• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What roles do Jews and their officiating celebrants play in Religious Rites (1 Viewer)

kn0_name

HSC
Hey guys,

I urgently need someone to offer a decent answer to this question, its for my Studies of Religion 2 unit course. i have to do a 9 minute tutorial on the question. thanks for any help!

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
kn0_name said:
Hey guys,

I urgently need someone to offer a decent answer to this question, its for my Studies of Religion 2 unit course. i have to do a 9 minute tutorial on the question. thanks for any help!
need to be a little clearer

are you being specific (see below) or general?

which rites? (ie different people have different roles in different rites unlike Christianity were it is basically a priest/minister for most if not all rites)
and
what "people" (your statement/question doesnt really make linguistic sense!)
Do you mean people of authority eg rabbais? or do you mean what roles do people in general have eg sandak in a bris or are you talking from a community sense ie what does the community get out of religious rituals?

More info so we can help!!

try jewfaq.org or http://www.bje.org.au/educators/templateFolder.php?id=649&gid=4 (has good notes for each of the units in SOR from a Jewish perspective

kn0_name

HSC
i cant be any clearer, since that is kind of the direct question i was given word-for-word. so i guess it has to be on ALL jewish rites and the roles of the celebrants for ALL those rites i need to talk about, and then furthermore the roles of the larger community in each of these jewish rites.

thanks for the link to - it has some good info there.

so basically, if someone could help me out with the above question (on everything unfortunately) that would be sweet

thanks again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)