said:
Some of these posts make it sound like you can't do it.

I have been fairly prepared for exams and worked a few hours the day before them and it didn't effect my results - make sure you're prepared.

I'll come back to this thread in a week when I see if it has an effect this time around.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
ive done it a number of times, including for my trial. in some ways it was an advantage and in smoe ways a dissadvantage.

the advantage was that after a 4hour shift coming home i felt prtty tired. Because they were exams they started a bit later than normal so i got like 9 hours sleep and felt fantastic for those exams.

the downside is you have less time to cram and prepare the night before. the truth is that no1 is ever completely prepared as well as t hey could be and those exstra few hours could have helped. All in all though, working shows what type of person you are to future employees and/or university interviewers.

it comes down to working is your choice and it probably wont affect you all that much

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
when at work..i'm only doing a half-assed job..so if i worked before an exam..i'd be feeling really guilty bout not using the time spent staring into space at work, at home studying instead

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)