• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

what to take to uni? (1 Viewer)

ben150891

HSC
i was just wondering what everybody takes to uni. like what type of books do you take and other stuff. what will i need on the first day?

Andi0390

HSC
There is a whole thread somewhere about this.

My advice is:

Bring yourself, a lined notepad with holes in the side, two pens (to make friends with the people who forgot their pens - ie. me), your timetable, your map you got in O-Week, and your Ipod. And a paperclip. And a highlighter - yellow and pink are the best.

Possibly a bag to put all this in. Or pockets and your hand.

You won't learn anything in the first few days, they will just be discussing the course outline and everything. After a few days you will have an idea of what kind of system you will use - like whether you will use a 4 subject notepad, a ring binder, separate books for each class etc. Your system will then fail in the first month, but its fun while it lasts.

I recommend a system that utilises post-its. I go through more of them than anything.

Bring some food or lunch money. Try to be on time and don't be afraid to sit next to strangers in lectures. Aisle seats are the best though.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
lots of cash on you at all times (no less than $200)
iphone, ipod, car keys, wallet
jewelry, laptop

philphie

Banned
HSC
oh nooozz stay in the shaades all day while your fwends are on the oval playing bull rush and tips

purplemonkey

HSC
There is a whole thread somewhere about this.

My advice is:

Bring yourself, a lined notepad with holes in the side, two pens (to make friends with the people who forgot their pens - ie. me), your timetable, your map you got in O-Week, and your Ipod. And a paperclip. And a highlighter - yellow and pink are the best.

Possibly a bag to put all this in. Or pockets and your hand.

After a few days you will have an idea of what kind of system you will use - like whether you will use a 4 subject notepad, a ring binder, separate books for each class etc.

Bring some food or lunch money. Try to be on time and don't be afraid to sit next to strangers in lectures. Aisle seats are the best though.
This. :)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
is this so you can rob him ;)
That's what it'd be for ;). I'm sure there would be a few pickpockets at university >_>... and is why I'd always take my valuables with me and lock them in my room when I left.

GINN

Banned
HSC
N/A
your school uniform.

you cannot enter the university grounds without looking like an absolute douchebag in your sydney boys high jersey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)