• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

WACE Students (1 Viewer)

T

timbk2

Welcome..

How many people here do the WACE ?

(keep this spam free)

parfait

Hello!

I'm a year 12 TEE student from Western Australia. I think perhaps I might be the only one on this forum?
:)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Yeah you probably are :)

parfait

It stands for Western Australian Certificate of Education, but we don't call it that in W.A. Our equivalent to HSC is TEE (tertiary entrance exams) which is what we refer to it as. And instead of a UAI we get a TER (Tertiary Entrance Rank) which is just the same thing. Although we don't have bands(?) like you do. We have most of the same subjects...

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
The WACE was a guess really. Tell me though, we have HSC exams to get our Higher School Certificate. Do WA students have an equivalent certificate?

parfait

I think the certificate is called the WACE, it's just that it hasn't been mentioned by anyone before. Maybe it will be when we get our results, but I'm not sure. :)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
One of the reason all those reforms took place a few years ago (the reason this forum exists!) was the NSW government felt the HSC placed too much stress on tertiary entrance, when the reality was that most HSC students didn't study after high school. That's why the year 12 curriculum for stuff like Science is so watered down now - instead of being a workable prerequisite to university science it's got more of an "interest" focus.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Its so crap though. Why in the hell do we have to do English. I wish it was watered down more. Do you Western Australians have to do compulsary subjects?

pink_lady88

yah i'm a TEE student from wa too, so ur not the only one parfait, but i'm in yr 11

the only compulsory subject is english and but we get to chose the rest so thats good, i dont understand the HSC, it seems complicated to me,

parfait

wa

As pink_lady said, English is the only compulsory subject however we also have course prerequisites which make some subjects like maths necessary for most degrees. But anyway, are you in yr12 in 2005 pink_lady? What subjects are you studying? :) I think soon they are changing our system abit towards a more outcome-based format however they will still have some sort of exam. The HSC sounds really complex in comparison with our system.

pink_lady88

yes i will be in yr 12 '05' and i'm doing 5 TEE subject, eng, discrete, biol, history and geography, yeah they are changing the system, will it be easier for the ppl younger than us to gain a good TER and get into the course they want?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)