• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

When should you start studying. (1 Viewer)

dionb2014

HSC
If you want to get around 98 should you start studying in year 10 or year 11. not sure :S

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
If you want to get around 98 should you start studying in year 10 or year 11. not sure :S
Year 10 - get some year 11 books or in maths get a copy of 1st year uni Calculus text (James Stewart or Thomas & Finney or whoever) and look at them as a matter of curiosity. If some topics strike your fancy explore further into it. Before long you'll have a great deal of additional knowledge, at a higher level, not necessarily perfect or correct. Hopefully this will fire up an interest and develop a skill in self-study. Soon you'll have a lot of tentative knowledge of Prelim Yr work. You go on from there. With the head start you won't need to do foolish and harmful all-nighters like many HSCers are now doing. You will be ahead and confident and relaxed. No "oo I'm stressing, boo I'm going to be screwed in my trials etc" for you. Don't listen to those saying:" don't worry about prelim yr work; relax until you begin HSC work."

When reading new and more advanced material you may at first be completely lost. Don't worry. If, at first you do not succeed, try and try again - as the saying goes.

I take it you want to do well right?

Last edited:

Skyzor

HSC
Year 10 - get some year 11 books or in maths get a copy of 1st year uni Calculus text (James Stewart or Thomas & Finney or whoever) and look at them as a matter of curiosity. If some topics strike your fancy explore further into it.

X2, I did this for ancient history and now in yr 12 it paid off big time. Doesn't have to be intense study just get to know your syllabus and general content.

HSC
Uni Grad
i think the holidays before year 12 trials is a great time to start, that's what i'm doing, we'll see how it works out lol

VicariousLife

HSC
I spend about 30minutes the night before an exam... I still get around 80% from doing no work whatsoever. So anytime in which you feel comfortable with. I'm a lazy fuck and I could probably do about 10x better if i actually cared. Ehh ;/

Psychology

HSC
To ask that question is a prime giveaway of a procrastinator. Welcome to the club.

dionb2014

HSC
Yeah maybe your right. I'm in year 9 now and doing accelerated math so by year 10 i will be doing the year 11 math course and so forth. Just going to study.

dionb2014

HSC
Thanks heaps. I will do that. Im starting year 11 math next year anyway but im only in year 9. Thanks heaps for your help. I'll know who i owe it to when i get 98+. cheers.
Oh right I probably going to do:
Ext 2 math
chemistry
biology
economics
advanced english

Last edited:

HanHan93

HSC
I'm currently in Year 12 and found it really hard to get into a set study routine. We have only just completed the last of our assignments so now is ideal to get right into studying but if i could go back to the start of Year 12 i would definitely study right from the word go! Trials are about a week away and i'm so behind in study/trying to sort out summaries etc definitely left it too late!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)