• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

what happens if u don't get a good uai? (1 Viewer)

joanna 17

HSC
what happens if u don't get a good uai? i'm worried i won't get the marks i need, are there make up courses or ways to get around bad marks? also theres not long until the final exams... is it worth quiting now?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
You can enrol in a similar course or another course that your interested in and transfer internally. At UWS you need an above credit average to guarantee you to transfer internally.

You can go to TAFE and do a certificate VI or diploma and then transfer to uni.

You can apply to do tests which can help gain your entry - eg: at uws you can do the ret test.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
its not the end of the world, there are many pathyway to get wat you want.

Abraxus

HSC
i gotta admit i was crushed when i saw my UAI. at the time it does feel like the end of the world but as it settles in you realise it isn't. right now i'm stoked about my uni, like ppl have said there's heaps of ways around it. if you plan on goin to UWS you can do the ret test, though you should be sure if you think you'll be goin there cause it is $120 to sit it. dont be one of those ppl that get into the course they want but wish they had a higher UAI, cause you'll be pissing off ppl like me that got low UAI's and didn't come close to the cutoff of their desired course. be grateful if you get into your preference, cause thats all the UAI is. once you get into uni, UAI doesn't mean jack shit.

IceBreaker

HSC
yea but i think for some courses, the only way to gain entry in the course is to complete the HSC and obtain a UAI, courses such as Law, Medicine, Liberal Studies, Commerce(these are usually 95+uai). Am i right or wrong?

eViLnUt

Cardplayer
HSC
IceBreaker said:
yea but i think for some courses, the only way to gain entry in the course is to complete the HSC and obtain a UAI, courses such as Law, Medicine, Liberal Studies, Commerce(these are usually 95+uai). Am i right or wrong?
once you do the preparation courses or obtain a certificate in tafe, you can apply for courses in unis...if they stll dun accept you for the course (i.e. law) I believe internal transfers are possible, provided you do well in your previous courses and pay enuff money...

however, its probably betta for a uni student to confirm dat...

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
i dont get this whole transfer thing...so u can get a lower uai, get into a lower uai course and then transfer to the course u want to??..

cause i wanna do primary teaching or psycology but im sure i wont get the uai of around 81+...so i could do say social work (70+)and then change?

eViLnUt

Cardplayer
HSC
white_spazzy said:
i dont get this whole transfer thing...so u can get a lower uai, get into a lower uai course and then transfer to the course u want to??..

cause i wanna do primary teaching or psycology but im sure i wont get the uai of around 81+...so i could do say social work (70+)and then change?
a UAI of 81+ shouldn't be that hard to achieve, as long as you make a decent effort...if you study with the notion that 'I prob won't make it' chances are u'll do worse than if u were more confident...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)