• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What Do I Study? (1 Viewer)

Cabrera1990

HSC
Hello.

Look i regular study all my other subjects but for english i am in a little bit of a dilemma. How do u study for english? what do you have to know? what do others do? Please reply and help me out with some recommendations!

Cheers

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
For now,

The most basic underlying principle behind English Standard is understanding how the texts reflects upon the module it is under. Not only must you learn the text, but the module it is under e.g. How plot, character, setting, etc. in Henry Lawson's Short Story 'The Loaded Dog' relates to Telling Stories (an elective in Module A: Experience Through Language).

Learn how to write an interview script, speech and feature article in addition to an essay.

I remember quotes from texts as they exactly are without changing anything, unlike Maths formulas where you can change a notation or two.

coley99

HSC
just practise doing past exam papers and essays. also try to remember a couple of quotes that could be useful for a number of questions about characters and plots. but the quotes do not need to be exact anyway so as long as u have read the txts u will be fine. dont stress just make sure u understand what the texts are about. (sparks notes is helpful for this if u are having trouble)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)