• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

When can year 10's legally leave school this year? (1 Viewer)

gleeek

HSC
I have heard a lot of 'you can leave after the sc, because then there's no point in staying at school'. But then there's people saying that you should stay...

Basically, my question is when can year 10's get let out of school legally?

I want to start preparing for year 11 so I don't want to waste my time aimlessly at school for the last 4-5 weeks or so.

Thanks in advance.

fiesycal

HSC
Lol... preparing for year 11. The only reason not to be in school after SC is to bludge with your friends at the beach or someone's house. Trust me enjoy the time after school cert it's one of the best times of high school. You don't need to prepare for year 11 in year 10. But if you're adamant you want to leave it till the summer holidays. Omg please take my advice lol, don't waste your precious time preparing for year 11 just have as much fun as you can. Also technically you can't leave till you're 17 now. So to answer your question, not until the school year is over.

Last edited:

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Depends on your school, our school let us sign out right after the computers exam which was on a friday (and yeah it's good to get a head start on year 11 if you're bothered).

Otherwise, I've heard week 8 of this term you're allowed if your school doesn't let you out earlier.

michaeljennings

HSC
yeah post SC is really really really fun, dont waste time getting started on year 11. year 11 isnt even a big deal

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Although you are still expected to come to school, some people end up not coming...
If you want to do some work for preparation for Year 11, why not just do it in school?

Like my Maths teachers allows my class to do any maths related stuff like tutor homework or independent maths work. If you any bludgy classes, use them as Year 11 preparation work classes?

If you're doing science, you can ask your science teacher to cover some basic Year 11 work after the SC?

But yeah, there's alot you can do at school if you use every single minute wisely.

But, don't overdo it because this is our last year of relaxing!

zombies

HSC
You can't 'legally' get out of school, like you are supposed to attend. Depends on your school I guess, some probably wouldn't mind if you turned up. But what you could do (and what I'm going to do since I'm at a private school and they're pretty strict on all that..) is just get your parents to write up a note excusing you from school because you're going overseas on holidays :D I think that would be a pretty legit excuse and the school can't really say 'no' to that lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)