• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Who feels they have done nothing... (1 Viewer)

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
I personally think we haven't done as much as we should have, and so i have decided to start teching it to myself, any one else like this?

itadakimus

procrastinator
HSC
Yeah.. in class we've talked and stuff but I still feel like we're going over one lesson's worth of work over and over =/ But most students say my teacher's a good one so I think I'll trust that she's taking us somewhere =]

same person

HSC
Maybe becuase it's only a one unit subject...but I always have this feeling that I never have the class and I never do any work!

But I guess, we'll have to wait and see...

alexmartinek

HSC
i feel like i havent learnt anything yet...is anyone alse studying crime writing for ext 1?

rawdevil1992

HSC
omg i feel the same way

my teacher tells us that he's gonna email us about choosing a related text last term

that email never came through lmaoo

we're fucked.

alexmartinek

HSC
whats the deal then? why have the majority of ext 1 teachers decided not to teach like they should?

LordPc

HSC
I had a poor teacher for my first several weeks of EE1. We did barely anything in class or at home. Didnt even get any assignments or read/watch the prescribed texts

But then I got a new teacher and things changed. there is a lot to cover in ee1 if u are doing it right, many angles and things to think about. We moved through the work quite quickly as our previous teacher had wasted so much time. we just barely finished our last prescribed text in time for exams

So if you have a crappy teacher you should go ahead and read/watch your prescribed texts and some related texts by yourself so that if your teacher picks up thier game, you will be ahead of the class with a chance of a decent mark, instead of lagging behind.

jiey2k

JEAHHH BOIIIII
HSC
i didnt do anything for the 2 years id di ee1, for me it wa s aself learning experience, and since i did a easy crime fiction module; ext eng felt so comfortable i didnt even go to the classes. Im not trying to boast, what im saying is dw if uve felt like uve done nothing, ure assessment marks will reflect that and usually u get better and better as the year progresses.

o i got 45/50 for ee1 not that good, but good for self teaching.. i guess it depends on ure module for ee1.. maybe, only did crime fiction

jennieTalia

HSC
I personally think we haven't done as much as we should have, and so i have decided to start teching it to myself, any one else like this?

EE1 is easy... but a lot of it is about independent learning, and working outside the classroom.

Just remember, once you have a well-written, adaptable story... you've already got down half of your HSC exam :D.

Research is the most time-consuming, but often the most rewarding part of the subject. It is very important to research and read widely to create an authentic style within your own creative, and to know exactly what to respond to in your essay.

I found that in class we seemed to discuss rather than work, and just chat A LOT. Mainly becuse there were just the two of us. Tangents was the most fun part. We both got E4s, non-selective school. And without external tutoring.

georgefren

HSC
English extension one is the easiest subject in the hsc.

Partly because you can do the creative by yourself, check it off by the teacher as much as you like, and by the end get at min. 24/25 without effort.

And secondly, you'll feel like youve done nothing, but you'll have achieved a greater understanding of the module. which is more important in EE1 than studying the actual texts: because most marks are allocated in your essay for the links between texts and module focus than on pure textual dissection.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
the thing is were doing language and gender and its kinda hard to do when its so stupid area, in the end it simple but its very very tedious and you can't focus on gender or on language and you cannot make it sound like a piece of lunguistic crap. And if your teacher hardly ever reads anything you give to him (BTW makes ee2 annoying in a way) but i'm just going to luck it out and jsut do what i think is right

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
English Extension 1 is sort of a bludge for me, sure I complete the homework and do pretty well but I don't really do much else at home like with my other subjects.
I don't know how you can teach yourself English though??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)