• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Unleashed (jet li) (1 Viewer)

wanton-wonton

HSC
PwarYuex said:
So acting like something else (an animal) isn't hard, but acting like yourself (a human) is?
Acting like a different person is harder than acting like an animal, believe it or not. :rolleyes:

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
saw it today, wasnt as good as i thought it would be but i still liked it

but i reckon kod is jet li's best hollywood film hes made and coming in a close second would be romeo must die

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
I saw this a couple months ago. Wouldn't say it's Jet Li's "best".. it's more deep than his other movies, prob the best acting of his so far.. but not enough action scenes. Romeo Must Die is heaps better.

tempco

HSC
Komaticom said:
What about The One? Where does that rank on the list?
meh, The One had very good fighting scenes, but the plot was just pathetic. concept-wise, it had potential, but it just wasn't directed/produced well.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Wanton: Eat my turd. No not that one, the sloppy ones.

Jago: Yeah, that scene was awesome.

Kiss of the Dragon was one of those hardcore more brutal style (minimal crazy wire-fu work) Jet Li films and I really appreciated that. Although the fights in movies like Cradle, The One etc. are nice to watch, I found them deep down unsatisfying. In KotD, there's a sense of desperation throughout the whole film, i.e a thick fog of corruption from some authority figure smothering down the alone protagonist in every direction. I loved that.

Annegelic: For some reason I really hated Romeo Must Die.. I dunno, those movies where he stars with other black rappers etc. I find sucky. Cradle to the Grave was ok, though.

Komaticom: Fight scenes were ok, but I don't think there was enough.. and it seemed WAY to wire-fu-ed and CGIed to me. I read once on Li's website where he elaborates that there are generally two types of Li fans.. his 'older-gen' fans where they appreciate his hardcore brutal streetfight style movies (minimal wire-fu, like KotD) and his 'newer-gen' fans who are into the more unrealistic wire-fu aided films (like Cradle, The One etc.).. haven't seen unleashed so don't know which category that fits into.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Old-gen minimal wire-fu...? Once Upon A Time In China had a lot of it, and it waz made in '93. But I loved the movie though, cult classic.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Old-gen minimal wire-fu...? Once Upon A Time In China had a lot of it, and it waz made in '93. But I loved the movie though, cult classic.
Yeah i really enjoyed that movie. I can just remember it, but i think i enjoyed it...

jkd: unleashed is more "older-gen". His fighting is a lot more brutal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)