• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

USYD or UNSW law better? (1 Viewer)

jelly

heh. torts is for wusses. wait til u get to 2nd yr and above and start doing hard core law....crim law, contracts, admin, property...where u have nothing to rely on except for your own ability to read bloody long rambling cases ... we dont even touch the textbook in contracts. all there is is a casebook bigger than the bible which U have to plough thru yourself.

By then you'll finally understand why older law students love Kirby J, Denning Ld judgments so much... plain english my arse

timmii

sporadic attendee
ok. Be a little more patronising please. I still have a shred of esteem left :rolleyes:

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by jelly
By then you'll finally understand why older law students love Kirby J, Denning Ld judgments so much... plain english my arse
gimmeee hardcore, multi-clausal, subject-particle-object-particle-clause-clause-main verb sentences!!!! plain english suxx0rs!!! gotta love latin... :D

*dun mind me, i'm just nutz* :p

usyd rulz.

Last edited:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
obviousli u dont want to do law as much as others... hahaha did u put it on any of ur preferances?
It's not that, I'm just sick of seeing a proto-prelaw getting so hyped up about it! :p

I haven't added it to my preferences yet because I'm not a 99+ potential. I might get medlaw in Melbourne if I'm reeeeeeally lucky, but at the moment it looks like my only hope (failing med in any of 6 universities) is at UTS.
Originally posted by Frigid
sorry, usyd has got me by hook-and-sinker...
Pshaw, they had me like that a year ago. Then I woke up. :p

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
It's not that, I'm just sick of seeing a proto-prelaw getting so hyped up about it! :p

I haven't added it to my preferences yet because I'm not a 99+ potential. I might get medlaw in Melbourne if I'm reeeeeeally lucky, but at the moment it looks like my only hope (failing med in any of 6 universities) is at UTS.

who says i am gonna get in? hahah i just love law related stuff... hence cant help being excited...but making it or not..thatz another story... haha i can imagine myself still saying *law forever!* even if i get into commerce ...

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
haha i can imagine myself still saying *law forever!* even if i get into commerce ...
...or farm management :D

Nah, seriously, you're a born silk. It'll just take a while. ;)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
haha i can imagine myself still saying *law forever!* even if i get into commerce ...
seriously, its like 10 times easier transferring into law after 1 yr of commerce than it is getting in thru the HSC

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Ah, but is first year commerce easy enough for people who aren't interested in it to do well and transfer to law?

timmii

sporadic attendee
Minai - have you heard if u got law yet?!?!?!?! :D

truly - I was sooooo obsessed last year with law (and usyd in partic), but be careful. I was so excited and then I was sooo distraught when i thought i'd realised i wouldnt get in. (But then again, v. excited again when i did get in!!!) :D So uh yeah, moral of the story, if u wont get too heartbroken, its much more fun to be really enthusiastic and want to do it - (tho enough with the "law forever"s hmmm? :p;) :D)

timmii

sporadic attendee
hehe my friend wanted to do that but didnt get. She's doing med at unsw at the moment and petitioning them to allow her to do torts etc as electives...ie. trying to create her own mbbs/law. From the sounds of things though, its not working. Maybe, you, lex, will forge the way forward? :p

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Lexicographer
Ah, but is first year commerce easy enough for people who aren't interested in it to do well and transfer to law?
If u can't manage a Distinction average in first year commerce, u shouldn't even consider law

Originally posted by timmii
Minai - have you heard if u got law yet?!?!?!?! :D
lol, no, I find out on the same day as the other Year 12's
and I gotta do seriously well this semester =/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)