• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

will i achieve my atar goal of ~70? (2 Viewers)

neuvie

HSC
hey so ive gotten most of my trial marks back, and ranks have somewhat gone up/stayed the same i guess but they're still really really bad and its not looking bright for me.
after entering my trial marks into an atar calculator, it gives me an estimated 53 atar

here are my subjects and trial marks as well as trial rank if applicable
english advanced 56/100 mark, 52/61 rank
maths advanced no mark/rank yet
physics 38/100 mark, rank not known
chemistry 61/100 mark, 10/34 rank
food technology 72.5/100 mark, 3/26 rank

here are my cumulative ranks as far as i know, as well as other task ranks that i know of
english advanced 61/61 (assessment task 2), but got 55/61 rank for assessment task 3
maths advanced 40/54 (assessment task 2)
physics 20/27 (assessment task 2), got 20/27 for assessment task 3
chemistry 9/36 (assessment task 2), but got 14/36 task rank for assessment task 3
food technology 16/26 (assessment task 2), but 2/26 task rank for assessment task 3

obviously 85 is too unrealistic of a goal, at this point i would just like to make it into a decent university to get something done with my life. very preferably uts but i guess wsu isnt the worst starting point.
would an atar of 70-75 still be somewhat attainable? youre welcome to ask me questions for further clarification :punch:
right now physics and english is definitely the worst for me, im trying to cover most of the physics formulas at least as well as have some idea of the theory content before the exam, and for english im struggling most with mod b.

spiderfan44

HSC
im going to point out that i think you should also put some emphasis on food tech. food tech has really bad scaling, a 74 scales down to a 34.6. moderation will also fuck you up a ton for foodtech, if you were able to rank 3rd with 72.5, youll get dragged down a ton by assessment task 2. getting a 70 could be possible if you make a 360 for hsc, but i think you honestly should start making a back up plan. you should start looking into ways to get into uni without an atar or VET

neuvie

HSC
im going to point out that i think you should also put some emphasis on food tech. food tech has really bad scaling, a 74 scales down to a 34.6. moderation will also fuck you up a ton for foodtech, if you were able to rank 3rd with 72.5, youll get dragged down a ton by assessment task 2. getting a 70 could be possible if you make a 360 for hsc, but i think you honestly should start making a back up plan. you should start looking into ways to get into uni without an atar or VET
im considering uts pathways right now, im not completely sure on what to do atp because i dont want to waste any more time and money on just trying to get into uni in the first place :(
and of course everyone is trying to make an academic comeback right now so not much will change, im not confident at all that i can turn it around for myself especially in phys and eng.

katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC

neuvie

HSC
instead of putting your trial marks into a regular atar calculator, use carrotsss atar calculator. this is more accurate because this uses your raw marks whereas others use hsc marks which have been aligned and moderated. here’s the link: https://boredofstudies.org/threads/how-to-calculate-your-atar-from-trial-past-paper-marks.404596/
thank you very much! i put in my chem phys eng and assumed a maths mark of 50 but its still giving a 60 atar which is disappointing but i guess is realistic as to how ill do :(

katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC
thank you very much! i put in my chem phys eng and assumed a maths mark of 50 but its still giving a 60 atar which is disappointing but i guess is realistic as to how ill do :(
that’s because you need to include 10 units, not 8, otherwise it’ll give a much worse atar.

e8zks

HSC
remember adjustment points, if u r rural u can get a few, and some unis give a few if u get a certain band.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)