• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Who has seen the movie Training Day? (1 Viewer)

IMABOYDAMON!

Banned
HSC
This movie is absolutely brilliant. If ever you feel like watching a top movie, go for Training day. Anyone who has seen the movie, what was your favourite scene?

Alonzo: [on the phone talking to Smiley] Make sure that bathtub is clean, homey.
[Jake gets in car]
Alonzo: It behoves you not to dick around on this one. Justifiable homicide in the line of duty? What happened was...
Jake: What happened was murder... and armed robbery. Wait, we had badges, so it's different?
Alonzo: Open your eyes, son. Can't you see?
Jake: That man was your friend, and you killed him like a fly.
Alonzo: Why is he my friend, because he knows my first name? Roger sold dope to kids. The world is a better place without him. This man was the biggest major violator in Los Angeles. This is the game. I'm playing his ass. That's my job. That's your job. I watched that cocksucker operate with impunity for over 10 years, and now I got him. The shit's chess, it ain't checkers. What, we all of a sudden gonna roll up in a black-and-white? Come on, man, take the money.
Jake: I told you, I'm *not* gonna take that money.
Alonzo: All right, burn it, barbecue it, fish-fry it, I don't give a fuck. But the boys'll feel better about it.
Jake: *Fuck* their feelings.
Alonzo: You're not making them feel like you're part of the team.
Jake: The team? You guys are fuckin' insane. All right, I'll go back to the Valley. I'll cut parking tickets. Why does it have to be this way?
Alonzo: I'm sorry I exposed you to it, but it is. It's ugly, but it's necessary... Sometimes you gotta have a little dirt on you for anybody to trust you.

That was my favourite by far, when they bust into the drug dealers house and Jake starts to have moral dillemas

SpoonSamba

HSC
NOWAY! like it wasn't a BAD movie but it was just so horrible! and like violent! and just unhappy i was thoroughly depressed about the state of the world after this movie.

IMABOYDAMON!

Banned
HSC
SpoonSamba said:
NOWAY! like it wasn't a BAD movie but it was just so horrible! and like violent! and just unhappy i was thoroughly depressed about the state of the world after this movie.
You're kidding me right?

wasn't it awesome the way that justice was brought onto Alonzo (the dodgy cop)?

Not to mention Eva Mendez's bit at the end! HELLO!

HSC
its up there in my all time top 5 favourite movies. my favourite part has to be the initial meeting between alonzo and hoight. the mind games and stuff that alonzo plays. denzel washington deserved the academy award he won for it.

HSC
IMABOYDAMON! said:
You're kidding me right?

wasn't it awesome the way that justice was brought onto Alonzo (the dodgy cop)?

Not to mention Eva Mendez's bit at the end! HELLO!

You've got mad squabbles, boy.
My nigga, my nigga.

I own a copy of this awesome movie.

My favourite scene was near the end when Hoyt and Alonzo had a final showdown in front of the Damu.

Alonzo: You gonna bust your cherry killing a cop? You know what you get for that, Jake? The gas chamber. You know what the gas chamber smells like? Pine oil. I'ma send you to a pine oil heaven. I'ma get get that gun and I'ma get that money, and you ain't gon' do shit 'cause you ain't gon' shoot a cop in the back

I think Dirty was a cheap rip-off of this film.

Last edited:

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Enjoyed it. Have it. Great movie.

But it's way old now.

American Gangster has replaced this movie for me now.

OP: Yeah, catch up mang.

IMABOYDAMON!

Banned
HSC
blue_chameleon said:
Enjoyed it. Have it. Great movie.

But it's way old now.

American Gangster has replaced this movie for me now.

OP: Yeah, catch up mang.
To be honest, I thought American Gangster was rubbish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)