• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Whats this thing about flexible first year Engineering being 'dangerous'? (1 Viewer)

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Whats this thing about flexible first year Engineering being 'dangerous'? Can anyone fill me in on how specific subject choices will end up in a year 'wasted'? When is the first time I have to finalise my major choice without dooming myself? Thanks

LordPc

HSC
the thing is that some streams of engineering have some courses that you should be taking in 1st year. putting them off till 2nd year (which you will probably do if you are are doing flexible) so it kind of puts you behind the ball compared to students who have already chosen their major. i believe Uncle got screwed by this cause he was unaware of it

you choose your major after the 1st year if you are doing flexible

GINN

Banned
HSC
N/A
i experienced it the hard way.
i did flexible first year engineering and it tempted me to deviate from the list of recommended electives and then it has put me to a slight disadvantage in 2nd year.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
just aim for the course you want to do, except do some electives so you have the oppourtunity to change majors if you find the course sucks dick. simple eh?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)