• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What's your opinion (1 Viewer)

Is the Belvoir St upgrade a viable option for theatre in Sydney?

• Yes

Votes: 14 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

drama_god

just for fun... it's a way to express myself... i usually do it crocked... i think better then... i like the way u accepted the poem tho... for me, it makes me smile wen reading it - imagining all that's happening... but at the end when you realise it isn't happening - i feel really cut down... makes me want somebody there... somebody to share everything with... AHHHH!

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
haha. watta romantic.. you were born in the wrong era my friend!
yes, the feeling of wanting someone there, to hold you , to hug, to keep you safe and warm..... but then what?
you see, this is my opinion.is it like, or is it just lust? - i wont even touch love coz i think its just overrated!
one of the big reasons why poetry like that exists is coz your imagining right? dreaming, fantasizing.it makes you smile to day dream.you know? like before you go to bed.. your dreaming of arms being wrapped around your waist with that feeling of security.just falling back/into arms that welcome you.
yeh, thats all great stuff, but they're all dreams. i mean... oh... its the whole anticipation thing. you want something, but havent quite got it yet... its the thrill of the chase. the wondering of "what if?".... you know, you dream and you fantasize, you aim for something-talking bout relationships here!- you do the whole flirty thing.. then. you finally have them! they're within your reach!........
now what?
its over. all things come to an end anyway. sometimes i find it pointless to start something that will end up breaking your heart. i know im probably just being ignorant in this whole relationship thing.. but why bother? its good to dream, to imagine.. it makes you smile.....
but its reality that hurts...

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
I agree aLeeOh, but I don't think love is overrated. I think it is absolutetly amazing. The way someone can u make u feel inside, is like the most fantastic thing in the world. Who cares about anything, as long as u r loved by someone who u love. The butterflies in the tummy....the nice shivers down ur back....the weak knees....the way u crumble under his/her touch...the sweet kisses...those special glances that u never ever forget....all these things that although u try to erase from the caverns of ur mind, they never EVER go away.

Trust me. :)

cmaddogz

Maddogz Productions
HSC
yes, yes you did ramble on... your new name is: RABLOR, LORD OF THE RAMBLE... From now on, you have to include the word RAMBLE in every post... RAMBLE RAMBLE RAMBLE... haha... do it, i DARE you! DOUBLE dare you!

I dunno tho aL... in all seriousness, if we can't "love" - then what are we here for? I have so many different opinions on what life is all about, but to put them into text in a way you can comprehend, i don't think it's that possible... However, with all that said.... I do have an opinion on love... Love for me is a four letter word: PEMS... My best friend and I came to the conclusion of what love is via PEMS... It's an acronymn for those things which classify what "true" love really is... I'll explain it, or try to...

P = Physical...
You have to have a physical attraction to your opposite, otherwise your relationship will never be complete - you'll never be 100% happy with you partner...

E = Emotional...
You have to be emotionally connected to your partner, otherwise you will never have enough compassion to care 100% for your partner, hence not having "true" love....

M = Mental...
You have to be able to think about your partner, and say CONFIDENTLY to yourself "I really do love this person"... You have to have involuntary thoughts of the person... You have to be able to have no control over what is occuring in your brain relating to your partner...

S = Spiritual...
You need to be able to connect "spiritually" with your partner... This may seem weird/awkward to explain/comprehend... But you need to be on the same "wavelength". You need to be able to finish your partners sentences because you know the "real" them - the "inner" them (no guys, i don't mean THAT "inner").

