• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

When are uni offers released? (1 Viewer)

Maximus

Decimus Meridius
HSC
Before you say anything, I realise this year's UAI's aren't even out yet, so it won't be any time soon, but still, I got my UAI last year so all that is really relevant to me is the uni offers stage. Does anyone know the exact date they are released?

nodule51

HSC
UAI and Offers

The UAi is posted on the UAC website on Saturday at 9:00am, but in previous years they have opened it earlier - about 8:00am, so try then.

According to the UAC guide, the offer rounds are :

Preliminary round 4 Jan
Main round 18 Jan
Late round 1 Feb
Final round 8 Feb ... all 2006 :)

Maximus

Decimus Meridius
HSC
Thanks for the offer round dates.

But like I said, this year's UAI release is irrelevant to me. Took my HSC last year, got a UAI of 84.7, did one semester of a dodgy course this year, and if you have completed less than one year of uni you need to apply through UAC again.

kaitoufion

HSC
Depending on whether you've completed Semester 2 in Uni yet.

If you have NOT, you would be concentrating on Main Rounds & onwards. Just exactly like when you did your HSC last year.

However if you HAVE completed Semester 2, it will be 50% of your UAI & 50% of your 1st year's result. In this case, you would be concentrating mainly on the Preliminary Round (Sometimes Main Round too but usually only Preliminary Round).

This is what I found out from Uni because I am currently a 1st year student.

enva

HSC
N/A
For current university students the application via uac to gain entry into uni seems abit vague. Some say 50% uai 50% uni gpa for 1 full year. However i was informed that, at least for Newcastle university u only need to have completed .25 of an academic year. I hope the UAC clarify the requirments when i contact them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)