• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Usain Bolt 100m world record 9.58s (1 Viewer)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
USAIN Bolt said a tight plan based on a good start were the keys to his amazing record performance - but he may still go faster.

But he admitted he still had time to look over his shoulder to ensure the plan had worked - as it did perfectly.

"For me it was all about just going in to win because I knew these guys were ready, Tyson has been doing well all season so I knew these guys were ready," he said.
"For me it was about just getting out there and executing and get the right race in.

"I got a good start definitely, that was my main aim.

"I got a good start and then my drive phase overall was good."
"When I came out of my drive phase at the 50 I knew it was going to be hard to get past me because it is the strongest part of my race.

" I just drove to the line and looked over shoulder for a bit but overall it was a good race."

Asked if he could get any faster, Bolt would not rule it out.

"For me I would say anything is possible," he said.
" Who knows if I will be the next one to break the world record next time but anything is possible."
Bolt also revealed the race day diet which fuelled the record. In beijing it had been chicken nuggets.

"Asafa (Powell) said there was no nuggets here but I found a McDonalds and I had a lot of nuggets for lunch today," he revealed.
Tyson Gay said he was happy with the race - even though he hadn't broken the record he was happy someone did.

"I'm really happy that Usain Bolt broke the world record, that might sound strange but I knew it was humanely possible for someone to run that fast," he said.
". It wasn't me but I am very happy with the race."
I needed a good start - Bolt | Herald Sun

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
my dad told me this in the morning, like wtf how fast is he gonna get. He'l probably crack 9.5 soon. Imagine that!

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
not surprising really, he could have done something similar to 9.58 in Beijing had he not jogged the last 5m:wave:

Ancly

Banned
HSC
N/A
seriously?

sure he is insanely fast bit he is also a dickhead

Nintendo 64

HSC
yeah i never actually seen an interview of him but he seems happier than alot of the other angry faced fast mothers

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
apparently he was still warming down in front of the cameras more than an hour and a half after the race had finished ha

Baremy

HSC
in my opinion i believe he's just slowly breaking record again and again to be known forever or something. he can blitz that time no doubt.

benv

HSC
If he says anything is possible with him, I wanna see him crack 9 flat XD
That would be legendary to the maxx lol and i don't think that would ever be forgotten
Rekon he could do it? Maybe with a bit of tailwind??

Mantello

Banned
HSC
I went to a sports school, trained with elite athletes, competed in Athletics for over 10 years, my coach was the Commonwealth Games Sprint Coach in Melbourne 2006! So I know the difference between elite technique and steroids. Bolt is obviously using steroids because you can see it in his arm angle in relation to his ankle cant. It's very apparent.

Besides, which other athlete can run a world record time and still be able to just "jog" the last 10m of their race? Oh, that's right. Asafa Powel, remember him? Trained by the same coach that trains Usain Bolt.
They both do the EXACT same thing and still manage to break the record like that with ease over the line looking around themselves and all over the place.

I went on the track just after the commonwealth games in 2006 to see if I could increase my speed whilst hitting the last 10m (When doing the typical i'll slow down and act cool about it), I did EVERYTHING just to see if that would SOMEHOW improve my performance, but none of it worked out. It only made me slower and basically made me fall off balance that I had to realign myself on the track.

Besides, BEFORE the 2006 Commonwealth Games, I had NEVER heard of Usain Bolt EVER. Seriously, I just randomly heard some dark dude broke the world record without any previous news coverage / internet based results come forth.

Remember Marian Jones? She broke numerous records and about 4 or 5 years later she comes out and says yeah i'm on drugs..sorry.

Regardless, I think he's on something. I'm not saying this because he's fast and he broke a world record and that i'm jealous of him...i'm saying it as a professional / technique based theory.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)