I'm not sure how well i explained my thoughts, probably not very well - but hey, at least i tried... I've been through many relationships (no bragging rights), but enough to realise that in every one of them i may have had 1, 2 or maybe 3 of the 4 attributes, but never all 4... I also believe, that "love" is not exclusive... You can love more than one person - however the chances of finding two or more people who you love equally as your partner are about 1 in 975,000,000... My best friend and i came up with this figure as we reckon you can love (as a partner, on average) between 1 and 7 people in the world... However, the diversity of the world is such that you never are going to meet all of these partners... They could be in Rawanda, Fiji, Indonesia, Iraq - anywhere in the entire globe, but i don't believe any human being can physically cross such a large land space to have met more than 2 "true" loves... Ahh, this is all getting to complicated to explain! I dunno if this makes any sense, but yeah... I tried...

aL - your thinking is vaguely familiar to me - i look at the studies i did on Absurdism and from that, existentialism... I dunno if it's the right route to take with your thoughts - its all very pessimistic... You can't succeed without optimism, perserverance and hard-work... Work at finding the right person, and you will... Have believe aL - you'll find the right one... We all will, it's our fate, our destiny... We have no control of it - get on the rollercoaster and let go - don't worry bout what happens, just let it happen... Take each day as it comes... Oh well, i've rambled on for too long, i should be deemed Jester to RAMBLOR, KING OF THE RAMBLE... Okay - back to work... Ciao!

cmaddogz

Maddogz Productions
HSC
Originally posted by grk_styl
I agree aLeeOh, but I don't think love is overrated. I think it is absolutetly amazing. The way someone can u make u feel inside, is like the most fantastic thing in the world. Who cares about anything, as long as u r loved by someone who u love. The butterflies in the tummy....the nice shivers down ur back....the weak knees....the way u crumble under his/her touch...the sweet kisses...those special glances that u never ever forget....all these things that although u try to erase from the caverns of ur mind, they never EVER go away.

Trust me. :)
ahh - you understand... :) thank gawd for that :D

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
lol I'm just getting over someone, so those feelings are still pretty fresh. Whether someone's hurt u or not, those feelings still make u feel good inside, except u just realise how much u miss them and how much u want them back.

kalinda

HSC
Originally posted by grk_styl
butterflies in the tummy....the nice shivers down ur back....the weak knees....the way u crumble under his/her touch...the sweet kisses...those special glances that u never ever forget....
sounds like you should be writing a mills and boon jems ;)

cmaddogz

Maddogz Productions
HSC
awww, grky... its okay.. i know how you feel... if you really want to feel rejected go put on eamon - f*ck it (I don't want you back)... that's such a great song.. Says what men have been thinking for years... It's such a simple song... and so great coz at the start he sets it up to be some gay boy-band love song, then shatters that with the chorus... haha - i love it... but my sympathy is with you champ... i hate the feeling of loneliness... :'(

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
lol Yeh, it's a great song. Stupid bitch for hurting him. Except I think it's a gimmick - hear the rebuttal to his song? "F*ck you right back" (FURB). lol

The feeling of loneliness is pretty sucky. Body to body contact is amazing. And I don't mean that necessarily in a naughty way, there's other great ways of body to body contact.

Originally posted by kalinda
sounds like you should be writing a mills and boon jems ;)
Ahh no way. lol I suck at creativity.

cmaddogz

Maddogz Productions
HSC
the rubuttal is gay - the chick that sings that is doing it coz she thinks it's about her - which it isn't... stoopid hoe...

and i can't agree more on the whole body to body contact... ahh, man - im the most sensitive person ever.... skin on skin - GARH! so good.... i crumble at the thought of it...

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
lol me too!!! Hands are just amazing body parts. As much as this topic is great, we need to change it, coz I'm missing a certain someone that I shouldn't miss. GRRRR

Eyes are another amazing thing...

kalinda

HSC
i love eyes
i think eyes make the person
cause alot of the time u can tell so much from them
or nothing at all

cmaddogz

Maddogz Productions
HSC
a smell will get me... the smell of a girl... ahhh, gawddam! nothing like the sweet aroma of a good-looking girl!

