• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

washing hair once a week? (1 Viewer)

kahuna14

HSC
wat does this mean?

does it mean that you dont shampoo, or like you dont put any of ur hair under water, or jst leave it completely dry, n wen in shower, dnt get it wet at all?

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
I think you don't wet your hair... like you wear a shower cap when you have a shower, so your hair stays dry......

unfortunately, many people who claim to wash their hair only once a week, also only have a shower once a week......

cue the shock horror!

why do you wanna know?

kahuna14

HSC
i read in the newspaper , that if u had thick blah blah hair, then you should wash at least once a week, so yeh. jst curious how its done, thats quite dirty but isnt it, hair would be all greasy

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
llamalope said:
unfortunately, many people who claim to wash their hair only once a week, also only have a shower once a week......
I wash my hair once a week (sometimes) and i shower everyday:):):)

Last edited:

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
llamalope said:
I think you don't wet your hair... like you wear a shower cap when you have a shower, so your hair stays dry......

ummm... good for water saving campaign... bad for personal hygiene!!

Washing hair once a week, MIGHT still be tolerable on some people (depending the length of their hair), but only having a shower once a week sounds a little extreme to me.

However, on the other hand, i heard that washing hair everyday will leave the sculp too dry because the hair scalp will not have enough time to reproduce the natural oil that is needed.

wanton-wonton

HSC
kahuna14 said:
wat does this mean?

does it mean that you dont shampoo, or like you dont put any of ur hair under water, or jst leave it completely dry, n wen in shower, dnt get it wet at all?
It means you dont shampoo for a week. You can rinse with water itself, but that's still not 'washing'. I only wash my hair once a week :).

wanton-wonton

HSC
sugaryblue said:
However, on the other hand, i heard that washing hair everyday will leave the sculp too dry because the hair scalp will not have enough time to reproduce the natural oil that is needed.
Not only that, chemicals do something too, I forget what.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
I wash my hair 3 times a week because it needs it. People who have dry hair shouldn't wash their hair more than is necessary because it dries it out even more.

And i don't think all that many people go without a shower for a week, no matter how bad they smell. This is NOT the UK...

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
kahuna14 said:
i read in the newspaper , that if u had thick blah blah hair, then you should wash at least once a week, so yeh. jst curious how its done, thats quite dirty but isnt it, hair would be all greasy
its actually any hair that should be washed once a week.
not necesarily should, but in the long run, it can be better for your hair.
i wash my once, sometimes twice a week and i find my hair is better then when i used to wash it every second to third day. i do sometimes wet my hair, but i dont full on wet it, just so its damp, and i use cold water, not hot water.
i always wash my hair at the start of the week, so its after the weekend after ive been out and done my hair in put in product.

the best way to shampoo twice, condition once, as the first shampoo lifts dirt and hair products, while the second shampoo actually cleans out all the dirt and product and makes it clean.

i shower every day, unless if ive done nothing, i shower every second day.

Snow Pea!

Touch it Bring it Pay it
HSC
i wash my hair everyday.. is that bad?? it gets too oily and gross otherwise.. :(
i know sum ppl that wash it twice and contition once a day.. that would seriously harm it wouldnt it??

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
washing hair everyday can make it oily and gross.
if one washes their hair everyday and if they dont, it get too oily and gross, slowly cutback and you will notice that your hair wont be as oily and gross when you dont wash it everday.
you can always put talc in your hair so it doesnt look oily and gross.

wow, i said oily and gross, like, 5 times in that post!

Snow Pea!

Touch it Bring it Pay it
HSC
mmm_sofay said:
washing hair everyday can make it oily and gross.
if one washes their hair everyday and if they dont, it get too oily and gross, slowly cutback and you will notice that your hair wont be as oily and gross when you dont wash it everday.
you can always put talc in your hair so it doesnt look oily and gross.

wow, i said oily and gross, like, 5 times in that post!
talc?? wont it leave white streaks?? or does it blend in??

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
i have a shower every day but dont wash it every day
i dont wear a showercap either, i just put my hair in a bun...sometimes the tips get wet but i just dont put my head under

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Snow Pea! said:
talc?? wont it leave white streaks?? or does it blend in??
I use baby powder when my hair gets a bit oily looking. But I put a whole load on my hair before I go to bed, then when i get up the next day it's gone, but your hair is a whole lot less oily looking. It doesn't really work if you put it on before you go out, cos it is noticeable unless you only put a tiny bit on and comb it through, or put some on and then use a hair straightener, which makes it go away (I also do that sometimes).

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
I used to wash my hair only once a week and it was fine, didn't get too oily, but now it gets oily after 2 days, it's so annoying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)