• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Waivers forms (1 Viewer)

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
uh you can only have grounds for waiver if you've completed a similar unit at MQ or another uni...

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
what were you planning to get a waiver for??

eyebrowman

HSC
nah cause i failed math130 this sem and i dont wanna do it ever again :)
but if i wanna do econ111 the coming sem the pre-req is math 123-136..
so i had a crazy idea that a waiver form was something that could exempt me from doing maths again if i had an excuse or something lame

btw does anyone know if i can still get into econ111 this sem?
cause the pre-req didnt say what mark i get in maths, as long as i did it?
get what i mean

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
oh.. if you didnt fail by much, you could appeal your grade and ask for special consideration.. but you'd need to verify your proof and how it has effected your final outcome...

the pre- req for econ110/111 are:
Admission to BCom/BEc/BAppFin or UAI equivalent to these degrees or admission to BeBus or a GPA of 2.00 with at least 12cp; HSC Mathematics performance band 2 or extension 1 or extension 2, or corequisite of any unit in the range MATH123-MATH136

uh i'm assuming your in commerce/economics/applied finance/ebusiness right? for the math part, did you do math for the HSC? if i remember right, band 2 is above 50% isn't it?

you might be able to get a waiver to do the unit, but i'm not sure if they will let you continue on if you don't have the right math requirements!

does that make sense?? maybe you should ring up and ask..

eyebrowman

HSC
hmm yeh i failed by quite a bit haha
yeh i do ebus atm..but i didnt do 2unit maths at school, did general instead..

cause like some pre-req require a pass in a certain sub to get in, whereas econ just says "or corequisite of any unit in the range MATH123-MATH136" so hopefully..as long as i done it i can get in
highly doubt it tho

and i cbf calling, too lazy ahha :p
how bout u do it for me ? :)

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
sure i'll ring them for you..
LOL

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
That's not exactly right jlh with regards to waivers. A waiver is permission that that waives the pre-reqs/co-reqs for one reason or another.

It could be because you've done a similar subject, or it could be simply that you are a top student and have shown keen interest in the unit u want to do but technically don't meet the pre-reqs, a transfer student who needs earlier access to certain electives, etc. So BS excuses, while not likely to suceed, could be worth a go (though VERY unlikely to succeed if you want a subject you failed to be waived as a pre-req).

eyebrowman said:
whereas econ just says "or corequisite of any unit in the range MATH123-MATH136" so hopefully..as long as i done it i can get in
highly doubt it tho
Since its a co-req (not a pre-req), it just means you have to be doing a unit in that range this semester along with ECON.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)