• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Who Didn't Go To Their Formal? (2 Viewers)

HSC
Dimsimmer said:
I didnt go to my formal because i felt that i didnt get along well with the guys in my grade and plus i hadn't made any good friends at school. I found it annoying when those guys were asking me if i was going to the formal and when i answered 'no', they asked why. So i just made up false reasons such as, i didnt have a date, i didnt have the money or im going overseas. I dont think they would care if i turned up or not.
I didn't go to my formal for pretty much the same reasons as you. I moved to an all girls school at the end of Term 1 in Year 11 and didn't fit in that well. I came from a co-ed school which I had been in since Year 7 so it was pretty tough. I hated all the girls asking 'Oh why aren't you coming to the formal?' It drove me insane, I felt like slapping them sometimes :eek: and I didn't have any good excuses. I used the 'I didn't have a date' excuse too, cos I didn't feel like going to a formal without a date was right (that's just me).
Also I'm reaallly shy. :shy: :shy: :shy:

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
lol

i think in girl schools, formals r so superficial. no offence, but we have people in our school getting blind dates.. =@

(omfg. no more girl school for me!! O_O)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
mitsui said:
lol

i think in girl schools, formals r so superficial. no offence, but we have people in our school getting blind dates.. =@

(omfg. no more girl school for me!! O_O)
So how did these blind dates happen? Where did they get their guys from?

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
DeathB4Life said:
mine is in 3 days and im not planning on going.

3-4 hours of standing around chatting about random stuff in a +$200 suit aswell as $100 tickets. honestly i dont see what the big deal is. after 6 years of being with the year group i dont think ill be missing much in those few hours besides everyone attempting to be get drunk.

also i have the a strong belief that most people turn into dickheads and try to act hard when dressed up on special occasions. instead im planning on spending the night out at the movies with 2 mates who also dont plan on going.
you sound boring.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
I didn't go to my Year 10 formal, didn't mean the end of school for me ... I will go to my Year 12 formal though, but I need to find good formal suits for no more than 120 bucks.

karoooh

HSC
LottoX said:
Aww, I didn't go to my Year 10 formal, so I needed to experience this one.
Me too.

I was slightly excited, but overall, it wasn't that big a deal to me. And I kind of don't care that I won't see most people anymore, so seeing them one last time wasn't the reason for going. It was partially, to get my beautiful red shoes and wear them out. <333

I don't regret going, but wouldn't have really cared if I didn't.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
f3nr15 said:
I didn't go to my Year 10 formal, didn't mean the end of school for me ... I will go to my Year 12 formal though, but I need to find good formal suits for no more than 120 bucks.
and a good camera phone to secretly take photos of chicks with? :rolleyes:

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
shinji said:
i looked fine eh? ;) ;)
wanna hook up?! :p haha

@bobness : u must love to hate me eH? haha
No just people who don't type in english.

You seem ok though otherwise, fob ;)

Wackedupwacko

HSC
XcarvengerX said:
No formal organised by my school... ever...
yay or nay?
since when were formals organised by schools :confused: i thought it was always the students that organise it and schools have nothing to do withit other than having its name used

L

littlewing69

Wackedupwacko said:
since when were formals organised by schools :confused: i thought it was always the students that organise it and schools have nothing to do withit other than having its name used
We raised money and organised ours on our own.

HSC
Yeah I couldn't care less if I didn't see teh people from my grade again. Maybe that's because I'm a cold, unfeeling bitch. meh. who knows?

Last edited:

Sam.

bored.
HSC
Two of our formals (Yr 10 and 12) were organised by us. For Year 11 we had our Deb Ball, which the school organised. Year 12's also get to go to the Year 11 Deb.

All of our formals were awesome, particularly the Deb that our year went to this year. We had so much more fun than the Year 11's themselves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)