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
haha. now whos rambling?!?!?!
and im sorry for being so pessimestic... its just... well carson and grk, im not denying that what your both trying to explain-you especially carson!- isnt true.. i know it is.
dont think i havent felt shivers down my spine or trembled at the knees whenever a certain someone walks by...
HOWEVER.... its not the whole existentialism thing im coming from.. you see, i dont think i explained my opinion on this realtionship thing properly...... im coming more from a ... dreamer's veiw?
look, personally, i love to dream. to daydream, to fantasize... and i know in a way its bad because its not real.... but thats what draws me to it in the first place! and its so enticing to just foget reality and stay completely within this make believe realm-i guess thats why ive often been described as "creative"- anyway... my point is...
when you like someone, but havent quite got them yet..... you tend to fantasize.... what if this, what if that.. if they show signs of liking you back.... EVEN BETTER!!! im sure you all know the feeling.... you both know theres this connection between you two. this emotional tension full of unanswered lust which threatens to burst at any fragile moment between you two.... your just so close... the brushing of their hand accidently against yours.... holding eachother's gaze from across the room, no words are spoken... yet a million thoughts are running through your mind and a million more little butterfiles are swarming within your stomache..
thats exciting. thats.. like an emotional adrenalin rush.. this is what i think is the best.
what im saying is... have you ever had this wonderful dream. of a moment filled with the best feeelings. the atmosphere was phenomenal, everywhere you turned you wanted to smile... it was just so magical. then it ends.
the moment has passed.
and its back to reality.
okai, another eg. novels. or even movies. like ever after. its sweet . it makes you want to cry with delight andhappiness as it ends in the romantic happily ever after ending we all want.
imagine if they made a movie about "ever after.. the after part"?...
look, i still dont know if ive explained at all! im just RAMBLING ON AGAIN.(x3 carson!i think)
i feel for you grk grl. im sorry if im making things worse.... i guess its coz i dont really attach myself like that. or i dont allow myself to, so i dont really feel that loneliness.
haha. rambling on again(x4!)..... maybe we should just agree to disagree. even though im not necessarily disagreeing with all you say!
i'll just stay in my lil dreamworld... and when reality comes and bites you all the arse. i'll be here to support ya!

cmaddogz

Maddogz Productions
HSC
you explain it perfectly... i sum it up in a four word sentence: "calm before the storm"... the moments of unknown knowing... ahh, i live for it... i love it... it's so good, yet so frustrating.. and i have had that amazing dream of everything being perfect - but then we come back to reality and realise there is more to life than perfection... garh, so frustrating... but yeah, i agree that we should agree to disagree (in a roundabouts sorta way)... haha

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
haha. a truce..... at least SOMEONE has shown a sign that im totally not wrong!
you know, even if its not perfect... it just that feeling of excitement.anticipation....haha. maybe im just too guycrazy to commit myself to anything solid... pah! we're all still young.. and my goal.. to party till im 55! then i'll consider having a bf

cmaddogz

Maddogz Productions
HSC
haha - heck, you'll be experienced with one night stands... but not with having a bf - you'll be screwed!!! hahaha... oh well... the way i look at it is: practice makes perfect... and the way you practice at relationships is to not hold back - give it your all... however tiring and time-consuming it may be, just do it... (nike commercial here)... haha.... like you say: we're still young - so i say make the most of it...

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
yep you're all right. BTW loved the Nike commercial remark. lol I get exactly what ur saying aLeeOh. I get what ur both saying, and it sux that these dreams and that cant be turned into reality. Don't they say 'dare to dream'? So we should! (as much as it does hurt sometimes)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
It's pretty amazing how sometimes we really crave the opposite sex. Like I became quite critical of the male species coz I had been hurt so badly, but afterwards I realised that we can't live with or without the opposite sex. Examining how humans behave is seriously one of my favourite things to do. And just those little things I mentioned before like skin on skin contact for example is really something we all need.

Many times (like aLeeOh said) we've all had those wonderful dreams we think are so real, and sometimes they are real life, but then reality comes crushing in on our illusions and we're left to ponder what exactly occurred.

I hate false moves....like when you've had that special glance, or the touch of hands, and you've felt something so incredible, but it was just pure accident for the other person. If he/she doesn't feel it, then their really not worth your feelings. Yes, easier said than done, but you can't make someone love you, and everyone deserves to love and be loved in return. It really is the greatest thing in the world.

aLeeOh, I've taken over ur job of rambling....i'm tired, I should just sleep. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)