• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

uws input into new tv channel (1 Viewer)

L

LaraB

not really new in a way - TVS is - but its always existed, just as Channel 31.

UWS used to have heaps of input into it but it was owner by other people - they bought out the station fairly recently so they own it all now.

doesn't start properly for a little while yet.... sucks but coz now they bought it out the melbourne stuff doesn't come thru on channel 31 at my place anymore:( coz my singing school has a show on tehre from the melbourne schools so now its gone bye bye :p

has some pretty decent stuff here and tehre - got DW news which is 'stolen' now from SBS:) some movie review stuff... the uws shows pretty well suck atm coz they're a bit disorganised and not professional but peopel i know working in all the production stuff said the stuff upcoming is better done coz they've hadmore time to do it and were able to look at the 'finished product' and all that kinda thing..

pretty much its a lot of particularly cultural groups with shows, a lot of private projects - l ike, films, uni students projects and all that.. but anyone can buy stuff:)

Bloke's world used to be on teh equivalent channel - Ch 31:) hehe

hYperTrOphY

HSC
That's interesting; I noticed this channel last night when I was tuning my new tv! I just stored it as channel 8. :)

klh

HSC
i cant get it!!! :( my stupid tv only goes up to channel 29..how frustrating...

my only other memory of uws on tv really has been those law dudes during the Schappele Corby case and on SBS in the series the corporation i think, showing the postgrad open day...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Ah, so thats why that station is so shitty :p

I was flicking stations and found it and thought the people were all on drugs or something :rolleyes:

Don't worry Klh, you arent missing out on much.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Is that when your back home nat? Because I think its only in Sydney channel 31.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I've heard that not many people in Sydney get channel 31 as well. I think it depends on the reception and what tv you have.

L

LaraB

Cape said:
I've heard that not many people in Sydney get channel 31 as well. I think it depends on the reception and what tv you have.
actually - quite a lot get it... pretty sure there's towers in a couple of places, one being in penrith on campus or something...

i don't exactly live near any of teh towers and it sthe clearest tv station i've got!

just depends on ur tv mostly... people with cable seem to have more problems than 'normal tv' tuning into it

L

LaraB

yeh - it doesn't just automatically appear since it was 'established' in a way recently and your tvs would all just be tuned from when you got em so you gotta retune em to get it:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)