• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ur class (1 Viewer)

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
so whats ur legal studies class like???

boring:eek: interesting:) a joke:p or fun!:D ???

gotta say mines a mix of interesting a joke and a lot of fun... we have alot of discussions..n debates..laughs... n i guess alot of swearing wen we are all convinced we are right...lol... debates neva go down well without some emphasis!

Lainee

HSC
:p My class is cool. Our teacher is extremely high-strung though, I fear for her blood-pressure sometimes - actually, all the time, I don't think she ever gives herself a break! I guess she's very passionate about her legal studies. :p We've got a pretty vocal class, 15 intelligent and opinionated people plus a crazy teacher makes for some vocally violent debates most days!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
awww I miss my class (including my teacher)....they were the funnest people and we were so close! I MISS LEGAL!

HSC
We had a very close class... only 4 students... so we could easily laugh, debate, and discuss :)

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
yeh... we got about 15-20 people and our class is noisy and always laughiung... i think the subject brings people close togetha hahaha

love legal.... we gotta new teacher this year n its still heaps of fun.... our old teacher we called paddington bear coz he resembled padington bear...we bought him a mini 1 wen he left lol!

Lainee

HSC
I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Legal. For one thing, I think the HSC course is much more interesting than the preliminary - which I didn't like too much, but persisted in hope that it'ld get better (and it did!).

I always get the feeling that my teacher overcomplicates things just to make it more challenging for us - or maybe it's just me. :)

dezzy

HSC
our class is...well...weird...
debates are very common...esp. concerning feminism and capital punishment!!!! oh, and prostitution!

i love it tho! its a gr8 environment

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
i miss my legal class so much.
my teacher knew his stuff pretty well, but he was so lazy lol he let us bludge SO MUCH, i'm not joking.

in yr11 we used to have triples on wednesday mornings (ie, school started at 8:10), even if we turned up at 8:45 he wouldn't care :D

he'd teach for a while, and then we'd discuss, and then we'd do our "own work" (gossip) lol. when harry potter #5 came out, a few of us were reading it during class and he just commented on how he couldn't get into dymocks on saturday :p

man i loved our class :D even though we didn't do much work during class, we had great disussions (arguments :p) and heaps of fun. we all did pretty well too....... aaaaargh i miss school!!

Last edited:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by bubz :D

man i loved our class :D even though we didn't do much work during class, we had great disussions (arguments :p) and heaps of fun. we all did pretty well too....... aaaaargh i miss school!!

That sounds EXACTLY like my class! Not much work went on in class (although we did discuss a lot), we only had morning classes so ppl rocked up at different times.....our teacher used to sing the 'fail' song when we didn't do anything (quite a funny lil song actually). BUT we were very close, had an awesome teacher who really knew her stuff and to everyone's suprise the class did amazingly well--the best results as a class in the school!

Ziff

HSC
N/A
My class is off-topic and filled with opinionated idiots (well a distinct and vocal few) who talk out of their arses. I wish my mates were still in the class, too bad they dropped it at the end of year 11.

We sat at the back and laughed all lesson long, acted like total dickheads, and bagged out the dumbarses who sat up front and continually took the lesson off track and off-syllabus. Still went quite well and beat the people up front hahaha...

These days I just turn up late. The class is a joke because of the front row. Everyone else is fine but most people are shy and don't talk/answer questions/engage in discussion (though what's the point when someone will undoubtedly take it to something stupid that sounds like it's straight from the Daily Telegraph?)

My teacher is great though. She knows what she's doing and usually provides good feedback.

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
:p :D our class is pretty funny.. we got a new legal studies teacher this year ... i liked my old one alot i had heaps of respect for him and he was seroiusly the best teacher ive ever had throughout my school life, i just responded realy well to his teaching! this new teacher is funny.. he pays out one of the girls in our class who is just so BLONDE so yeah we have laughs in legal but we do a bit of work as well. :)

= Jennifer =

HSC
well our class we have soo much fun, the teacher mucks around with us he teases us we tease him, and we still learn if we dont wanna work he wont force us, we dont get homework and yet his teaching is effective....we have a ball

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
i think alot of legal is discussion n debate... i know in yr 11 we were always talking about sex n homosexuals hahaa

the last laugh
HSC
i loved our class discussing about capital punishment, abortion, euthanasia etc, we'd all get so worked up about it (our teacher: "that's the spirit, girls!") :D

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by bubz :D
i loved our class discussing about capital punishment, abortion, euthanasia etc, we'd all get so worked up about it (our teacher: "that's the spirit, girls!") :D
lol our teacher laughs at some of the girls naivety, bcos they think they know what they're saying when they know jack

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by amoz_lilo
lol our teacher laughs at some of the girls naivety, bcos they think they know what they're saying when they know jack
lol yeah some of the girls would completely contradict themselves and we'd all have a laugh (including the girl herself) :D it was really interesting hearing people's views though, and their reasons behind them... like why a few girls supported capital punishment, etc.

adamj

My class was really interesting. In year 11, no one really bothered turning up, except me and some others. THe others did quite bad that year, but I was happy top get 100% here and there in my assessments.

Year 12, a new teacher who was amazed at how the class got by the year before, was open to discussion, we had some really good times in that class. It was fun learning about the law, and being from Ashfield, everyone had something to share about their time with the law - whether it was confrontation with police and arrest or just discussing political issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)